speedpigeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is my progress so far normal? I am not increasing much on bench press.

I'm 20, 5'7 and 8 stone 9 and have been lifting weights for about 2 1/2 months. I was just barely 8 stone before i started lifting, but i would attribute the weight gain to medication i have been taking. I am taking advantage of the weight gain because lack of it turned me off lifting before.

I usually work with what i can, at home. I picked up serious mass and take 1 scoop before and after. I know it looks and tastes like **** but it must be working(if you have a better suggestion, let me know). For example.

I was mostly focusing on strength training for most of this, so 5x5. Heavy weights and less reps, more rest. Let me know how far i can get with this.

--
    Bench went from 30kg(5x5) to 35kg(5x5).. very slow. I can notice the 30kg is fairly easy now, and i can feel the 35kg is getting easier. But it still seems slow, in over a month, you'd think i'd be benching a lot more. I make sure my form is good, bar all the way down to the chest, up, pause and back down again. I do feel i am lifting 100 tons near the end of the last 2 sets but this is what i want. I hear people should naturally be able to lift their body weight.

Sitting dumbell curl, i have increased from 12.5kg(5x12) to 17.5kg(5x5) on right arm. The left arm is significantly weaker, i can barely do a 5x5 on left arm on 15kg and it's a huge struggle, but i manage it. If i am having a bad day, i'll usually take out the 15kg for right arm too.

Next up, dips on a pair of 2 scaffolding holders. 5x5, my shoulders/triceps get a burst of pain right after i release all tension and finish the set, but it rapidly subsides. I figure this is normal?

Next, i'll see how many chinups i can do. Not many, mostly 5-6 in a row, then very little. I have been finding these hard.

finally, I have been trying to get some size/burn on my arms. I know strength training doesn't give you sore arms, but i thought i would throw in 5x12 of 15kg barbell curls.

Is this enough to get me any progress? So far i have noticed definition on my upper body but i would expect that after 2 months, coming to 3 months, i should definitely be benching more, at least 5x40kg, but right now 40kg is a little intimidating for me. I could probably do a few but i'd need someone nearby, thanks.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    You'd have done much better using a proper routine. Go look at the sticky threads in the workout program section and pick one.