robleh6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny fat on keto ?

Hey guys im about 6'0 183lbs
    Ive been working out now religiously since July 12 and almost 2 months ive lost about 20lbs. Went from 203lbs to 183lbs today. I lift heavy about 4-5 times a week and recently I've changed my diet to a Keto diet. My macros are 180Protein, 110 fats, 10-15carbs. Before I was just intermittent fasting but now ive added the keto in with it. I have my eating window from 2ish-6. Taking in about 1500cal a day. All my lifts are going up in weight every week. For about 14 days ive lost about 8lbs which is good and all but I feel like im not seeing much of a change in my body. According to the online calculators im about 20% bf but I feel like I look like im 25%, Im wondering is there something im doing wrong or I just have to patient maybe. Thanks God Bless
    Attached Images

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why keto? Why so little calories?

Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100) Cobbs79 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by robleh6 View Post
    Ive been working out now religiously since July 12 and almost 2 months ive lost about 20lbs. Went from 203lbs to 183lbs today. I lift heavy about 4-5 times a week and recently I've changed my diet to a Keto diet. My macros are 180Protein, 110 fats, 10-15carbs. Before I was just intermittent fasting but now ive added the keto in with it. I have my eating window from 2ish-6. Taking in about 1500cal a day. All my lifts are going up in weight every week. For about 14 days ive lost about 8lbs which is good and all but I feel like im not seeing much of a change in my body. According to the online calculators im about 20% bf but I feel like I look like im 25%, Im wondering is there something im doing wrong or I just have to patient maybe. Thanks God Bless

What was your diet before keto if you just recently switched? If you want to be keto you need to drop that protein and up the fats, you need to up the calories in general.

According to your pics you're definitely around 25% BF. The 8lbs in 14 day is most likely water weight especially just starting keto. If you want to do keto I would up those macros to 120 - 130g of protein, 200 g of fats, 20 - 30g of carbs. Continue to lift heavy but give your muscles the proper amino acids and fatty acids and nutrition it needs. Drop the calories from there. Also no need to IF 2-6 unless that fits your lifestyle.

Keep things simple man, don't over complicate things.

bearjewcometh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by robleh6 View Post
    well first off if your macros provided are accurate that is closer to 2000 calories than 1500.
    protein is to high, could also be to lean depending on what the protein source is could cause neoglucogenesis. other things that may be screwing you up could be artificial sweetners, hell even dehydration. the other thing could be you're just slow to get fat adapted its not unheard of. you spent youre entire life up until this point eating one way and now you are re engineering. gut microbiome and fat receptors are fickle things.
    how are you tracking your keytone production?
    if you are using ketostix throw them out and invest in a blood meter.