Tanakss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need some personal opinions

Before I start I would like to just clarify that I've read all the stickies that are relevant with this post. I just need personal opinions on this. If I missed any info please let me know and I will provide it. I'm just starting out counting my macronutrients.
    I'm 5'8"
    158 lbs
    Male
    27 years old
    My goal is to gain lean mass and gain strength.
    I've decided to hit a daily goal of
    2,728 calories at
    30% protien 205g
    30% fat 91g
    40% carbs 273g
    I do weight training 5 days a week and cardio 3 days a week. I just want some personal opinions on these numbers and if there is anything you would change or tweak a little. Thanks

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Way more protein than you need, do not use ratios for macro split; .8g of protein per pound and .4g of fat per pound as minimums, rest of calories from carbs/fat/protein as you like.

Calories may or may not be enough, watch the scale and progress in the gym; aim to gain ~2 pounds per month adjusting calories as needed to be in that range.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    Protein seems a little too high, but probably not a big deal depending on what kind of foods you like to eat.

Don't see the point in doing cardio if you're trying to gain muscle and strength. If you're worried about excess fat, just eat less, but that's my opinion because I can't stand cardio.

LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Griddlelol View Post
    Protein seems a little too high, but probably not a big deal depending on what kind of foods you like to eat.

Don't see the point in doing cardio if you're trying to gain muscle and strength. If you're worried about excess fat, just eat less, but that's my opinion because I can't stand cardio.
    Actually Lyle mentioned over and over that low-intensity cardio done for 20-30 minutes 3 times a week is a generally good idea for bulk as well.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Way more protein than you need, do not use ratios for macro split; .8g of protein per pound and .4g of fat per pound as minimums, rest of calories from carbs/fat/protein as you like.

Calories may or may not be enough, watch the scale and progress in the gym; aim to gain ~2 pounds per month adjusting calories as needed to be in that range.
    I will keep this in mind. Thank you for your help!

Originally Posted by Griddlelol View Post

I guess it's just a mental kind of thing for me. I have a pretty active lifestyle and doing cardio is just more of a lifestyle for me rather than a choice. It's a great way for me to start my day.

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
    Actually Lyle mentioned over and over that low-intensity cardio done for 20-30 minutes 3 times a week is a generally good idea for bulk as well.
    Yeah, as I said, it's my preference. Cardio isn't a bad thing...but it is a bad thing for someone who hates it.

Any more opinions on this guys?

dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    With a five day split plus three days of cardio, I would definitely look to replace some of that protein for carbs.

Originally Posted by dashdash89 View Post
    With a five day split plus three days of cardio, I would definitely look to replace some of that protein for carbs.
    Thanks for the tip, I think I'm going to go this route.