Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Watsonm5 View Post
    Check your sodium intake. Subcataneous (spelling?) fluid underneath your skin especially your stomach is a bitch to get rid of. Reduce your sodium. Yes, WATER WEIGHT.
    Well... on the contrary if it actually is indeed water and not fat it would be easy to get rid of with some tweaking of hydration/carb and sodium levels as you mentioned. If it was fat, it would take longer to loose. I do get what your trying to say though.
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100) mariogarciafu is not very well liked. (-100)
    welcome to the club

lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JackMan017 View Post
    Don't worry, if you ever make it down to 7, not that you'd even want to go down to that number in your current state or even likely any other state, you'll know it, you'll feel like death pretty much 100% of the time
    Truth right here, you won't have to guess that you're in single digit % based on both facts that you'll be holding hardly any fat at all and everyone will be asking you if you're dying.

Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Yea that is most definitely what I am experiencing right now as i'm probably nearing close to that if i'm not already. Currently I am super lean, the leanest i've ever been but with that said I def feel as though my strength/performance in the gym and general energy has suffered noticeably. It's nothing major or what I can't work through but definitely has become more and more pronounced as reserve body fat levels get lower and lower. Anyone else feel/experience the same when dieting to very lean figures (under 10%)?
    In my experiences when getting below 15% my body will fight me in every way possible to retain fat, even at the expense of losing muscle regardless of protein intake. It is very difficult to get to single digits but the only thing harder is staying there. I've managed to get down to 9% and as stated above you feel like death which is the result of extended periods of reduced calorie intake combined with intense physical activity. This is the same effort required as if you were 30% bf however at that weight your body has a bounty of fat to feed off of, when you're single digit your body can't produce the difference so you're just running on fumes for the most part. FWIW I'm talking about doing this naturally, I've never tried doing it the alternative way.
    "Luck" is probability taken personally

Never accept a "No" from someone who wasn't empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place

Starting weight: 225 lbs @ 34% bodyfat
    Current weight: 155 lbs @ 10% bodyfat
    42" waist -> 26" waist

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lowkey122 View Post
    Truth right here, you won't have to guess that you're in single digit % based on both facts that you'll be holding hardly any fat at all and everyone will be asking you if you're dying.

In my experiences when getting below 15% my body will fight me in every way possible to retain fat, even at the expense of losing muscle regardless of protein intake. It is very difficult to get to single digits but the only thing harder is staying there. I've managed to get down to 9% and as stated above you feel like death which is the result of extended periods of reduced calorie intake combined with intense physical activity. This is the same effort required as if you were 30% bf however at that weight your body has a bounty of fat to feed off of, when you're single digit your body can't produce the difference so you're just running on fumes for the most part. FWIW I'm talking about doing this naturally, I've never tried doing it the alternative way.
    Well I can tell you that having spent plenty of time doing it both "ways" the other way really doesn't give you as huge of an advantage as many people believe. Yes you stand to retain more of your strength/lbm especially when getting 10-12% however it still takes just as much hard work and mental strength. Some people think that when your doing it the other way that muscle just flies on and fat just shreds off easily but it doesn't and that is not true at all and if you don't have your training and especially DIET nailed in 100% you aren't gonna get lean no matter what you take. Some may disagree with me but I am speaking from real world experience here not just spouting off what i've heard or read on this site or that article. Just some food for thought but I def agree with your post 100%
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Well I can tell you that having spent plenty of time doing it both "ways" the other way really doesn't give you as huge of an advantage as many people believe. Yes you stand to retain more of your strength/lbm especially when getting 10-12% however it still takes just as much hard work and mental strength. Some people think that when your doing it the other way that muscle just flies on and fat just shreds off easily but it doesn't and that is not true at all and if you don't have your training and especially DIET nailed in 100% you aren't gonna get lean no matter what you take. Some may disagree with me but I am speaking from real world experience here not just spouting off what i've heard or read on this site or that article. Just some food for thought but I def agree with your post 100%
    I agree with you entirely about diet and training being on point, nothing that you do in the gym is worth any of the effort put forward until you're eating, sleeping and training regimen/intervals are in harmony. I don't discount anybody's intense physical and mental effort required to get to their destination whether doing it naturally or the other way.

With that said, and having personally dipped into the single digit range albeit not for very long, getting and staying into single digit bf is pointless unless you're a glutton for punishment and simply determined to see how far you can push your body or if you compete and with a goal of getting a contract with a supplement company.
    "Luck" is probability taken personally

Never accept a "No" from someone who wasn't empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place

Starting weight: 225 lbs @ 34% bodyfat
    Current weight: 155 lbs @ 10% bodyfat
    42" waist -> 26" waist