curtisecraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Bulking; Cardio and impact on calories....

Hey all!

I have calculated my daily calories as 3125 calories according to working out 5x a week in the gym doing resistance training which is approx 250-250 daily surplus.

I am also wanting to add in some cardio to ensure I keep my fitness levels up.

If I was to maintain my 5 days a week working out in the gym (which I will), and then go on a run one day, should I eat back the calories that I have burned on the run to ensure the lean bulk to still be effecitve for that day?

I understand it's not possible to determine the exact amount of calories burned running etc...

Advice would be appreciated!

LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LioRiX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some would suggest to just estimate a weekly average maintenance which would be called TDEE, and based on that eat the same amount of calories each day, whether it's a surplus or a deficit.

I, however, find it more convenient (and maybe less simple though) to estimate my cardio/lifting burned calories and eat according to that every day. For instance, X on rest days, X+200 on lifting days etc.

Hope this helps

BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
    Some would suggest to just estimate a weekly average maintenance which would be called TDEE, and based on that eat the same amount of calories each day, whether it's a surplus or a deficit.

I, however, find it more convenient (and maybe less simple though) to estimate my cardio/lifting burned calories and eat according to that every day. For instance, X on rest days, X+200 on lifting days etc.

Hope this helps

I agree.

Just calculate ur aproximate calorie target, lets say 2700, and then stick to that average over 1 week, but eat less on rest days and more on active days. Like on rest days 2500 and on active days 2900 if it would be 1 rest day 1 active day repeat etc.. then just follow ur weight and after a few weeks increase or decrease based on results, or keep at it if they are good.