DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000)

Stigma with online dating? Srs

I was on Match for approximately a year, had a few dates and hookups, started dating a girl for a couple of months before breaking it off. I see the online dating thing as a phase in my life and just a temporary means to learn a little bit more about women & to explore new bars and restaurants. The one thing that I could not shake was the thought of telling people that "we met on Match" online etc if I were to ever meet a girl on there who I'd actually marry (lol).

The stigma of having online dating as the backstory of how I met my wife wasn't something that I was interested in. Have you brahs met people or have friends that married from meeting through dating apps? Anyone here with first hand experience?

BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lmao @ online dating. bro use it as backup but dont worry too much about it. if you do meet some dream girl just tell her that you two should tell everyone you met at a store or something. easy
    Keep rep trading out of your sig line miss

SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SavageBrah84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. It was pretty weird hearing my brother say "I met her on tinder" when I asked how they met each other in front of the family at some gathering. Everyone just got silent and bert stared 100% srs

sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is a stigma that online dating is for losers, but I think that's only because Hollywood romance movies make us all believe that true love is found riding the public bus, at a book store, the girl that works at the coffee shop, etc. Honestly has that ever happened, has anyone found true love asking the girl that serves you coffee out?

In the digital age we do everything online, shop, bank, read the news, talk about common interests (ex, this forum), why is finding friends or a SO that hard to fathom?

I made an account on OKCupid a month ago, met up with a girl a week ago. Didn't feel much chemistry but still it's more progress in my dating life than all of last 6 months. It isn't the only thing that I plan on doing, I also plan on going to meetups on meetup.com and also getting a weekend job where I can meet more people. I don't recommend online dating as your only thing, but don't exclude it either. Send a few msgs a night and see where it leads, you never know and it doesn't take much effort.

Why be embarassed about online dating, is it embarassing that you are trying to be happy?
    Walt Disney lied to us
    5% Whatever it takes

sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000) sphinxbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't really think there is much of a stigma any more, to be honest. Yeah, tinder and bumble are mostly for hookups. So the odds of finding a quality girl for a quality relationship are low. But on the other hand, every single person - male or female - that I know has had it a some point in time. Even if only for a few weeks. So there are decent people on there at any given moment to swipe on. With some luck, finding Mr. or Mrs. right on there is plausible.

The harder part might be family gatherings as said above. If asked how you met, telling the parents "tinder" might be awkward. But for those aged 20-30, I think the stigma of dating apps is pretty much gone.
    ..::-Miscers Who Actually Lift Crew-::..
    ***Canadian Crew***
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    S&P Crew

Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspired916 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eh, it can be decent if you actually pay for it but online dating services has become pretty trolly the last 5 years. Stigma? not really... not anymore anyway... it's 2017. 10 yrs ago it had a pretty big stigma because it was still fairly new. The best way to still meet someone is through friends and out and about, that will never really change imo.
    Alway's giving 110%

AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000) AlexNYC7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My friend and his wife met through tinder. She is a great match for him. So it works sometimes. They are expecting a kid as well.

And there was zero stigma. They even had "she swiped right" cookies at their wedding reception.

A true tinder success story.

Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000) Maatkarah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My (female) cousin has been married for a few years to a guy she met online (don't know which site).

A girl I used to hang out with is engaged to (may be married by now) and has 2 kids with a guy she met online - I think on POF.

When you watch some house/holiday home hunting TV programmes here in the UK, the couples (mostly middle-aged) have often met online.

Day to day opportunities can be scarce to meet people who are single (esp from late 20's on) .. it's just another way of meeting people to me; people who give it a stigma frustrate & annoy me.
    Simple minds need simple answers.

Goof loving Jared HockeyBacon18's Avatar
    HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HockeyBacon18 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lol half the time my opening pick up line is how are we telling people we REALLY met
    Keep mod discussions out of your sig line

Misc 2018 and 2019 NFL Pick Em Champion- Better luck next year fellas

Resident LA Rams Fan.

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IDGF about the stigma, as long as she is good, I'm giving it a whirl.

Overwhelming majority of women I have dated over the last couple years claim many of their friends met/married people from online. Makes sense that it would be used more widely by peeps in my generation because women don't always have friends to go out with (married life) or they are too busy/tired from their careers to go out.

To OP: your avi pic gives me shivers bro, change that creepy @ss pic!

DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use to think that online/app dating was for weidos and hook ups. Allas now I'm on the app thing. Before the apps I would go to parties and talk to guys. That never worked. I downloaded an app and 1 week later I have 2 dates lined up.

DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000) DolphinPenis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for thr solid feedback. I guess I'm going to need to work on my view of online dating & maybe give it another shot. The quality of the women that I met was very low grade however, so I'm only going to use it as a second stream as I was doing previously.

Part Animal, Part Machine cheerupemokid's Avatar
    cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cheerupemokid has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Meeting a girl online is a lot better than meeting her at the strip club.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DolphinPenis View Post
    Thanks for thr solid feedback. I guess I'm going to need to work on my view of online dating & maybe give it another shot. The quality of the women that I met was very low grade however, so I'm only going to use it as a second stream as I was doing previously.
    Not sure if you looking to settle down but screen them before wasting your time. For me its starts with their career. If they a lifer at Tim Horton's, see ya later bubs as this tells alot about their ambition in life.

guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guy169 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A) why da fuq do you care what others think

B) it ain't 1998 anymore, everyone meets people online these days

C) get out in the world and broaden your horizons a bit http://guysnightlife.com/10-best-tra...s-single-guys/

stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by guy169 View Post
    A) why da fuq do you care what others think

B) it ain't 1998 anymore, everyone meets people online these days

C) get out in the world and broaden your horizons a bit http://guysnightlife.com/10-best-tra...s-single-guys/
    When I was in SEA with a couple of buddies, they all banged some pretty decent looking dancers. They thought they were slaying but the girls asked for money after.

gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DolphinPenis View Post
    I was on Match for approximately a year, had a few dates and hookups, started dating a girl for a couple of months before breaking it off. I see the online dating thing as a phase in my life and just a temporary means to learn a little bit more about women & to explore new bars and restaurants. The one thing that I could not shake was the thought of telling people that "we met on Match" online etc if I were to ever meet a girl on there who I'd actually marry (lol).

The stigma of having online dating as the backstory of how I met my wife wasn't something that I was interested in. Have you brahs met people or have friends that married from meeting through dating apps? Anyone here with first hand experience?
    Well, I know few couples and all have that small "presure" (stigma as you said), so I am not sure why in 21st century we still look are people found each other in real life or in online world, simply I am not sure why, but I am pretty sure that "stigma" exists...

BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BloodFlame91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's 2017, most people do online dating and it's not as stigmatized like it was in the early 00s. I say give it a shot, you might meet some interesting or compatible girls
    "Do you get the gist of the song now?"

RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000) RauryL is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a few friends who met good partners/spouses through dating sites, but something I observed with their experiences as opposed to other online dating users is that they weren't on the sites/apps for very long. They got very lucky with hitting it off with just the right person within the first few months of using them, and didn't experience the horror stories that others typically do between getting involved with people with issues that weren't apparent in their profiles, or spinning their wheels with no results for months. When one of those friends got married, the "how we met" section on the wedding website said they met online and what they liked about their profile, and I have to admit it felt a little weird reading that, as opposed to hearing a story about two people who met through mutual friends, or work, or a hobby. It felt so artificial, which is not to say their love if fake or forced, but yeah, I guess it still carries a stigma with me, especially since I've gone down the online route multiple times, had a terrible experience on it, and now think the worse of hearing that someone met someone online because I assume most of the people on those sites are ****ed up in the head and are on there because they've pushed all the viable options in their real life out of the way for a reason you'd rather not get involved with.