Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000)

best networking tips and tricks?

Hi everyone! I became certified through ACE as a personal trainer and have been working with clients in their homes as well as seeing clients at my home gym. I would greatly appreciate any networking and client retention advice. I have quite a few clients right now but have experienced some client rollover (moving and budget changes) and if anyone has tips and tricks to get new clients I would love them! Thank you!

I am the mod who knocks KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz
    Is your "home gym" a globogym, or an actual home gym?
    "A fox has many tricks, a porcupine has only one trick - but a very good one."

athleticclubeast.com.au

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you tried posting in your local buy,sell,trade groups on facebook? I do that for my group training classes and always have a good turn out rate. Fliers at the gym, if they allow it- Getting business cards will help as well
    ALLMAX NUTRITION REP

*Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000) AmandaLaughlin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Is your "home gym" a globogym, or an actual home gym?
    It's an actual home gym. If you'd like to see it we have photos on our website: anchorasalutis.com
    IG: Amandalaughlinfit
    anchorasalutis.com

Personal Trainer / Bikini Competitor / Strongman Dabbler

I am the mod who knocks KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz KyleAaron has the mod powerz
    I have a home gym, too. It works. Take a look,
    https://www.facebook.com/athleticclubeast/

I wouldn't have the bikini shots of you on the site. It's not about you, it's about your clients. Nobody cares what you can do for, "oh maybe she was born that good", they care what you can do for someone else. Plus it's not inspirational to the 25kg overweight ones, it's just intimidating. Just have shots of your clients - if you have to have your shots, make it action shots, you doing something.

The more successful trainers tend to have something like a FB page where they put up pics, vids and stories of their clients. Not just before and after, but during. "Here's Jen, she started with a 40kg deadlift and is now up to 60kg, and her back no longer hurts from sitting at her desk all day." And you tag Jen in the vid so that her friends see it.

Dan John put it as, people look for three things in a gym or sports team:

1. "Don't make me look stupid"
    2. community
    3. results

The first is a tricky one, we have to remember that everyone coming to a gym thinks they'll be the fattest (or skinniest), clumsiest and most useless person there, and everyone will be looking at and making fun of them. All the "gym fail" videos on youtube don't help this - "If I go to the gym will someone film and make fun of me?" So the key is not to be intimidating. As Thomas Plummer said, if you have someone who lost 200lbs - don't talk about him! It's too much - talk about the guy who lost 20lbs.

But a FB page with vids of training sessions can help. You know those great times when several people are in there all sweating and talking and having fun? Capture that!

Community is also tricky, having small group workouts helps though. You can't have community with nothing but one on one.

Results obviously you know about. But again remember - small results are a big deal to most people. It doesn't have to be dramatic. And part of before/afters should be movement. "This was Bob's deadlift before, this is his deadlift now, we told him to - " etc.

Just some thoughts.
    "A fox has many tricks, a porcupine has only one trick - but a very good one."

athleticclubeast.com.au

Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronin4help is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AmandaLaughlin View Post
    Hi everyone! I became certified through ACE as a personal trainer and have been working with clients in their homes as well as seeing clients at my home gym. I would greatly appreciate any networking and client retention advice. I have quite a few clients right now but have experienced some client rollover (moving and budget changes) and if anyone has tips and tricks to get new clients I would love them! Thank you!
    Take your beauty, personality and knowledge on the road. You have a home gym so you are only interested in a 5 mile radius from your home. This is a localized, concentrated market. So forget fliers, TV ads, social media and these types of broader based platforms. Just do meets and greets all over town, just like your local politicians do.

Get permission from local shops (preferably food restaurants), wear something that demands attention but not too flirty and basically introduce yourself to folks who are essentially your neighbors. Give each a free week to try you out and a discounted price for joining prior to the expiration of that trial week. Talk about the benefits of your place versus a traditional gym. Spend 2-5 minutes with people talking about what you can do for them specifically and how you plan on changing their lives by teaching them proper nutrition and exercise. Your presence will sell more training packages than any flier or ad could ever do because it shows true ambition, confidence and most importantly...interest in the community.

Do this aggressively and you will be booked in a month.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Awesome thank you for the advice!

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I have a home gym, too. It works. Take a look,
    I wouldn't have the bikini shots of you on the site. It's not about you, it's about your clients. Nobody cares what you can do for, "oh maybe she was born that good", they care what you can do for someone else. Plus it's not inspirational to the 25kg overweight ones, it's just intimidating. Just have shots of your clients - if you have to have your shots, make it action shots, you doing something.

The more successful trainers tend to have something like a FB page where they put up pics, vids and stories of their clients. Not just before and after, but during. "Here's Jen, she started with a 40kg deadlift and is now up to 60kg, and her back no longer hurts from sitting at her desk all day." And you tag Jen in the vid so that her friends see it.

Dan John put it as, people look for three things in a gym or sports team:

1. "Don't make me look stupid"
    2. community
    3. results

The first is a tricky one, we have to remember that everyone coming to a gym thinks they'll be the fattest (or skinniest), clumsiest and most useless person there, and everyone will be looking at and making fun of them. All the "gym fail" videos on youtube don't help this - "If I go to the gym will someone film and make fun of me?" So the key is not to be intimidating. As Thomas Plummer said, if you have someone who lost 200lbs - don't talk about him! It's too much - talk about the guy who lost 20lbs.

But a FB page with vids of training sessions can help. You know those great times when several people are in there all sweating and talking and having fun? Capture that!

Community is also tricky, having small group workouts helps though. You can't have community with nothing but one on one.

Results obviously you know about. But again remember - small results are a big deal to most people. It doesn't have to be dramatic. And part of before/afters should be movement. "This was Bob's deadlift before, this is his deadlift now, we told him to - " etc.

Just some thoughts.
    anchorasalutis.com

I will utilize this thank you!!
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Take your beauty, personality and knowledge on the road. You have a home gym so you are only interested in a 5 mile radius from your home. This is a localized, concentrated market. So forget fliers, TV ads, social media and these types of broader based platforms. Just do meets and greets all over town, just like your local politicians do.

Get permission from local shops (preferably food restaurants), wear something that demands attention but not too flirty and basically introduce yourself to folks who are essentially your neighbors. Give each a free week to try you out and a discounted price for joining prior to the expiration of that trial week. Talk about the benefits of your place versus a traditional gym. Spend 2-5 minutes with people talking about what you can do for them specifically and how you plan on changing their lives by teaching them proper nutrition and exercise. Your presence will sell more training packages than any flier or ad could ever do because it shows true ambition, confidence and most importantly...interest in the community.

Do this aggressively and you will be booked in a month.
    anchorasalutis.com