misshershey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

In your opinion, does this seem likely for a woman to gain this much weight in a mont

I started lifting weights about a month ago. I lift 4 days a week on average for about an hour. I am also vegetarian so I don't get a ton of protein but I do try my best to eat some after each workout.

I am 25 years old and when I started out lifting, I was 118 pounds. My trainer said I was like 24-25% body fat. We measured my weight today and I was 124 pounds!!! I have never been this heavy and I am shocked and scared.

My eating habits haven't changed, although I have been A LOT hungrier since I started lifting.

Trainer said my body fat has gone down to 21.8 or 22% in the last month. I am kind not believing him... I don't feel any skinnier, nor do I look skinnier. I don't really look fatter either... I do see some definition in my arms tho. The muscle is showing a little. BUT CAN A WOMAN DROP SO MUCH BODY FAT IN A MONTH? I always heard that men do this better than women.

Anyways, I just need some advice on what is going on. I am so utterly confused and saddened that I have gotten fatter on the scale

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You likely are retaining some water from starting lifting. In addition, depending on where you are in your cycle, you could be retaining more water due to it. I would not worry about what your trainer said as far as your BF level then versus now. There are no methods that are exact enough to be able to measure that small of a change. However, I would say that your BF percentage could decrease simply due to holding onto more water, just due to simple mathematics.

25% of 118 = 29.5 lbs fat, 88.5 lbs lean

Add 6 lbs of water and you'd have 29.5 lbs fat, 94.5 lbs lean, for a total of 124 lbs. Divide 29.5 by 124 and your BF is 23.8%.