Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

20+ Week Transformation 210 to 175 @ 6% bodyfat

Hey guys, thought this was worth posting.

Been lifting for years now, but last December I got a hand injury and literally lost all my muscle. Super depressed. Weighted about 180lb skinny/fat:

Then I bulked up really quickly to try and rebuild all my old lost muscle. Got up to a super bloated/fat 210lb by April:

15 weeks into diet and "flat"

Then final shredds 20 weeks with a carb load :-D

Attached Images
    Last edited by DiamondMaker; 09-07-2017 at 06:56 PM.

DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiamondMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bicep shot
    Attached Images
    Instagram @themanofclark

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn man lookin solid.

PS - you never really looked skinnny-fat or bloated... got some good genetics on you ;o)

How tall BTW?
    Current 5x5 Goals:

OHP - 135
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 315
    Deadlift - 405

"You can't out-think common sense"

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Aesthetic as fk. As above poster said you got sick genetics. Gonna have to ask was this natty? I honestly cant see how it was, especially maintaining 6%
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Proven successful novice routines:
    Fierce 5: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
    Icecream fitness: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cosm0 View Post
    Aesthetic as fk. As above poster said you got sick genetics. Gonna have to ask was this natty? I honestly cant see how it was, especially maintaining 6%
    totally doable natty... 6'1" and 175 at about 7% bodyfat or so is attainable... but he didn't mention is was maintaining it long term.

Means he got to a FFMI of about 21.7-22... again well below the natural limit.
    Current 5x5 Goals:

OHP - 135
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 315
    Deadlift - 405

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Damn man lookin solid.

PS - you never really looked skinnny-fat or bloated... got some good genetics on you ;o)

How tall BTW?
    Thanks! I'm 6'1

Yes natural. Keep in mind I've been lifting for 14 years , 6 consecutive years where I knew what I was doing. So the photos are a bit deceiving because I spent 30 days in December on bed rest due to staph infection in my left hand (if you look closely at the photo you can see the pen marking is still around the knuckles). So the muscle I gained was the same muscle I previously had. This is also not the first time i've cut down to close to 6%, but this IS the best I've ever looked come back story!

Maintaining 6% is going okay since I'm patient and very slowly reverse dieting. My hope is just to stay under 9% all year. Just want to bring up chest and delts a little bit and I'd be happy.

The supplements I've used this diet:
    creatine
    fish oil
    vitamin D at very high doses
    caffeine at very high doses
    Hmb 3g before workout
    beta alanine 3g before workout
    Instagram @themanofclark

Originally Posted by DiamondMaker View Post
    Thanks! I'm 6'1

Yes natural. Keep in mind I've been lifting for 14 years , 6 consecutive years where I knew what I was doing. So the photos are a bit deceiving because I spent 30 days in December on bed rest due to staph infection in my left hand (if you look closely at the photo you can see the pen marking is still around the knuckles). So the muscle I gained was the same muscle I previously had. This is also not the first time i've cut down to close to 6%, but this IS the best I've ever looked come back story!

Maintaining 6% is going okay since I'm patient and very slowly reverse dieting. My hope is just to stay under 9% all year. Just want to bring up chest and delts a little bit and I'd be happy.

The supplements I've used this diet:
    creatine
    fish oil
    vitamin D at very high doses
    caffeine at very high doses
    Hmb 3g before workout
    beta alanine 3g before workout
    FYI there's no reason to stay at or below 9% dude... you'll be better performance if you stay lean but be flexible with the amount of fat gain... anything below 12% will still look very lean on you and even 15% wouldn't look fat.
    Current 5x5 Goals:

OHP - 135
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 315
    Deadlift - 405

FYI there's no reason to stay at or below 9% dude... you'll be better performance if you stay lean but be flexible with the amount of fat gain... anything below 12% will still look very lean on you and even 15% wouldn't look fat.
    I use to think that way. But I fit clothing much better, overall feel better at the lighter weight. I haven't really experienced too much low-test symptoms either.

Big reason though is that I live in southern California so ... it's always beach season :-D
    Instagram @themanofclark

cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cosm0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks! I'm 6'1

'mirin to the max. So I guess this is muscle memory in action? When you carb load, are you still eating in a calorie deficit? Im relatively new to nutrition and i've read alot of people say that messing with carbs isnt neccessary at all. So never bothered to learn what terms like reverse dieting and carb loading means. Just track macros and eat in a calorie deficit.

Once again completely in awe bro.
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Icecream fitness: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

I use to think that way. But I fit clothing much better, overall feel better at the lighter weight. I haven't really experienced too much low-test symptoms either.

Big reason though is that I live in southern California so ... it's always beach season :-D
    Maybe we're not interpreting BF% the same then... to me, if you can see abs, then you're good.

Not to mention, chicks don't care as much about this shyt as other bro's in the gym... just sayin...

Also, if you're trying to gain mass and strength at all, having ANY low-test symptoms (no matter how mild they are) is a bad, bad sign.
    Current 5x5 Goals:

OHP - 135
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 315
    Deadlift - 405

'mirin to the max. So I guess this is muscle memory in action? When you carb load, are you still eating in a calorie deficit? Im relatively new to nutrition and i've read alot of people say that messing with carbs isnt neccessary at all. So never bothered to learn what terms like reverse dieting and carb loading means. Just track macros and eat in a calorie deficit.

Once again completely in awe bro.
    Yeah the muscle gain is for sure muscle memory. No ****ing way could I build all that in 4-5 months hahaha. What sucked though was how much higher my BF got than I normally let it since I was already mid-offseason when I initially got the injury.

The carb load really only matters because of how long I was in a diet for. I'm so lean that when I don't eat much carbs I look really soft/no vascularity. Then after a big day of eating high carbs ( I think on that day it was like 500c) and lots of salt all the muscles look pumped up.

In the offseason you're kind of always carbed up?
    Instagram @themanofclark

fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great job! Do you mind talking about your bulking routine? Do you do high volume? And what did your 20 weeks of dieting include? High deficit? Were you able to maintain intensity and volume? Thanks!

Yeah the muscle gain is for sure muscle memory. No ****ing way could I build all that in 4-5 months hahaha. What sucked though was how much higher my BF got than I normally let it since I was already mid-offseason when I initially got the injury.

The carb load really only matters because of how long I was in a diet for. I'm so lean that when I don't eat much carbs I look really soft/no vascularity. Then after a big day of eating high carbs ( I think on that day it was like 500c) and lots of salt all the muscles look pumped up.

In the offseason you're kind of always carbed up?
    Do you think you would have done better lean bulking then, like coulda got that physique in a lesser time? Also interested in routine and how much your lifts went up.
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Do you think you would have done better lean bulking then, like coulda got that physique in a lesser time? Also interested in routine and how much your lifts went up.
    No, I was already 16-17% at 180. It was all restored muscle that I lost on bed rest. Essentially I did lean bulk.

Maybe we're not interpreting BF% the same then... to me, if you can see abs, then you're good.

Not to mention, chicks don't care as much about this shyt as other bro's in the gym... just sayin...

Also, if you're trying to gain mass and strength at all, having ANY low-test symptoms (no matter how mild they are) is a bad, bad sign.
    I would not be satisfied. My body will feel fine after an equal amount of time in reverse diet. So the goal is to reverse for 20 weeks very strictly, and reframe body-set point at 9% or better.

Originally Posted by fotv View Post
    Great job! Do you mind talking about your bulking routine? Do you do high volume? And what did your 20 weeks of dieting include? High deficit? Were you able to maintain intensity and volume? Thanks!
    My offseason routine and diet part were the same - just modified for energy levels as they dropped.

Workouts are about 2-3 hours in the offseason. About 3-4 hours during dieting because of cardio added.

Day 1
    light squating
    heavy deadlifting
    20 sets of back 8-12 rep range
    15 sets of arms
    grip work or abs and neck

Day 2
    heavy low bar squating
    Heavy bench pressing
    20 sets of chest/shoulders 8-12 reps
    10 sets of arms or so

Day 3
    light high bar or front squats
    Heavy deadlifting
    20 sets of back low rep range
    12+ sets of biceps
    10 sets of grip work

Day 4
    heavy low bar equating
    moderate bench pressing
    20 sets of chest/shoulders 10+ reps
    12 sets of arms or so

Day 5 - rest

Day 6
    light squating
    sumo deadlifting
    20 sets of back 8-12 rep range
    15 sets of arms
    grip work
    neck

Day 7 (only 90 minute workout)
    heavy overhead press
    light bench pressing
    extra tricep work

Best offseason lifts:
    300 bench
    565 deadlift conventional
    430 squat low bar / 405 high bar

This year I'll be focused more on bringing up the chest/delts/arms. My back and lower body is way a head.
    Instagram @themanofclark

Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000) Teux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very impressive, what kind of deficit during the cut?

sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000) sm1ke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My back and lower body is way a head.
    I would think so, given how often you deadlift and squat lol! Mirin that recovery.
    "Be who you needed when you were younger."
    Hard at work, but ready and willing to learn.
    Workout Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174232181
    Current Supp Log: Thermal XTC and Carnibolic - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174548491
    2017 Fallen but not Forgotten Crew :(
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    **** great job man def an incredible physique and clearly your hard work has more then paid off!
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Originally Posted by Teux View Post
    Very impressive, what kind of deficit during the cut?
    I'm going to say I started off going from like 375c 260p 75f (offseason) to initially starting my diet at like 300c 260p 50f, and then every week I just chipped away at it. I didn't add in a higher calorie day for about the first 10 weeks or so.

Now I'm down to a weekly average macro of 225c 260p 33f, but it's broken up into 3 higher days of 300-330c/260p/33f and 4 low days of 170c/260p/33f.

Around the 15th week marker I was really struggling to get more weight off until I started doing some weird stuff like multiple refeed days in a row. I would say from about week 16-19 I was doing 4 low days in a row at 175c/260p/30f and then 3 high days in a row at 500c/200p/45f. Believe it or not that actually worked really well.

I slowly upped cardio also, starting with just 2 short hiit sessions, and now I'm up to 3x long hiit sessions ,3x 45+minute miss sessions and an additional tracking of 10,000 steps a day. I found the step counting at the very end to help a ****load - that's what eventually got the fat off my glute/hamstring area.

Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I would think so, given how often you deadlift and squat lol! Mirin that recovery.
    It's so weird man, for years I did like 1-2 times a week. Then I did 2-3 times for a while - and then last year I upped it to 5 times a week at one point. Believe it or not the more I did the bigger and stronger my legs got. Now I'm excited to see if the same will work for my upper body.

Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    **** great job man def an incredible physique and clearly your hard work has more then paid off!
    Thanks man! I'm still trying to get better!!!
    Instagram @themanofclark

Going to extend the diet another 2 weeks. Thinking I can get that next level 5-6% leanness.

Will keep this thread updated.
    Attached Images
    Instagram @themanofclark

1lb down, but kinda flat - veins are hiding

Attached Images
    Last edited by DiamondMaker; 09-11-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    Instagram @themanofclark

Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500) Dirtylocks is not very helpful. (-500)
    What injuries did you have opie?

Also, truly you made it. Congrats mutha ****a

Originally Posted by Dirtylocks View Post
    What injuries did you have opie?

Also, truly you made it. Congrats mutha ****a
    Thanks man. I've had pretty minor stuff here and there, nothing like a full tear but the ones that did change up my training for a while were :

2014- left labrum partial tear , only as of 2017 was I able to start OHP again
    2016- left hamstring pain/issue, may have been related to SI joint issues
    Instagram @themanofclark

another 1lb down

First pic pre-workout, 2nd is at the end with a pump :-D :-D

Attached Images
    Instagram @themanofclark

Decided to start my reverse diet. Mentally was having some issues just functioning day to day.
    Thanks for the support guys, here is my last pic before increasing calories.

Instagram @themanofclark

BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BloodFlame91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow OP, that's quite the transformation. Congratulations, you look great
    "Do you get the gist of the song now?"