timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Filling out with fats vs carbs?

I'm just wondering for opinions on whether you can fill-out prior to a show on a combination of fats and carbs? The conventional wisdom seems to be focusing on carbs and the primary source, but if you are in a depleted state, is there any harm fat-loading or at least eating a combo of fats and carbs, as opposed to just eating lots of carbs?
    Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/timothyjay_fitness/

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The reason for the carbs in filling out is partially due to the fact that carbs hold water so it will swell you a bit. When you look flat it has a lot to do with your body holding less water with the carb depletion .

Carb cycling is a very individual thing as everyone's body reacts slightly different to it.
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good question!
    As mentioned above carbs do hold water and are turned into glycogen and stored in the muscle for use when needed.
    Im not sure if the same could be said of fat.
    While fat can be used as energy i don't think it would be stored in the muscle tissue is carbs are available rather in fat cells.
    I could be wrong and am not positive on that.
    The one thing fat will do is leave you feeling satisfied hunger wise.

What you mention would be a good self experiment to see what happens.
    I would be interested to hear about it if you try fat loading.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by timhet View Post
    I'm just wondering for opinions on whether you can fill-out prior to a show on a combination of fats and carbs?
    Yes you can use a combo of both and fill out just fine.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by timhet View Post
    I'm just wondering for opinions on whether you can fill-out prior to a show on a combination of fats and carbs? The conventional wisdom seems to be focusing on carbs and the primary source, but if you are in a depleted state, is there any harm fat-loading or at least eating a combo of fats and carbs, as opposed to just eating lots of carbs?
    you can use both generally carbs work better as they hydrate the muscle better. To make sure you dont spillover I would suggest doing more frequent feedings to fill out( a specific meal plan your last week).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class