ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Opinions on PT offer from owner at my gym

So some background, I've trained at this gym for 6+ years now and have developed a good relationship with the gym owner. It's a 24/7 keycard gym and the gym owner works full time as a school teacher so is rarely at the gym himself (about once a week). He has one PT right now and I spoke to her about how he runs the PT before contacting him, and after contacting him he told me the same information she provided.

-Independent contractor
    -Track appts and pay gym 25% of fees at the end of month
    -Certification, CRP/AED, personal training insurance with gym listed as additional insurance req'd
    -1099 tax form required as well

Some side info, I'm pretty well known locally for powerlifting and will gear my training towards strength, size, as well as powerlifting. Obviously I won't turn anyone away if they have other goals. Building clientele shouldn't be much of a problem. However, this gym is the only one in my city with powerlifting specific equipment such as a monolift, competition benches, squat bar, deadlift bar, bands etc...

I also work a full time job with 12 hour shifts 3 or 4 days a week and then have 3 or 4 days off a week where I would be able to take clients. So training will be somewhat limited to those 3 or 4 days off a week that I do have. I guess my main question is in regards to the 25% fee and if that is about the standard, and also the required tax form and how much that will/could bite me in the ass. Depending on how successful and quickly clientele build up I may want to pursue this full time but as of now I want to just use my off days as days to train. So anyone well versed in the business feel free to give your opinion on the offer above. I haven't gotten back to the owner yet and just received this today so just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks a lot!
    780/425/805
    2000 total @ 242

-Sub: youtube.com/user/coolpapa148
    -instagram: sheridanstrength

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    In percentage-based gyms, around 50% is more common, so that's alright.

The other questions are US or even state-based so I don't know.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A 1099 is standard for ICs. This means the gym does not withhold any of your taxes. They will pay you a gross amount which will be the net value from which you must determine for yourself what you local, state and fed tax percentages will be.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    In percentage-based gyms, around 50% is more common, so that's alright.

The other questions are US or even state-based so I don't know.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    A 1099 is standard for ICs. This means the gym does not withhold any of your taxes. They will pay you a gross amount which will be the net value from which you must determine for yourself what you local, state and fed tax percentages will be.
    Thank you guys for the info. Sounds like this is a pretty fair offer!
    780/425/805
    2000 total @ 242

-Sub: youtube.com/user/coolpapa148
    -instagram: sheridanstrength

draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) draybin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I doubt anywhere else will take anything less than 25%. Thats actually a really good percentage for you, as most gyms are going to take 50-60%!! The 1099 is kind of a pain, because you will not be withheld taxes, you will have to pay all of your taxes on your training at once, so you have to keep that in mind when you are getting paid, but the opportunity still seems very worth it.
    ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    NASM CPT, CES, FNS
    Hire me as your Online Personal Trainer!
    Visit www.InsaneAthlete.net
    twitter.com/insaneathlete - Follow us, we'll follow back!
    Youtube.com/insaneathletenet - Subscribe!