ryanhuk9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Intermittent fasting gone bad

I used to be quite overweight at 320lbs (6ft 4", 16 years old at the time). I lost a lot of weight and got down to 230 lbs by dieting and exercising alone. This was mainly "completed" within a year. I then graduated from high school and gained a lot of weight over the summer (40 lbs). When I started college I was quite depressed about my weight and so I started to eat less and less, day by day. Eventually I restricted myself so much that I would sometimes eat a can a soup every other day. I lost a lot of weight over the course of 6-8 months (from 270 to 190).

I got in a small accident which ultimately helped me stop starving myself but I gained some weight in the process (I got back up to 210). This is where intermittent fasting came into play. I would not eat for 16-20 hrs a day and then would eat like crazy during the allotted feeding window. I saw some results in the beginning but ultimately led me to binge eat quite often. I stopped intermittent fasting but was in the habit of eating huge meals which is why I believe I am at where I am at today.

I never thought I would ever purge myself of food but after my binging episodes I was back up to 230 lbs again. I exercise quite excessively by biking for a few hours every other day combined with running on my biking off-days. I started purging thinking I would be able to loose weight really fast. This wasn't the case (in terms of rapid weight loss). I am loosing weight as of now (currently below 205) but I am scared to continue purging. It's such a habit at this point and don't know how to kick it.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seek professional, in person help from a licensed doctor/therapist. No one here can help you.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

ryanhuk9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you, I know that. Nobody knows about my issues which is why I thought posting on here would be a positive first step.

Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off, label your disorder (correctly), and I mean this respectfully. It's a (control related- aka classic addictive behavior) eating disorder, anorexia, bulimia. Be careful not to inadvertently mesh it with a positive nutritional strategy like IF. IF did not cause it, your pathological need to assert control did. You forged a pleasurable neural pathway from your hindbrain to your frontal cortex and vice-versa, through excessive stimulation of dopamine, glutamine, and corticotropin releasing hormone. IF need not be brought into the conversation really.

Do get professional help, it gets better, but only if you work it.
    the pump is the cure
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agreed with advice provided.

You should get assessed by someone who specializes in ED's to get at the root cause and develop a strategy to avoid such behavior.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    seek professional, in person help from a licensed doctor/therapist. No one here can help you.
    this^
    Height: 5'6"/167cm
    Starting Weight: 190lb/86kg
    Current Weight: ?

My Experiences/Obstacles: Epilepsy, brain surgery, pacemaker, insulin resistance, reactive hypoglycemia, IBS, hypothyroid

"Every struggle is not a threat but an opportunity; a chance to grow and persevere. Do NOT let your struggles become your enemies."