skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Bulked from 130 lbs to 145 lbs but have visceral belly fat. Continue or Cut?

Hey guys,

Stats:
    Height: 5 ft 8 inches (173 cm)
    Weight: 145 lbs
    Weight Before Bulk: 130 lbs

I bulked from 130 lbs to 145 lbs and have gained muscle and improved all lifts. However, I recently noticed the belly fat that I have (was there even before the bulk). The kind of belly fat I have is kind of weird. I cannot pinch it. Its hard fat. I think its intra-abdominal or visceral belly fat which is supposed to be bad for health.

I am wondering if I should go on a cut or continue bulking? Is there a way to reduce this belly fat while on the bulk by incorporating some cardio (HIIT) into my week? I have read cardio can help blood flow to the visceral fat areas.

My main concern is that if I continue bulking to 160 lbs and then start my cut, it will be very hard to lose the belly fat. Any advice on how to continue is appreciated.

Pics attached.

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers
    Last edited by skolari; 09-04-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Beating Average Genetics R4z0rEdge's Avatar
    R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50) R4z0rEdge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This would probably be better off posted in the Losing Fat forum.

Don't bulk - you are not lean enough.

The fat type doesn't matter so don't get overly concerned about that - a caloric deficit will burn it off.

You will not be able to lose that fat while bulking (it's simply not possible in a caloric surplus). Go to the Nutrition forum and use the stickies to calculate your macros. Aim for the "Fat Loss" calories provided.

Once you are somewhere around 8-12% bodyfat then you can bulk. Take monthly progress pictures and compare yourself to these until you look similar, then you can start your bulk - https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...1d5ceefd77b3-c
    - Maxing out my genetic potential with science ;-) -

My blog - https://thephysiquelifestyle.com/

skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10) skolari is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by R4z0rEdge View Post

The fat type doesn't matter so don't get overly concerned about that - a caloric deficit will burn it off.

You will not be able to lose that fat while bulking (it's simply not possible in a caloric surplus). Go to the Nutrition forum and use the stickies to calculate your macros. Aim for the "Fat Loss" calories provided.

Once you are somewhere around 8-12% bodyfat then you can bulk. Take monthly progress pictures and compare yourself to these until you look similar, then you can start your bulk -
    Thanks, I don't have enough muscle mass to cut, that's the only thing preventing me from going on a cut. 145 lbs for my height is still skinny. Does this factor at all on whether I should continue bulking or cut?

DavidxLight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont cut on such a low weight, just lean bulk 10% caloric surplus and check body fat every 5 pounds or so.

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by R4z0rEdge View Post

Once you are somewhere around 8-12% bodyfat then you can bulk. Take monthly progress pictures and compare yourself to these until you look similar, then you can start your bulk - https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...1d5ceefd77b3-c
    Sorry but this is terrible advice. You don't need to be down as low as ~10% bodyfat to bulk, particularly as a beginner with very little muscle mass.

I think you'd be totally fine doing a slow bulk at your current composition, and then cutting later on once you've built up at least a base level of muscle.

Cutting now is just going to make you look really skinny, and simply isn't necessary at your current bodyfat.
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheGymJim View Post
    Sorry but this is terrible advice. You don't need to be down as low as ~10% bodyfat to bulk, particularly as a beginner with very little muscle mass.

I think you'd be totally fine doing a slow bulk at your current composition, and then cutting later on once you've built up at least a base level of muscle.

Cutting now is just going to make you look really skinny, and simply isn't necessary at your current bodyfat.

I agree, I think most people are scared of gaining weight so when they see a little fat, they want to cut down immediately. Continue your bulk OP, your you're biggest critic.
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pain Zone View Post
    I agree, I think most people are scared of gaining weight so when they see a little fat, they want to cut down immediately. Continue your bulk OP, your you're biggest critic.
    This OP ^^, don't worry about fat so much. There's a hell of a lot fatter people getting by quite fine.

Pain Zone that just killed my brain reading lol
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

LiamChecks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man,

Just lean bulk. Take it slow and progress on your lifts more and more. There's no point cutting at your stage.

P.S: how did you attach images with only a 10 post count?

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you don't have anything to cut down to TBH. continue lean bulking at around 2 lb a month to around 155-160 then you can start cutting. It won't be that hard to lose 10-15 lbs.

Originally Posted by LiamChecks View Post
    Hey man,

Just lean bulk. Take it slow and progress on your lifts more and more. There's no point cutting at your stage.

P.S: how did you attach images with only a 10 post count?
    No idea. It didn't prevent me.

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    you don't have anything to cut down to TBH. continue lean bulking at around 2 lb a month to around 155-160 then you can start cutting. It won't be that hard to lose 10-15 lbs.
    So bulk to around 160 and then cut back to 145?

Thanks for the replies everyone! Will continue the bulk

mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrlank101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skolari View Post
    No idea. It didn't prevent me.

So bulk to around 160 and then cut back to 145?

Thanks for the replies everyone! Will continue the bulk
    Keep bulking!! it's the only way