AKA "The Ntimid8tor" superman101's Avatar
    superman101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

while still sore, should one lift?

I work each bodypart twice a week, or so I was going to. I hit my chest on thursday and I was going to hit it again today, but I am still just a tiny bit sore?

Should I go ahead and workout or wait another day to allow the soreness to go away? Or even though the soreness has gone, I have not fully recoverd?

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i would wait for the soreness to go away
    stretch and warm up adequately if and when u decide to train again
    peace
    j

Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50) Technique will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^ you could do that...

but if your not sore to the point its bothering you in your lifts for that day, you can lift
    Live to surf.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by jhov
    i would wait for the soreness to go away
    stretch and warm up adequately if and when u decide to train again
    peace
    j
    bump....

Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krayzyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea I wouldnt recommend training any body part if its still sore. Your muscle is still repairing itself if its still sore, so chances are your not going to train as hard as you would if you were healed completely. Training every muscle twice a week, that sounds like too much for me. I think that traning everything once a week is all you need to do for gains, more than that is overdoing it. Unless your on prohoromones or steroids your body cant keep up with all that muscle repair. Thats just my opinion. Jc

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Technique
    ^^ you could do that...

but if your not sore to the point its bothering you in your lifts for that day, you can lift
    Bump.
    I always train through soreness as long as it's not horrible DOMS.
    Has worked for me.
    And Bryan H. (HST) and Matt R.(DFHT) say to do so.
    As long as it isn't disproved I'll keep on doing it.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

Future WWE Champion The Apocalypse's Avatar
    The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Krayzyboy
    Yea I wouldnt recommend training any body part if its still sore. Your muscle is still repairing itself if its still sore, so chances are your not going to train as hard as you would if you were healed completely. Training every muscle twice a week, that sounds like too much for me. I think that traning everything once a week is all you need to do for gains, more than that is overdoing it. Unless your on prohoromones or steroids your body cant keep up with all that muscle repair. Thats just my opinion. Jc
    I agree with you 100%. My chest as well as other muscle is usually really sore for 2-3 days following the workout(this is while eating 6-8 meals a day, with 8-10 hours a sleep per night), so I'd find it really tough to train twice a week each muscle. Plus, I train 4 days a week and it's hard enough to get every muscle worked trained once, much less twice. But whatever works for you.

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Technique
    ^^ you could do that...

Yep, as long as it's not a painfull soreness there's no problem with hitting it again.

Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it matters how sore u are. if its sore enough that it will hurt your gains then dont lift but if its not alot then just go through the pain. but bump to whoever said to stretch cause thats very important. also maybe your diet or sleep isnt how a bodybuilders should be so look into those factors to

AKA "The Ntimid8tor" superman101's Avatar
    superman101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What if you are sore 2-3 days after and then your not. Is that muscle still building up? And exactly how would oyu know that your muscle is still building? When you go in the weight room and try to work out again and you cant achieve the same intensity and same lifts as the previous?

Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amurzing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if the soreness is that much of a problem u should take off because imo it shouldnt be affecting your lifts just maybe youll go through alittle more pain. are u taking any supplements for recovery right now because that can help to. im taking protein powder and glutamine and they are helping with my recovery time. make sure your getting atleast 8hours of sleep and good nutrition as well. good luck buddy