Tobbe123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain in my left knee. Feeling discouraged.

So I started working out a month ago after a long period of being lazy and having a break. But now I have worked out for about a month every second day. I have finally gotten some mass back, gotten a bit bigger and I feel stronger.

Just after a month now I have started to feel pain in my left knee joint. I do not know why. I do not do squats, but I do deadlifts and leg press. I am super focused and responsible in the gym to not lift too much weight and to do it safely with good form. But for some ****ing reason my left knee hurts now. I feel discouraged to try getting in shape. Even when I work the hardest I can to get in shape, my body breaks. I am 24 years old if you wonder. I can extend the leg fully but get some pain and stiffness the last few inches before it is fully extended.

Can any relate to this frustration? Do you have any encouragement to not give up although I try so hard? How long should I rest my knee before I go back to leg press and deadlift, one week, two weeks, three weeks?

Thanks a lot.
    I am grateful for any advice and encouragement. Have a nice weekend.

HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelpAHusband will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Tobbe,

I have a similar issue with my knee. It flares up if I go on a long run.

The first thing you have to do is get in tune with your body. Understand what makes the knee hurt. It doesnt mean you can no longer excercise, it just means that after you do those excercises you will need to lighten up on your knee.

The next thing is to find excercises that have minimal or no impact on your knee. You might have to let your legs go for a bit, and just focus on your arms etc.

Don't give up mate.

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would get random soreness or stitches in my body when I was trying to max out weight.
    Usually, I would then move to low/no impact exercises, I found swimming really helped and stretching to try and improve flexibility.

Some weeks I would drop down and do low weight but just for some more volume, seems like the pain would go away eventually with nothing major coming of it.

Just my .02!
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8