Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)

Reps Direct Football Bar Review

I figured this bar deserved some recognition on the boards with its own thread, I received my FBB from Reps Direct on Thursday of last week and just took it for test drive today!

At first glance and feel, I knew the bar was quality from the zinc plated sleeves to the knurling on the flat black powder coat, the sleeves rotate nicely and it even has bar shaft condoms on it (As Urban duly pointed out lol) which protects the bar against any contact points with the J-hooks when un-racking and re-racking, or anything else for that matter.

http://imgur.com/fOC8mNw

http://imgur.com/FduSxlI

http://imgur.com/05F8jS7

http://imgur.com/B4xAOXS

http://imgur.com/zDQMsu3

http://imgur.com/QPZ3W2A

I benched with it today and let me just say that it feels great to bench with and really gives the pecs and tris something to think about, in fact you gotta be honest and modest with the weight you use when first handling the FBB as I observed...I was more modest with the weight on the bar than I'm comfortable mentioning to the boards hahaha just joking, but it certainly does keep your ego in check at first run (as I assume some of the owners of this bar can attest to it).

I'm extremely impressed with the zinc sleeves as I slid each plate on and off with the only chaffing coming off from the plates on my Troy GOs which I simply wiped away...I could swear I heard the sleeves confidently laugh at my plates when this happened to them! Hahaha.

The bar shaft condoms rock on the FBB and while I do have UHMW on my J-hooks and safeties, I find that it's not only extra reassurance of the bar staying pristine, but also they appear to have a double benefit of gliding the bar with ease to get ready for un-rack, or evening the bar out on the hooks (not sure how long these will last, but seem plenty strong for now)...I don't really do scrape the rack presses, but I'm sure these would glide smoothly while protecting for those.

On to the benching, with this bar I can definitely confirm that I feel less shoulders stress in the movements (I'm sure there's some, but it feels pretty good). The chest and tris as mentioned get hit real good with this bar (especially chest wide grip, chest/tris middle grip and tris narrow grip)...I can't wait to try the FBB for OHPs and barbell rows which will be coming up soon and I'll update here.

All in all I like this bar and will be taking it for a slight deload, work up and grow with it...definitely etched its name as an ally in the arsenal of bars, now on with some additional pics of the bar in the rack (I'll take some additional pics of the bar loaded with plates next time)...

http://imgur.com/VrkL6qf

http://imgur.com/kGHwMtU

http://imgur.com/ihUIgDa

Based on the quality and versatility of the Football Bar and Back Bar Pro, I can confidently confirm that I'm a Reps Direct shill from here on out!
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 08-30-2017 at 05:51 PM.

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been liking by Edge Fitness Combo Bar so far but I'll be damned if this bar doesn't look professional. Are the sleeves rotating or no?
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IronAbrams, yes they are.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post
    I've been liking by Edge Fitness Combo Bar so far but I'll be damned if this bar doesn't look professional. Are the sleeves rotating or no?
    Funny, I was looking at the exact same bar and have reconsidered since seeing this one too.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You guys should stand in the line.

I was debating between T-Grip and Edge one but then after seeing this and also fact that you can customize the length to standard 84" length and option of making it 45lbs with 84" or you can live with may be 40 lbs (don't know need confirmation) , sealed the deal.

DVO,

Sleeves are smooth right ?

List

1. Crepsnick SSB and then this after trimming my current bar inventory which I think I have too many Oly bars. Need to diversify into speciality bars.
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great review by the way. Appreciate your being the guinea pig!
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Vhd16, Yes and yes to both smooth sleeves and smooth rotation of sleeves! Not sure on if the bar will weigh 40 lbs if you have it cut down to 84" (assuming you exclude the extra welding in the grips to compensate 45 lbs), but I can ask them for you.

C123C, Thanks and no problem...Self proclaimed gear hound indeed and glad to help!

Update, worked out again with the FBB today and wanted to note that the pressure to maintain proper grip balance at the narrow angled grips on bench is no joke with the FBB, but it trashes the tris in the best way possible at those positions and all in one bar!

On to barbell rows with the FBB, in my opinion they feel GREAT with this bar...but you have to be mindful not to bang your knees with the bar cause of the frame being wider (as I'm sure the crowd with the boxed version of the Football bars and Swiss bars who row with it would mention too), not a big issue once you get used to it and it doesn't take long to realize where to row from with it. Just an observation, but I find setting up feet placement to be even simpler with the FBB on barbell rows cause the angled handles are spaced in a way where you can conveniently see your feet through the bar (Sounds insane I know and I can already hear the board members saying "Ah c'mon DVO, you're puttin' me on!" But what I claim is true! Hahaha).

Next up the adventure of OHPs with the FBB!
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-05-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Back to the boards with FBB OHPs, this bar is the ticket for OHPs and feels perfect on the shoulders (for me particularly the wide angled grips are extremely comfortable and I get a lot of drive out of them when locking out). I tried every angle for each set and think the wide angles and mid angles are the best on OHP personally, narrow angles are pretty decent too and still work, but I prefer them when I went wide, mid, then narrow on bench and barbell rows the most.

A double benefit I see potential in for the narrow angles is for front squats, the grip angle and frame of the bar seem to lay perfectly for this movement (I haven't tried them yet with this bar, but I might give it a go and test it out).

Next on the list I might try some FBB curls and triceps extensions, or skullcrushers with it and update this thread with my review of those.

Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the report.
    I was curious how it works for OHP.
    Do you think having one set of grips straight instead of angled would be better for OHP at the top?

Oxidated, personally I feel that the angled grips don't take anything away from the top of the movement, plus you get the added benefit of switching, or supersetting inward and outward with the angles.

If you feel you want neutral though you can always test OHP with dumbbells, or a rackable trap bar and see how it feels for you, in fact Reps Direct can actually make the FBB with neutral grips too, or one set of neutral if desired, PM me for more info if interested in the bar and I'll ask the shop for you.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 09-08-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, mate.
    I'm actually going to fabricate something very similar.
    I'm more interested in Rep's Arm Bar because my room has a slanted ceiling and I can't press a full barbell on one side.

Bumping this thread, took a quick vid of the spin on the sleeves. Nothing too excessive...

http://imgur.com/a/uCx4F30

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Bumping this thread, took a quick vid of the spin on the sleeves. Nothing too excessive...

http://imgur.com/a/uCx4F30
    Thanks. Repped.

Looks like very little spin, which is a good thing for my purposes. It looks like Elite no longer carries it (disappeared from their website) or maybe the bar is no longer being made.