Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What is the Clear choice for a FID Bench These Days?

Just as the title states.

I moved to a new place and have the space for a power rack and FID bench. With a budget of $400, what FID bench on the current market is the unanimous winner?

For my personal use only, but I do value commercial/heavy duty quality.

I see the Ironmaster Super Bench mentioned a lot...is that the winner?

gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gocubs418 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hockeyplayer45 View Post
    Just as the title states.

I moved to a new place and have the space for a power rack and FID bench. With a budget of $400, what FID bench on the current market is the unanimous winner?

For my personal use only, but I do value commercial/heavy duty quality.

I see the Ironmaster Super Bench mentioned a lot...is that the winner?
    https://www.repfitness.com/rep-fid-adjustable-bench

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what FID bench on the current market is the unanimous winner?
    There is no 'unanimous' winner. It will largely depend on your body type (height specifically), whether you REALLY need decline, do you prefer a wide/narrow pad (10, 11, or 12"), and the level of your current lifting abilities. The REP is highly recommended by most and I'm sure would serve you well, but the Ironmaster likely trumps it in several categories depending on what matters most to you. Craigslist, eBay, and Gov Deals are your friends for commercial gems. Then depending on whether you wan't some extra left over you may consider either a good flat (Titan, Valor, GetRXD, ect) or FI bench (like the AB-3100) so that you can invest the extra money into some accessories (belts, straps, wraps, shoes, rack goodies, ect). There is no easy answer when you ask equipment junkies, best of luck and happy lifting!

Some to consider sub $400: REP FID, Ironmaster, Bodycraft F320, CFF Flat Inline/Decline, Body Solid Pro ClubLine SFID325 ($320 Refurbed)

Wild Card (Is this NEW?): CAP appears to have a beefier clone of the Legend 3103 bench now, $399 @ 11 gauge 3x3 steel and it even weighs 95lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M09W9DE?psc=1
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    This or a used commercial bench is your best option with your budget.
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #33 [M]===[6]

DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000) DongCorleone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I definitely recommend this bench. I don't think you can buy anything new at this price point that is comparable in terms of quality.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DongCorleone View Post
    I don't think you can buy anything new at this price point that is comparable in terms of quality.
    Pretty much every bench I named above is either = or > in terms of quality, and I can directly confirm Bodycraft and Ironmaster both have better padding than REP since it's the same thing they use on the AB-3100. If the finish on the frame is similar to the FID as well, then the F320 and IM destroy REP in that regard also. Not to say they are more functional or better benches for his intended use, every bench has a drawback that could rule it out for any specific individual.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    There is no 'unanimous' winner. It will largely depend on your body type (height specifically), whether you REALLY need decline, do you prefer a wide/narrow pad (10, 11, or 12"), and the level of your current lifting abilities. The REP is highly recommended by most and I'm sure would serve you well, but the Ironmaster likely trumps it in several categories depending on what matters most to you. Craigslist, eBay, and Gov Deals are your friends for commercial gems. Then depending on whether you wan't some extra left over you may consider either a good flat (Titan, Valor, GetRXD, ect) or FI bench (like the AB-3100) so that you can invest the extra money into some accessories (belts, straps, wraps, shoes, rack goodies, ect). There is no easy answer when you ask equipment junkies, best of luck and happy lifting!

Some to consider sub $400: REP FID, Ironmaster, Bodycraft F320, CFF Flat Inline/Decline, Body Solid Pro ClubLine SFID325 ($320 Refurbed)

Wild Card (Is this NEW?): CAP appears to have a beefier clone of the Legend 3103 bench now, $399 @ 11 gauge 3x3 steel and it even weighs 95lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M09W9DE?psc=1
    i've seen CAP's non commercial version of this bench and the thing sucks. i would not place much faith in this one.

OP do you really need decline function?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As others have stated, if you are willing to look at just flat/incline (no decline) then you will have significantly more options; including used commercial-grade benches which are generally the best bet.

Another question that could help with recommendations - are you open to used equipment or just looking for new?

The CFF FID bench might be one worth considering if you decide that decline is important to you. It is $335 shipped: https://christiansfitnessfactory.com...ine-bench.html
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman & Former NAS National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Facebook | www.facebook.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs
    Instagram | http://instagram.com/tmutaffis
    Website | http://mutaffis.wordpress.com

hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    i've seen CAP's non commercial version of this bench and the thing sucks. i would not place much faith in this one.

OP do you really need decline function?
    No, decline is not 100% necessary. Flat and incline will be used significantly more than decline. I can get by without decline.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You may want to look at the York Barbell 54027 Flat/Incline bench (around $350 shipped).

ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman & Former NAS National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Facebook | www.facebook.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs
    Instagram | http://instagram.com/tmutaffis
    Website | http://mutaffis.wordpress.com

MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxHandley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, decline is not 100% necessary. Flat and incline will be used significantly more than decline. I can get by without decline.
    Since you can live without decline the Rep AB-3100 is probably your best option for the money:

https://www.repfitness.com/strength-...justable-bench

If your budget was higher I would recommend the Rogue Adjustable 2.0: https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-adjustable-bench-2-0

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I took a closer look at the pictures on Amazon of the new CAP. MAN, that thing actually looks legit! The only major difference I see is that the frame isn't fully welded, and the padding is smooth instead of having that Legend texture. Which if I'm being honest was not a high point for the Legend bench, the 3103 has a BEAUTIFUL high quality commercial frame but the padding was only a marginal step up from residential padding IMO.Maybe someday we will see one surface here, would be an interesting option for those considering a Legendary purchase.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MaxHandley View Post
    Since you can live without decline the Rep AB-3100 is probably your best option for the money:

If your budget was higher I would recommend the Rogue Adjustable 2.0: https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-adjustable-bench-2-0
    This is my thinking too. The York bench above looks pretty solid for $350. I think if you have the rest of your gym sorted out and don't need to upgrade much, i'd go with the York bench new. otherwise go with the REP bench and pocket the savings to go towards a used commercial bench.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I took a closer look at the pictures on Amazon of the new CAP. MAN, that thing actually looks legit! The only major difference I see is that the frame isn't fully welded, and the padding is smooth instead of having that Legend texture. Which if I'm being honest was not a high point for the Legend bench, the 3103 has a BEAUTIFUL high quality commercial frame but the padding was only a marginal step up from residential padding IMO.Maybe someday we will see one surface here, would be an interesting option for those considering a Legendary purchase.
    i'd have to see the CAP bench in person. i will not underestimate the cost cutting measures they're willing to take. for that kind of money, i think i'd rather go with the York that Mutaffis recommended.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that rep FID bench gets solid reviews everywhere, and I'm starting to wonder if I should have it instead of a flat bench.
    hmm...

what would be the reasons why flat would be preferable to a FID other than budget?

EDIT: nvm. It seems that there are two versions of adjustable Rep benches. Only the cheaper version has the dimensions I would want (17" height)

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MaxHandley View Post

IMO, its best to stay away from the Rep ab3100 until they fix some of the issues, which Duke said is in the works with version 2...especially the pads smashing together on incline positions. as it is made right now, id not pay $100 for it. If I were to give my money to Rep, it would be for the FID.

I found a like new Rogue Adjustable 2.0 for $400. Having used it for a month, when i go back to the Ironmaster bench ive loved for so many years, its faults are really apparent...mainly that its too tall and the padding is kind of mushy.

That "commercial" CAP could be interesting. the specs look legit, but if the engineering and production arent up to snuff, specs dont mater. OP, you want to take one for the team and try that one?
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pbk3jg0 View Post
    that rep FID bench gets solid reviews everywhere, and I'm starting to wonder if I should have it instead of a flat bench.
    hmm...

what would be the reasons why flat would be preferable to a FID other than budget?

EDIT: nvm. It seems that there are two versions of adjustable Rep benches. Only the cheaper version has the dimensions I would want (17" height)
    even if the height were 17", many FID benches have the wider seat and/or some kind of leg hold down. These things are fine when doing decline work, but quite annoying when doing anything else, especially dumbbell work.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the rep bench. It's ok, not great. That CAP legend clone looks super legit. If it were a few bucks cheaper it'd be a real contender. They are definitely trying lately to rebuild their brand image. Makes sense with the wild success they've had with their bars.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M09W9DE
    * Pad is 10¼ inches wide, and height from floor in horizontal position is 18 inches.

$50 less on their website:

$350 +free shipping
    http://wfathleticsupply.com/cap-7-po...h-with-wheels/

I doubt it is better than the legend, and I don't think you liked the legend
    (the chrome and paint look cheap when compared to the legend)

$659 +shipping on the same website
    http://wfathleticsupply.com/legend-f...utility-bench/

Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    * Pad is 10¼ inches wide, and height from floor in horizontal position is 18 inches.

I doubt it is better than the legend, and I don't think you liked the legend
    (the chrome and paint look cheap when compared to the legend)
    I think you may have misunderstood my post (based on the second statement above). I was not saying it was beefier than the 3103, I was saying it was a beefier version of the cheaper CAP clone. The Legend 3103 has 10" width on the padding and is 18 inches tall, not sure what you are trying to point out there since the CAP is pretty much the same specs. As for the Legend bench it's not that I disliked it, it's a great DB bench, but if I can only own one bench it's not the one for me personally.

Edit: WOW, just now looking at the link Jormone posted. $349 shipped for the CAP, interdasting....LOL

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you may have misunderstood my post (based on the second statement above). I was not saying it was beefier than the 3103, I was saying it was a beefier version of the cheaper CAP clone. The Legend 3103 has 10" width on the padding and is 18 inches tall, not sure what you are trying to point out there since the CAP is pretty much the same specs. As for the Legend bench it's not that I disliked it, it's a great DB bench, but if I can only own one bench it's not the one for me personally.

Edit: WOW, just now looking at the link Jormone posted. $349 shipped for the CAP, interdasting....LOL
    I didn't think you were saying it was beefier than the Legend. ( I meant "better" in the sense of better dimensions... )

I couldn't remember why you sold your Legend benches. I thought it might be the height (18" too high for flat benching?) or the narrow pad? Therefore I just wanted to point out that this one has the same dimensions. I personally can't see any downside to this bench style with 17" height or 11"+ wide pads but CAP seems to be making direct copies rather than improvements (the CAP+ flat bench is 19" high just like the Legend).

Perhaps you wanted firmer or nicer pads? Are you tempted by the "densely padded 3 inches thick" pads advertised by this one? A full review would be welcome if you are

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I remember correctly, its been a few years since I ordered my 3103, but I spoke with Chritian at Legend and mentioned I was a member here and he gave me a BIG discount on mine. I think I paid $475 plus about $150 shipping, so just a little over $600 shipped. I am sure that the Better commercial Cap at $400 is a good bench but my 3103 is as flawless as it was the day I got it and $150, even $200 more its a lifetime bench... Though I know Urban isn't a huge fan, I think thats partly because he just isn't a pop pin guy, so not totally benches fault

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Last edited by AttyGuy; 08-31-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    I didn't think you were saying it was beefier than the Legend. ( I meant "better" in the sense of better dimensions... )

I couldn't remember why you sold your Legend benches. I thought it might be the height (18" too high for flat benching?) or the narrow pad? Therefore I just wanted to point out that this one has the same dimensions. I personally can't see any downside to this bench style with 17" height or 11"+ wide pads but CAP seems to be making direct copies rather than improvements (the CAP+ flat bench is 19" high just like the Legend).

Perhaps you wanted firmer or nicer pads? Are you tempted by the "densely padded 3 inches thick" pads advertised by this one? A full review would be welcome if you are
    I sold them because I filled my gym with Nautilus equipment recently and wanted to condense down to a single bench. I'm actually making more moves to condense further, having sold the Powertec Multi Unit I'm working a deal to replace it with a smaller WB-LS. Because there are a handful of movements that the Ptech delivers better than most commercial pieces I have used (shoulder press, incline press, standing calf raises, and shrugs). But that's another thread althogether LOL.

The Atlas was my flat and the Legend was my incline, but I needed something more like the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 by itself. Only reason I mentioned the CAP here was because I know ALOT of people enjoy the 3103 and I'm not trying to be biased against it just because it didn't fit my needs. I wanted a ladder, 17" height, 11"+ pad, three foot design, firm padding, and relatively light weight for easy mobility. AB-3100 delivered everything I wanted in spades, and total cost to me after net profits from selling my Legend was $20 shipped.

If there is a budget friendly version out there @ $250-$300 less than ordering the real deal, kinda like what the AB-3100 is currently doing to Rogue, it changes the game a little on what I will accept compared to spending $600-$650 on an item that should (IMO) check every box on my list. That is all, sorry for the rant.

pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbk3jg0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I sold them because I filled my gym with Nautilus equipment recently and wanted to condense down to a single bench. I'm actually making more moves to condense further, having sold the Powertec Multi Unit I'm working a deal to replace it with a smaller WB-LS. Because there are a handful of movements that the Ptech delivers better than most commercial pieces I have used (shoulder press, incline press, standing calf raises, and shrugs). But that's another thread althogether LOL.

The Atlas was my flat and the Legend was my incline, but I needed something more like the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 by itself. Only reason I mentioned the CAP here was because I know ALOT of people enjoy the 3103 and I'm not trying to be biased against it just because it didn't fit my needs. I wanted a ladder, 17" height, 11"+ pad, three foot design, firm padding, and relatively light weight for easy mobility. AB-3100 delivered everything I wanted in spades, and total cost to me after net profits from selling my Legend was $20 shipped.

If there is a budget friendly version out there @ $250-$300 less than ordering the real deal, kinda like what the AB-3100 is currently doing to Rogue, it changes the game a little on what I will accept compared to spending $600-$650 on an item that should (IMO) check every box on my list. That is all, sorry for the rant.
    What do you think about the issues that AB-3100 has that a poster alluded to earlier which Duke is trying to fix right now?

Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    even if the height were 17", many FID benches have the wider seat and/or some kind of leg hold down. These things are fine when doing decline work, but quite annoying when doing anything else, especially dumbbell work.
    What are the issues that the AB-3100 has which you mentioned?

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pbk3jg0 View Post
    What are the issues that the AB-3100 has which you mentioned?
    A few things have been addressed:

1) Pads no longer touch when put into 85 degree position. This was originally done to reduce pad gap in flat with the intention that it would be used rarely enough in 85 that most people would prefer less gap in flat. A better placement of hinge fixes both issues though. Gap is now 1-1.25".

2) Ladder support wasn't consistently centered. Not a functional problem, but aesthetically off. Changed this part to something that is always perfectly centered, still ladder design.

We also made a few other changes for production consistency. Changed frame from a bent tube to 2 welded pieces with 4 gauge reinforcements at the joint. A couple of other minor things.

6-8 weeks out. Final production unit is in the air on the way to us now, so we'll do pics soon.

Future improvements across our entire line of benches is improving the pad cover material to make it thicker and a bit more grip texture. Considering also offering "pad options" for those that want something really firm. Not likely to hit until next year though.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

Originally Posted by dukenukem7777 View Post

1) Pads no longer touch when put into 85 degree position. This was originally done to reduce pad gap in flat with the intention that it would be used rarely enough in 85 that most people would prefer less gap in flat. A better placement of hinge fixes both issues though. Gap is now 1-1.25".

2) Ladder support wasn't consistently centered. Not a functional problem, but aesthetically off. Changed this part to something that is always perfectly centered, still ladder design.

We also made a few other changes for production consistency. Changed frame from a bent tube to 2 welded pieces with 4 gauge reinforcements at the joint. A couple of other minor things.

6-8 weeks out. Final production unit is in the air on the way to us now, so we'll do pics soon.

Future improvements across our entire line of benches is improving the pad cover material to make it thicker and a bit more grip texture. Considering also offering "pad options" for those that want something really firm. Not likely to hit until next year though.
    Thanks for the reply. It looks like AB-3100 will become an obvious choice for those who want a single bench for incline and flat.

Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bignick31985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been exhaustively researching and looking for a new bench and have concluded I'll buy the Rep Fitness FID bench. I was going to go Ironmaster, but the height turns me off. I've been using a Titan FID for a while and it's due for an upgrade.

Second, if budget allowed, would be Rogue 2.0 but $545 pre shipped is a tough one to gnaw on. I'm sure it's nice though.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you re-use the unpainted steel ladder parts from your other bench?

"Innovative features include a bare steel back adjustment ladder to prevent the chipping and flaking of paint from metal-on-metal contact seen on other adjustable benches."

Will the improved AB-3100 result in a price increase?