hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Snapping hip syndrome?

Has anyone heard of this thing? Recently when I contract my right hip there seems to be a tingling sensation in my pelvic socket around the hip flexors, and it seems like some tendon or cartilage is rubbing against a bone?

And it feels extremely tight if I push my leg (like a single leg jump or horse kick) and feels like something might tear if I continue with it. It goes off and on, during fast exercise like basketball game.

Looking up snapping hip syndrome, it says one should stretch hip flexors and it band, but i've been stretching it religiously for the last several months, not sure what is wrong.

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Could be a few things. As you said, it could be tight muscles. It could also be a thickening of connective tissues from heavy lifting, which make for a popping sensation when extending the hip. Could also be FAI. Is it painful? Snapping hip is actually fairly common.

ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Internal or external? Iliosposas or IT Band?

Iliospoas test is to lay on your back flat. Lift knee to chest-----then open hip outwards and make a half circle around all the way back to rest. If you get a thump during this, it's a positive

hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hyperdunk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It got better when I did this stretch:

Originally Posted by ToPHeR35 View Post
    Internal or external? Iliosposas or IT Band?

Iliospoas test is to lay on your back flat. Lift knee to chest-----then open hip outwards and make a half circle around all the way back to rest. If you get a thump during this, it's a positive
    Yeah I think it is Iliospoas. It started acting up again just now.