johndavis101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Full body routine with basic bench at home.

This is my every other day full body routine. I don't go the the gym, and only have a basic bench, no cnow everyone recommends just doing a tried and tested routine, but each one I see has machines or some fancy stuff I don't have. My question is how would YOU change my routine, taking into account I have just a basic bench and weights? Oh, and I did have squats in there too, but I don't have a squat rack so once weights got heavier I stopped and swapped for deads. Cheers for any advice given.

Bench

Incline bench

Dumbbell flyes

Concentration curls

Palm in overhead dumbbell press

Dumbbell row

Dumbbell one arm triceps extensions

Side lateral raise

Deadlift

Barbell shrugs

Barbell calf raises

Sit ups

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Do All Pros, Starting Strength or SL5x5. They all just require a barbell.

brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brenthopkins is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you should add squats

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brenthopkins View Post
    you should add squats
    Without a rack? Zercher squats are probably the easiest and safest option. You can just pick it up from and place it back down on the bench I suppose...
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of machine exercises you will find have free weight variants that you can use. For example you can do leg curls and leg extensions using dumbbells and a bench. You can always clean the weight to do squats as well. However the weight you squat will likely be limited by how much you can clean.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheGymJim View Post
    Without a rack? Zercher squats are probably the easiest and safest option. You can just pick it up from and place it back down on the bench I suppose...
    &

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    A lot of machine exercises you will find have free weight variants that you can use. For example you can do leg curls and leg extensions using dumbbells and a bench. You can always clean the weight to do squats as well. However the weight you squat will likely be limited by how much you can clean.
    Good calls lads.

I've done zerchers from a bench when racks where all taken! These IMO are easier than clean and front Squat for most people and you can load heavier.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

johndavis101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheers SuffolkPunch, I started out by doing just the main compounds, but then added a few things along the way.

Sooby, that's what I used to do until it got too heavy.

Everyone else, thanks for pointing me to zerchers, I'll definitely be giving that ago. Would you add to routine, or alternate deads and squats?