Thread: Five day split

conlew is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Five day split

I've been looking round at different five day splits that split the legs into quads and hams and was wondering what people think of this one
    Monday - quads and calves
    Tuesday - chest and bis
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday - shoulders and tris
    Friday - back and hams
    Saturday chest and abs
    Sunday off

I do chest twice and it is a week point so one day I focus more upper chest

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by conlew View Post
    I've been looking round at different five day splits that split the legs into quads and hams and was wondering what people think of this one
    Monday - quads and calves
    Tuesday - chest and bis
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday - shoulders and tris
    Friday - back and hams
    Saturday chest and abs
    Sunday off

I do chest twice and it is a week point so one day I focus more upper chest
    Looks crap. Why not follow a more well-established programme?

ALso, that's just a list of muscle groups. We really have no idea what your split actually is by looking at this
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can do quad training (like squats) and posterior chain training (like Romanian deadlifts) on consecutive days. People worry too much about overlap and in practice it doesn't cause any problems especially to more experienced lifters. Yes, a conventional deadlift will affect quads somewhat and glutes are used by both squats and deadlifts but it doesn't matter. I've put one the day before the other lots of times and it's fine.

Why am I telling you this? Well, your main problem is lack of frequency. You ought to train everything at least twice a week. This means a 2 or 3 day cycle that's repeated.

For example:
    1. chest / upper back
    2. shoulders / posterior chain
    3. legs / abs