cgreen203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I training right?

Hello All,

I have recently made the switch to 5x5 three times a week (no cardio) and boxing twice a week (intense cardio). With two days off for rest.
    Am I training properly to gain lean muscle or should I be doing more/less?

My calorie intake is at 2700..six meals/snacks per day with plenty of protein, healthy fats, no refined sugars/carbs.

I am slim 6'0, 165lbs but want to get up to 175-180 with a defined shape.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What exactly does "doing 5x5" mean? Please provide more detailed information.

Also: there's no "lean muscle" or any other varieties, just muscle and fat. What you probably mean is that you want to minimize the amount of gained fat.

"Plenty of protein" is also rather vague. Eat enough calories to keep your weight increasing slowly.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

SpringEagle62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Strongman 5x5 is a solid program for starters and intermediates.

Would recommend tracking your calories and protein intake, use myfitnesspal to calculate your macros and go from there 👍