besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Am i taking in too much protein?

Hey guys I'm 5'6 141 lbs and on a bulk. Today I ate 3 eggs, one cream cheese bagel, two meat patties, and had one scoop of on 100% whey pre-workout and two scoops post. I was going to take one scoop of casein before I go to bed, but now I am reluctant. Am i taking in too much protein...am I going to hurt myself by taking in a lot of these supplements along with the high protein diet im already on? I'm really aiming for about 141 maybe slightly more grams a day. I've been taking one scoop of whey and two scoops of whey post along with casein before i go to bed for about two days now. Is it safe for me to take casein before I go to bed today?

besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) besphysik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Is it safe? Of course it is. What do you think would happen if you are another egg or meat patty? Your head isn't going to explode.
    Strong & Unstable

Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    Is it safe? Of course it is. What do you think would happen if you are another egg or meat patty? Your head isn't going to explode.
    I know but I just feel like this might be bad for my digestive system and I just think i may be having too much idk im paranoid like that lol. But i had one scoop whey shake pre and two scoop whey shake post should i down a casein before bed?

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by besphysik View Post
    I know but I just feel like this might be bad for my digestive system and I just think i may be having too much idk im paranoid like that lol. But i had one scoop whey shake pre and two scoop whey shake post should i down a casein before bed?
    If your protein intake for the day is lower than it needs to be, yes. If not, you can do but there might not be any need.

Just as an FYI, no need to swap casein up for before bed. Ordinary whey will do the job.
    Strong & Unstable

fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This made me laugh out loud. Haha. But, point made pretty simply.
    “I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be”

bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bayrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes it is safe. Target most of your protein from food and use the supplements when you are not meeting your macros. If you are just starting to consuming high levels of protein through diet and supplements you can have a temporary issue with constipation. Hydration becomes even more important while you adjust.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Loled. Well, if you have a pre-existing condition that your body can't digest protein, you'll have a problem. That's what that new article released about the "female bodybuilder dies from overdose of protein" taught us. But no OP, consuming more protein that even your daily intake requires won't result in negative effects unless you do have a pre-existing medical condition. Most when bulking end up raising protein intake quite high to get the extra calories.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Point being made is with so much messed up and wrong information out there, people think that protein in general can hurt you. You really have to look at the sources information is coming from.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys I'm 5'6 141 lbs and on a bulk. Today I ate 3 eggs, one cream cheese bagel, two meat patties, and had one scoop of on 100% whey pre-workout and two scoops post. I was going to take one scoop of casein before I go to bed, but now I am reluctant. Am i taking in too much protein...am I going to hurt myself by taking in a lot of these supplements along with the high protein diet im already on? I'm really aiming for about 141 maybe slightly more grams a day. I've been taking one scoop of whey and two scoops of whey post along with casein before i go to bed for about two days now. Is it safe for me to take casein before I go to bed today?
    It really depends what you want to do with your body. If your body is healthy you can take in a lot of protein everyday. Ive gone up to 2 grams per lb or bodyweight and 50 grams bcaa before, under extreme conditions. ie the end of contest prep, when carbs were 100 grams and fat was 25 grams. Ive been taking in 250-350 grams total for fifteen years now. If you have a condition like the beautiful lady that passed away last week then no. Get blood work from your doctors, just to make sure, or if you suspect an issue.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, if you're target is ~140g of protein per day, then just target that.

A protein powder should solely be used to help you reach those targets. If you are about to get 120g from your diet and only require 1x20g shake, then that is fine. If you're target is 140g and you get 140g from your diet, then a powder is not required.

Using powders come down to whats required outside of your diet to reach your daily goals.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm really aiming for about 141 maybe slightly more grams a day. I've been taking one scoop of whey and two scoops of whey post along with casein before i go to bed for about two days now. Is it safe for me to take casein before I go to bed today?
    You're aiming for 141g protein, and using 3 scoops of whey + 1 scoop of casein per day?? That's already probably ~100g of protein in supplements alone, how is this math working?

For the vast, vast majority of people, it's perfectly safe. It could be a waste of money though. If you're hitting your protein macros without all that supplemental protein, you might not need all those scoops of whey and casein. Not because they're harmful, but because why waste your money?
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, an 8oz cooked skinless chicken breast contains about 35 grams of protein. Eat more food and use less powder
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

kayle23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    we must be eating different skinless chicken breast apparently? 4 ounces for me is 35 g of protein or close to it 8 ounces would be close to 70.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kayle23 View Post
    we must be eating different skinless chicken breast apparently? 4 ounces for me is 35 g of protein or close to it 8 ounces would be close to 70.
    Yeah, those numbers don't add up.

https://www.nutritionix.com/i/usda/c...fd4d0a9f16ffe2
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic