Shaqqy12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Using belt and getting pain lower abs

Hey!

I just got my lifting belt and have started using it. When i use it i get a sharp pain in what i think is the lower abdominal (right above my junk).
    Have anyone else experienced this or have any clue what it might be? Ive tried using Google with no luck.

Cheers

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of belt are we talking about? It sounds like you have the belt too low, it should be as high up on your midsection as you can go without hitting your ribs. Many people think the belt needs to be low which is a common misconception.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    What kind of belt are we talking about? It sounds like you have the belt too low, it should be as high up on your midsection as you can go without hitting your ribs. Many people think the belt needs to be low which is a common misconception.
    Im using a lever belt. I tried to have just under my ribs but still felt pain. Its a wide belt btw

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shaqqy12 View Post
    Im using a lever belt. I tried to have just under my ribs but still felt pain. Its a wide belt btw
    Mine is also, a 10mm Inzer Lever belt and at times I do accidentally place it too low and it pinches at the bottom of the squat. But that doesn't happen very often, maybe you should look into a skinnier belt like the tapered / Athlete cut from Best Belts . net.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm assuming you went with the standard 4" recommended belt but there's no reason that you can't move to a 3" belt.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I'm assuming you went with the standard 4" recommended belt but there's no reason that you can't move to a 3" belt.
    The thing is i remember a year ago when i was doing deadlifts without a belt having the same Kinda pain. Im pretty sure tho the belt might be the root of my problem now but it Kinda sucks i cant swap my current belt for a smaller one since it was like €100

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you getting any bruising, or internal bleeding beneath the skin around the area?

radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) radrd has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The thing is i remember a year ago when i was doing deadlifts without a belt having the same Kinda pain. Im pretty sure tho the belt might be the root of my problem now but it Kinda sucks i cant swap my current belt for a smaller one since it was like €100
    Do you have pain now when you deadlift without a belt? Make sure your form is on point. If it still hurts, you might want to have that checked out by a medical professional.

I don't belt up for my lighter weight sets, and you should practice deadlifting sans belt to make sure you know how to brace properly. A belt isn't a substitute for correct form.

In fact, I injured myself by using a belt incorrectly on deadlifts. It wasn't fitting properly and distracted me from bracing correctly. Pulled muscles in my back and took several weeks to fully recover.

Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    Are you getting any bruising, or internal bleeding beneath the skin around the area?
    No bruising. Not any signs at all

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Do you have pain now when you deadlift without a belt? Make sure your form is on point. If it still hurts, you might want to have that checked out by a medical professional.

I don't belt up for my lighter weight sets, and you should practice deadlifting sans belt to make sure you know how to brace properly. A belt isn't a substitute for correct form.

In fact, I injured myself by using a belt incorrectly on deadlifts. It wasn't fitting properly and distracted me from bracing correctly. Pulled muscles in my back and took several weeks to fully recover.
    No I used to get it a few years ago when doing heavy deadlifts/squats but not nowadays. I got the belt a week ago and only use it for the really heavy lifts, warmups and lighter days i leave it home.

I have been working on my form pretty hard last 2-3 months focusing solely on form before trying to push the 1rm. I will record some deadlifts this weekend and check my form with and without the belt to see if i notice anything. Will keep you updated.

No I used to get it a few years ago when doing heavy deadlifts/squats but not nowadays. I got the belt a week ago and only use it for the really heavy lifts, warmups and lighter days i leave it home.

I have been working on my form pretty hard last 2-3 months focusing solely on form before trying to push the 1rm. I will record some deadlifts this weekend and check my form with and without the belt to see if i notice anything. Will keep you updated.
    It's good news that you don't have soreness without the belt. It might just need to break in a little. Be sure you are positioning it under your rib cage. When I injured myself, not only did I pull muscles in my back, but it felt like I also bruised a rib or two because the belt was too high. Pretty dumb but I learned from it.

If you're looking for another option, I prefer to use a Spud Inc. lever belt for deadlifting over my Pioneer leather belt. The Spud belt is still 4" but the design and materials are a little more forgiving so I have an easier time getting into position comfortably. Not sure about EU availability.

https://www.spud-inc-straps.com/prod...es-belt-3-ply/
    Last edited by radrd; 09-02-2022 at 08:22 AM.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A new belt needs to be broken in IME. Once my Pioneer broke in the pain went away basically.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United