has28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any huge stomach success stories?

I've lost about 10 kg / 22 pounds over the past 3 months (eating less, reduced carbs, no alcohol, very little chocolate, cycling most mornings before breakfast).

I am 30 years of age, male, 178 cm (5"10). I started at about 81 kg (179 pounds) and I'm at 71 kg now (156 pounds). On paper, this is great and I'm in the normal BMI range. I've lost fat everywhere, face, feet, hands - and just going by that I'm rather skinny. But my gut is still abnormally huge. My waist is now at 95 cm (37,4 inches) which means I'm still at danger for developing diseases. I didn't measure it at the beginning, but I would guess it would at have been at about 100 cm. So i've probably had some progress, but I still basically look pregnant when I completely relax my stomach. Considering how skinny I am elsewhere it's quite ugly.

I understand where you lose weight is genetic, and men tend to lose belly fat last. But since I'm feeling quite despondent with so much work over the past months and still looking almost as pregnant as I did at the beginning, and considering how little I technically weigh comparatively, does anyone who was in a similar situation have story where they'd suddenly started losing belly fat rapidly after months of torment? I wonder how much weight I have to lose, or even if there are certain strategies I should pursue. I'm just gonna continue losing weight. I don't lift at all. My plan was to lose the belly fat, then add weight again with a proper lifting program.

shawnsplint is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keep at it

I had your same issue. I am a 31 year old male 6 foot 2. As of right now have lost 90 pounds with about 35 more to go I think. Unfortunately we can't choose where the fat comes off of our body. I lost the fat from my face and upper chest at first. With the majority of my remaining fat still residing around my midsection. But my waist is now a 36 from 42. I would suggest adding a little weight training. It helps make everything look a lot toner. I didn't lift for the 6 months of my weight loss but I regret not doing it sooner. I love seeing the definition coming in as I lose the weight. As for stages I use a 10 pound goal mindset. When I got to 290 I said to myself ok let's get to 280 and when I got there my goal was 270 and so on. This morning I was 219 from 308 pounds last December.

bokentoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same issue as you guys. I'm 33 and started at 225lbs just under 4 months ago. I'm now 190lbs and lost more than half my body fat. The stomach remains however and will continue to until i lose another 20lbs or so. Maybe when i get half way it'll be more flat but for now the part around the belly button still sticks out the most. It's funny cause when i press on my stomach area, that part just below the belly button is also the hardest but for that layer of fat which won't go away.

It is said that there is a split between the importance of diet vs weight lifting and cardio, but i would say that you need both in equal proportions to be happy with the end result and it all takes time unfortunately. Get yourself into a gym and get a decent program and start from there. Keep with the diet and you'll start adding some muscle to your frame elsewhere whilst losing the belly. Besides, you have to do ab workout for something to replace the fat that is there now.

Hope some of that helps.

ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by has28 View Post
    I don't lift at all.
    thats the issue mate.. I started at 222lbs and im now 153-4 but I lifted the whole time on the fierce 5 program. Now im lean bulking but the lifting part is vital to maintain lean body mass during a cut. esp a significant one

I attached some before and after pics... careful one is a scary belly pics lol
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ItsTiME35; 08-18-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    FMH Crew - Dominate Humbly - Barbell Brigade

FIERCE 5/VIKING BARE BONES FB WORKOUT JOURNAL - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168445403

Thanks for good replies. I am going to just KEEP GOING and try to add some 5x5 along with the cycling.

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for good replies. I am going to just KEEP GOING and try to add some 5x5 along with the cycling.
    I wouldn't suggest losing more weight right now. Get on a proper routine and eat around maintenance.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've lost about 10 kg / 22 pounds over the past 3 months (eating less, reduced carbs, no alcohol, very little chocolate, cycling most mornings before breakfast).

I am 30 years of age, male, 178 cm (5"10). I started at about 81 kg (179 pounds) and I'm at 71 kg now (156 pounds). On paper, this is great and I'm in the normal BMI range. I've lost fat everywhere, face, feet, hands - and just going by that I'm rather skinny. But my gut is still abnormally huge. My waist is now at 95 cm (37,4 inches) which means I'm still at danger for developing diseases. I didn't measure it at the beginning, but I would guess it would at have been at about 100 cm. So i've probably had some progress, but I still basically look pregnant when I completely relax my stomach. Considering how skinny I am elsewhere it's quite ugly.

I understand where you lose weight is genetic, and men tend to lose belly fat last. But since I'm feeling quite despondent with so much work over the past months and still looking almost as pregnant as I did at the beginning, and considering how little I technically weigh comparatively, does anyone who was in a similar situation have story where they'd suddenly started losing belly fat rapidly after months of torment? I wonder how much weight I have to lose, or even if there are certain strategies I should pursue. I'm just gonna continue losing weight. I don't lift at all. My plan was to lose the belly fat, then add weight again with a proper lifting program.
    Fat loss programming without proper weight training is a recipe for disaster body composition wise. You just end up looking like a smaller version of your former self.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    With your body composition, you'll see your gut start to disappear at a faster rate once the rest of the body has largely eliminated it. It starts slow, then speeds up at your belly as you continue your weight loss.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ItsTiME35 View Post
    thats the issue mate.. I started at 222lbs and im now 153-4 but I lifted the whole time on the fierce 5 program. Now im lean bulking but the lifting part is vital to maintain lean body mass during a cut. esp a significant one

I attached some before and after pics... careful one is a scary belly pics lol
    Actually VERY VERY NICE JOB !

tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lifting and hiking works for me. Plus cutting in stages (8 weeks maintenance then 2-3 weeks cutting hard). 1.5+g protein per lb lbm throught 4 months progress:

1/1/15: 93kg
    19/6/15 78.5kg
    27/6/15: 77kg
    3/7/15: after pre psmf 280g carb up: 76.5
    24/7/15 72.5kg (post psmf)
    6/8/15 71.25kg
    Goal:
    68kg or 30" waist, whichever comes first.
    Just keeping going, eating clean, training mean and getting lean ;)

Weight loss = (calories in < calories expended) x time, simple.

Originally Posted by tombaron View Post
    Lifting and hiking works for me. Plus cutting in stages (8 weeks maintenance then 2-3 weeks cutting hard). 1.5+g protein per lb lbm throught 4 months progress:
    Nice progress. Do you see your stomach go last as well?

Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    With your body composition, you'll see your gut start to disappear at a faster rate once the rest of the body has largely eliminated it. It starts slow, then speeds up at your belly as you continue your weight loss.
    Makes sense!

tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice progress. Do you see your stomach go last as well?
    Yup. There's always a uncomfortable stage where your gut is disproportionately big then it quickly gets whittled down near the end of a cut.
    1/1/15: 93kg
    19/6/15 78.5kg
    27/6/15: 77kg
    3/7/15: after pre psmf 280g carb up: 76.5
    24/7/15 72.5kg (post psmf)
    6/8/15 71.25kg
    Goal:
    68kg or 30" waist, whichever comes first.
    Just keeping going, eating clean, training mean and getting lean ;)

Weight loss = (calories in < calories expended) x time, simple.