Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Weaklifts1x1 View Post
    What is the difference between "football shape" and "military shape?" I have seen a few D1 kids come through and simply not have what it takes for SERE. I figure if the guy is in the Marines, he is in probably in as good or better shape than many athletes. Or maybe I'm missing something. (I'm not discussing the obvious skill, talent, height/weight, etc that also goes into making the team.)
    Good question. Football shape concentrates on strength and power, military shape more on GPP and aerobic conditioning. A good friend and football teammate of my son decided to go into the Marines while my son decided to play football and track in college, both are linemen. So, after their HS senior season of football they would often train together but working on different things; my son concentrated on strength training and power work to get ready for track, and his friend worked on losing weight and improving his running to get ready for Marine PT. My son's friend lost about 40lbs and his max lifts went down some but he greatly improved his aerobic conditioning. My son greatly improved his max lifts as well as improving his olympic lifts to get ready for track. They would typically work together on farmer walks, sled dragging, and similar GPP routines. They both were meeting the requirements of their upcoming activities, just training somewhat different energy systems.

jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    The ones who do that are ones that were recruited for DI and didnt have the grades or had other issues to work out.

Last Season U notwithstanding, Division I teams dont recruit that much from JUCOs. Not when they get better talent straight out of high school.
    yeah but if he is as good as he says he'll get attention

PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Brah, if it doesn't work out go play some rugby. Right good fun and there are semi-pro leagues showing up all over the USA. Could always work towards becoming an Eagle.
    MISC Blood Drive (MOD REPS): https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Start: B-175/S-185/D-185/OHP-95
    Current:B-335/S-365/D-365/OHP-215
    Goals: B-365/S-405/D-495/OHP-225

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Weaklifts1x1 View Post
    What is the difference between "football shape" and "military shape?" I have seen a few D1 kids come through and simply not have what it takes for SERE. I figure if the guy is in the Marines, he is in probably in as good or better shape than many athletes. Or maybe I'm missing something. (I'm not discussing the obvious skill, talent, height/weight, etc that also goes into making the team.)
    You're completely missing something.

You dont have to be a great athlete to make it through SERE. You just have to keep moving.

You have to have a fair bit of endurance to be a Marine Rifleman, but that has nothing to do with any sort of athletic ability. Otherwise D1 schools would recruit a lot more ex-military than they do.

Being physically and mentally tough isnt the same as having athletic potential to compete at a high level.

cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdicki22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    You're completely missing something.

You dont have to be a great athlete to make it through SERE. You just have to keep moving.

You have to have a fair bit of endurance to be a Marine Rifleman, but that has nothing to do with any sort of athletic ability. Otherwise D1 schools would recruit a lot more ex-military than they do.

Being physically and mentally tough isnt the same as having athletic potential to compete at a high level.
    I found a site that helps active duty military get recruited, called athletesofvalor.com im going to try this out and see if i can get some offers.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cdicki22 View Post
    I found a site that helps active duty military get recruited, called athletesofvalor.com im going to try this out and see if i can get some offers.
    Sounds fine but don't let that be your only path. Just registering with that site (or any site) will not result in offers. You can certainly use that site or others (NCSA, CaptainU, etc) as a base for your marketing but you have to do a lot of work
    1) Create a list of schools that you want to go to for academic reasons (what are you looking for in a college). I will guarantee that every college coach will ask you why do you want to go to their school
    2) If you are considering D1 or D2 THEN YOU MUST REGISTER WITH THE NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL
    3) register an interest in being recruited with the schools you want to be recruited by. Contact them

Offers only come after meeting with the staff of the school that is recruiting you; there is no easy way around this.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cdicki22 View Post
    They cant do anything for you. You have to talk to the coaches and work out for them or show them tape - not to mention get into school.

If you wanted someone to hold your hand and wipe your ass through life you should have stayed in the Corps.

Sheesh.

Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bentley41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey **** these people. Just go for it man. If you think you can measure up to some of those kids, try out. Stats dont mean chit in football, and none of us have seen you play. I had good stats, but was mediocre at football, i knew kids with bad stats who were great at football. Just go out and try
    **Im always on the misc but nobody knows who i am crew**

R.I.P. Greg Plitt (1977-2015)
    R.I.P Zyzz (1989-2011)
    *+Ranger Panties Crew+*
    Never made a quality post crew

Originally Posted by Bentley41 View Post
    Hey **** these people. Just go for it man. If you think you can measure up to some of those kids, try out. Stats dont mean chit in football, and none of us have seen you play. I had good stats, but was mediocre at football, i knew kids with bad stats who were great at football. Just go out and try
    ^^^^clueless

This isnt about stats, this about not playing football for years and trying to walk on D1 lmao