rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

front squating... more...

i've already managed a 2xbodyweight back squat, but i cannot front squat for crap. 70% of 1RM back squat. "somebody" told me my back/upper back is weak and recommended i do partial front squats.

yes i do front squat (at the moment)... i row, pull ups, and dead lift also... are these partial front squats going to help my rack position? thanks, in advance.

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry, do you think you have issues getting into the front rack position or are you worried you have muscle imbalances preventing you from achieving a heavier front squat?

If you need more mobility to get into the proper position, you might want to work on your elbows. Try putting the barbell behind your head and use weight to push your hands down. It's also possible you aren't gripping correctly...if you're struggling, try pointing your elbows out and slightly down.

rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10) rNursejitsu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gwybodaeth View Post
    worried you have muscle imbalances
    i go to PT and they told me i have slight upper cross, my md said i have tight traps, and my chiropractor said i've got mild kyphosis.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rNursejitsu View Post
    i go to PT and they told me i have slight upper cross, my md said i have tight traps, and my chiropractor said i've got mild kyphosis.
    Like most people, welcome to the club. When I front squat, I always feel it in my obliques, so I try not to front squat too often.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Like most people, welcome to the club. When I front squat, I always feel it in my obliques, so I try not to front squat too often.
    are you telling me front squatting is making my issues worse?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rNursejitsu View Post
    You're probably going to have to keep working on correcting those issues. I would not do partial front squats, though. Keep doing full ROM and work with lighter weight for triples and upwards of 6-8 sets, really focusing on keeping elbows up and back tight and upright. You could also ask what your PT and/or chiro think of doing them. Lots of mobility work and foam rolling the thoracic spine (T-spine, or mid to upper back) to loosen it up.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Full rom front squats are the devils work... But beneficial lol.

TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TLTrooper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try zercher squats. It kind of incorporates the same upper back muscles, but there's considerable trap involvement.