FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Fierce 5: from full body dumbbell to proper full body

Hi all,
    I have several questions so I thought I'll open a thread.

I've been running Fierce 5 Novice Full body dumbbell program since mid April.
    Now I bought a power rack so I can do the proper full body program. Plus, my volleyball trainings will start in a month.

Let's go with the questions:
    1) Where should I start with the weights? Should I reset all my lifts or continue with the ones I was doing already (I'm resetting bench anyway)? In any case, should I try to keep up with the proposed progression and reset a lot or can I simply progress slower?
    2) My RDL is currently limited by the first deadlift (I cannot lift it with proper form from the ground at first rep): should I work on it (doing some complete deadlifts) or should I pick up the bar from my rack a bit above the ground?
    3) I've read the vertical jump bible, and the good thing is they suggest to squat to increase vertical jump; aside from that, it suggests also doing some light plyometrics, do you think it's feasible? Is it better on rest days or training days?
    4) A couple of years ago my phisio gave me some exercises to strengthen the shoulder, extra rotations for example to reinforce rotator cuff. Do you think I can do them as a warmup or is the program already targetting enough the area (I'm thinking about rowing and face pulls)?
    5) This summer playing beach volley I was getting a slight pain in the abductors, so I think they are weak, do you recommend just following the program or doing, for example, sumo squats from time to time?
    6) I have a lat machine in the power rack, is it better to continue with pullups (I'm around 3x8) or should I rather use the lat machine? Reading on the internet there is no clear answer, just wanted your thoughts. Maybe lat machine when I'm too tired?

Ultimately, do you think it's a good idea switching to the full body novice or maybe it would be better to the U/L? I think I have almost all the equipment needed for it (except leg press).

Thanks a lot, sorry for the long post.
    Ciao,
    Michele

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) Doesn't matter hugely.
    Since you need to learn and practice the barbell form 80% of what you think you can do would be decent.
    Follow the progression as stated.

2) There's no way your RDL should be heavier than your deadlift. Form video would probably be a good idea.

3) 3 sets of 3-4 reps box jumps are a decent warm up / way to incorporate plyo. Don't use higher reps than 5.

4) Do the physio stuff.

5) follow the program.

6) doesn't matter, pick one. Alternate every month or two.

Run the novice
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks a lot man!
    Form check on RDL will arrive next time, I already did one a couple of months ago:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=174329591

Keep in mind I'm just starting squat and never deadlifted.

Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by FallingBridge View Post
    Hi all,
    I have several questions so I thought I'll open a thread.

I've been running Fierce 5 Novice Full body dumbbell program since mid April.
    Now I bought a power rack so I can do the proper full body program. Plus, my volleyball trainings will start in a month.

Let's go with the questions:
    1) Where should I start with the weights? Should I reset all my lifts or continue with the ones I was doing already (I'm resetting bench anyway)? In any case, should I try to keep up with the proposed progression and reset a lot or can I simply progress slower?
    2) My RDL is currently limited by the first deadlift (I cannot lift it with proper form from the ground at first rep): should I work on it (doing some complete deadlifts) or should I pick up the bar from my rack a bit above the ground?
    3) I've read the vertical jump bible, and the good thing is they suggest to squat to increase vertical jump; aside from that, it suggests also doing some light plyometrics, do you think it's feasible? Is it better on rest days or training days?
    4) A couple of years ago my phisio gave me some exercises to strengthen the shoulder, extra rotations for example to reinforce rotator cuff. Do you think I can do them as a warmup or is the program already targetting enough the area (I'm thinking about rowing and face pulls)?
    5) This summer playing beach volley I was getting a slight pain in the abductors, so I think they are weak, do you recommend just following the program or doing, for example, sumo squats from time to time?
    6) I have a lat machine in the power rack, is it better to continue with pullups (I'm around 3x8) or should I rather use the lat machine? Reading on the internet there is no clear answer, just wanted your thoughts. Maybe lat machine when I'm too tired?

Ultimately, do you think it's a good idea switching to the full body novice or maybe it would be better to the U/L? I think I have almost all the equipment needed for it (except leg press).

Thanks a lot, sorry for the long post.
    Ciao,
    Michele
    "Proper full body program"....weight is weight.

You could of squatted with dumbbells

Originally Posted by Goingviking View Post
    "Proper full body program"....weight is weight.

You could of squatted with dumbbells
    I followed the dumbbell program so I did split squat and walking lunge...

GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can u post before and after pics ? I started fierce in march 1. Curious lol no homer

Originally Posted by GreekGod69 View Post
    Can u post before and after pics ? I started fierce in march 1. Curious lol no homer
    I updated my profile for you It's difficult to say because I've taken the pictures with different lighting, all pictures are pumped. I would say that the biggest progress was, of course, in the beginning, even with the bro split. Also, probably my back has developed more with Fierce 5 but I didn't take pictures.

Here is form check on RDL.
    The weight is no more challenging to me, I didn't increase it in the last 3 weeks! (77kg).

Here are the videos, two different series from different angles.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZef1A9PLow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYt4dn-HUuU

Thanks man!

Bump!