Thread: Pricing

BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pricing

I am in the process of starting my own personal training company when I go back up to college in a few weeks. There is a big niche there for personal training as there is a lack of. I attend Florida State University which has 40k+ students, and then there is schools such as FAMU and TCC on top of the surrounding community.

I have all the logistics already handled except for the gym that I am going to be using (emailing/calling them all to see the cheapest rent) and the pricing.

I have lost 80+ pounds, my dad was an NPC bodybuilder, and I have been lifting for a couple years now and have quite a bit of knowledge in the nutrition and lifting field. NASM certified as well.

My question is this; what is the best pricing for the following (advertising to a college market in which people are on tight budgets)?
    - One-on-one in-person training (per session)
    - 8 week online macro/fitness coaching
    - 12 week online macro/fitness coaching
    - 16 week online macro/fitness coaching

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    When you see what appears to be a large market with no one serving it, you should pause and consider the reasons for it. Are you the first person to think of serving this market? Probably not. Is your service really that much better or different than anyone else that is currently serving the market or that have tried in the past? Probably not.

What I am getting at is there is probably a reason there are few personal trainers in your area. College kids don't want and/or can't afford personal training. Sure you'll have a few that work part time or that use their dad's credit card, but I think that would be a pretty small percentage.

The only thing that would make sense to me would be setting up some sort of small group training, so that they are paying $15-25/session instead of $75+/session.
    www.dreesperformance.com

BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonmd123 View Post
    When you see what appears to be a large market with no one serving it, you should pause and consider the reasons for it. Are you the first person to think of serving this market? Probably not. Is your service really that much better or different than anyone else that is currently serving the market or that have tried in the past? Probably not.

What I am getting at is there is probably a reason there are few personal trainers in your area. College kids don't want and/or can't afford personal training. Sure you'll have a few that work part time or that use their dad's credit card, but I think that would be a pretty small percentage.

The only thing that would make sense to me would be setting up some sort of small group training, so that they are paying $15-25/session instead of $75+/session.
    Have already discussed that possibility and I have found that the reason there is a lack of personal trainers is due to FSU having their own gym and trainers. A lot of people are now swaying away from the gym due to it being packed 24/7. Was gonna possibly test the waters by doing it at a very discounted rate but still profitable on my end.

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BFeinstein View Post
    Have already discussed that possibility and I have found that the reason there is a lack of personal trainers is due to FSU having their own gym and trainers. A lot of people are now swaying away from the gym due to it being packed 24/7. Was gonna possibly test the waters by doing it at a very discounted rate but still profitable on my end.
    Why not work for the school then?

You could discount your services and probably get some takers, but people tend to value things based on their relative price. You'll have plenty of late, no shows, and "I'll bring cash next session" type of clients. You'd have to decide if those headaches are worth your trouble.
    www.dreesperformance.com

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am in the process of starting my own personal training company when I go back up to college in a few weeks. There is a big niche there for personal training as there is a lack of. I attend Florida State University which has 40k+ students, and then there is schools such as FAMU and TCC on top of the surrounding community.

I have all the logistics already handled except for the gym that I am going to be using (emailing/calling them all to see the cheapest rent) and the pricing.

I have lost 80+ pounds, my dad was an NPC bodybuilder, and I have been lifting for a couple years now and have quite a bit of knowledge in the nutrition and lifting field. NASM certified as well.

My question is this; what is the best pricing for the following (advertising to a college market in which people are on tight budgets)?
    Why are you assuming college students are on a 'tight budget'? Not everyone's parents and grandparents are broke.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bear in mind that if all you do is one-on-one, you need 20 or so clients to fill your schedule. You should be able to find 20 kids willing and able out of 40,000 students.

More importantly, universities are staffed by people with educations and who are paid fairly well. An education is a good thing in a potential client, since while ignorant people won't pay for instruction (cf any discussion on the Misc about trainers), you find that experts value expertise.

Virtually wherever you are, there are people who are willing and able to pay for personal training. The question is reaching them.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not only what Kyle said, but also remember these are 'new' adults. Meaning, many have clean credit history's and plenty of available credit on their cards.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I trained all through college at texas tech
    rates were 40-60 depending on frequency

online 199 for 12 weeks
    ig- jwarrenfit

always respond to pms