TexasEric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Checking in, 40 lbs lighter

I have been doing low carb since Jan, and strict keto since April. It has been an interesting journey so far. I had a few set backs, but overall it has been good. I will probably stop at 50 lbs. At this rate I should be there in about a month. I am going to do some body fat testing in the next couple of days. To see how I have done.

Any advice on crossing back over to carbs. I am aware of keto rebound, and I know to stay low carb while adjusting back.

dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgessler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You don't love the 'keto high' enough to stay even though your friends & family think you've gone nuts? I'm addicted and will be keto for life. Less anxiety, depression, better moods, mental clarity, energy, etc.

It would certainly make sense that you would gain some weight back if you stopped, assuming you were pretty strict keto (<20-30g carbs).

TexasEric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dgessler View Post
    You don't love the 'keto high' enough to stay even though your friends & family think you've gone nuts? I'm addicted and will be keto for life. Less anxiety, depression, better moods, mental clarity, energy, etc.

It would certainly make sense that you would gain some weight back if you stopped, assuming you were pretty strict keto (<20-30g carbs).
    Honestly, don't I know what is up. I am making a post to share how I feel, so maybe it will help others. Plus I may get some good info as well in the responses.
    Keto is not fun any more, not like it was. I don't feel the high any more. Can clearly tell when I am out of ketosis, even without blood ketone strips. Which I do every morning. I am adapted to the point where I can go out of ketosis and not feel like sh@t. I do notice my thoughts are more muddled, and I am not as mentally sharp. But no massive hangover feeling like before. I also noticed my blood sugar is far more stable than before I started keto. I may have unknowingly had a problem before I did keto. Even while I am out of ketosis now, I can go 8 hours without eating and not feel sleepy or bad. My job is pretty horrible about letting me eat sometimes. I sure am catabolic as hell when this happens, but I have energy to function. I know this is strange to say. I can also FEEL when I get catabolic from not eating, after doing keto for so long. These are all observations I have made from being on this diet, and having a few set back along the way since January.

What I am getting at is, I didn't know some of the benefits of do doing keto would stay with me when I am not in ketosis.

Currently, I have let my self go out of ketosis since Sunday. I am debating on going back in for the last 10 lbs.

I plan on doing keto seasonally, maybe 6 consecutive months out of the year, or something to that effect. I believe many of us are clearly biologically designed to operate this way. I know I am. I may just end up taking a week or 2 off, and having kill myself to get back into ketosis again.

I will post again when I am in Keto, and have lost the last 10 pounds.