Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)

Building Basement Gym for kids, me

Great section.

I have been lifting a good 15 years but never too heavy. Currently do only dumbbells for chest but still squat 2 times a week. Have been a gym goer forever. With my kids getting near teenage years planning to buy stuff for home. Putting down gym mats and thinking of the following equipment. Hopefully I build it right the first time so not that worried about the lowest cost but I am price shopping but want high quality stuff. Recently I took my kids away and they would not miss a day not in the weight room so they are ready to start lifting and would like to be able to get stuff they can use. Also the more I notice it the gym is getting annoying as same few people just talk so loud and I waste a lot of time going back and forth on a tight schedule.

I plan on getting the Tuff Stuff Lat Machine RLM-855Ws with weight stack.

Also looking into the Hudson Power Cage as many local dealers in NJ area sell this close to half of what is listed about $680 and seems pretty good includes dip

https://www.hudsonsteelco.com/produc...on-power-cage/

In addition, the basics like dumbbells,etc.

any opinions or help appreciated.

Separating the lat machine and cage not an issue as I have about 800 square feet although in some areas ceiling a bit low.

also I am looking if possible for a leg press and other things. the more I look at craigslist the more I want.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Evan, congratulations on your decision and good luck with your home gym. If done right, you'll never, ever want to work out at "real" gym again. Read the stickies. Check out the cheapo threat. Look at the thread with pics of people's home gyms. Ask some more questions after you've educated your self. That rack looks good, but there may be others out there that have a higher weight limit and are the same price or cheaper. Get a good bar, get a good flat bench, if you want to save money. Buy used when you can until you know what you want for sure. Buying used at the right price means you can sell at the same price and not lose money for the lessons learned. Go cheap on plates, if you have to go cheap anywhere.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you looked into something like the titan t3 for your rack? Could save you a couple hundred bucks that you could put towards other equipment.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #76 (RH) ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #98 []---[]

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    Also looking into the Hudson Power Cage as many local dealers in NJ area sell this close to half of what is listed about $680 and seems pretty good includes dip

https://www.hudsonsteelco.com/produc...on-power-cage/.
    I would not touch that rack even if it were a couple hundred dollars less expensive.

The captive safeties and bar hooks mean that you will not be able to easily add options to that rack. You may want a monolift or strap safeties later on. How about a better pullup bar? And that 750 lb weight limit tells me it is weak. You can buy much better new for the same price or less.

Read the Sticky: The Official Power Rack Thread - August 2010 version before buying a rack.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the reply. For the non heavy lifter is there a rack you would recommend with the goal of getting one rack now and not again. Having lifted for over 15 years I know I will not need over 750 and my kids are really just starting out with the oldest at 13 but more of a runner than a lifter but this will provide good training for him. My current squat is 185 and while I used to go heavier up to 235 still no where near 750.

Yet I would rather buy once the first time and do it right than be buying and selling on CL for the rack. I do intend to use cL for other equipment.

jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hate having to repeat myself....

https://www.titan.fitness/hd-power-rack.html
    ()---() York Barbell Club #76 (RH) ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #98 []---[]

Thanks I will consider Titan but I read some reviews about it not being of great workmanship and things like paint peeling over time. Over the long run paying more is not an issue . Any other recommendations appreciated.

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the reply. For the non heavy lifter is there a rack you would recommend with the goal of getting one rack now and not again. Having lifted for over 15 years I know I will not need over 750 and my kids are really just starting out with the oldest at 13 but more of a runner than a lifter but this will provide good training for him. My current squat is 185 and while I used to go heavier up to 235 still no where near 750.

Yet I would rather buy once the first time and do it right than be buying and selling on CL for the rack. I do intend to use cL for other equipment.
    Evan those load limits are static loads not dynamic. Dropping 185lbs from a few inches could easily exceed 750lbs of force. Here in this forum we don't pay much attention to those numbers. What you want at a minimum is an 11 gauge rack from a reputable supplier (rogue, legend, titan) that has a standard tube geometry so you can add accessories down the line. Based on your initial post your budget is in the right place you just need to read around this forum to learn what is right for you.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks I will consider Titan but I read some reviews about it not being of great workmanship and things like paint peeling over time. Over the long run paying more is not an issue . Any other recommendations appreciated.
    I think you're making a good decision, a home gym is a great investment. As you say, now is the time to do your research and get things right first time, I've made many mistakes along the way, this forum has helped me to learn one invaluable lesson, invest in the best equipment you can afford.
    The rack will form the cornerstone of your gym, so it's important to get things right. A 6 post rack with weight storage is a good option, if you have sufficient space and funds allow.
    If cost is not your main consideration, rack wise, I think Rogue offers a quality product, 3"x2" and 3"x3", 11 gauge tube , with a number of rack configurations and a large number of attachments. My personal preference is Legend, price wise Legend is on a par with Rogue's RM line, Rogue offers a little more versatility, while Imo Legend wins out on build quality and stability, to be honest you couldn't go wrong with either brand.
    Of course there are many other fine cheaper, and more expensive options out there, good luck with the project.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    then get a rogue 3x3 11 gauge rack, you will be glad you did

I wouldnt put a limit of 750lbs for your kids, they may surprise you
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Titan T-3 rack is a good option, and I am also a big fan of the Body Solid Powerline PPR200X rack which is the rack that I have had in my home gym for 10+ years with a ton of heavy lifting and no signs of any issues. (also only $320 including shipping)

For the lat pulldown I would look for one that is a row/pulldown combination and plate-loaded rather than a stack, and see if you can find one used that is perhaps slightly higher quality than the entry-level ones. The reason for this is that you are going to pay a lot of money for a weight stack and it is a redundant investment since you are already purchasing plates. I personally have a Nautilus home-gym quality setup that I am very happy with, and I think I paid $150 for it on Craigslist.

When it comes to weights I would start off with spin-lock dumbbells and standard plates for your dumbbell movements (can get two pairs of handles so you are not constantly changing weights), and a spin-lock curl bar is typically inexpensive as well. In addition to this I would look for a 300 lbs olympic barbell set - CAP is usually a good option and you can find them under $200 including shipping (Walmart had a deal recently) as long as you are not in a hurry.

You'll also want an adjustable bench, and again you probably want to go one step up from the lowest cost options so that you don't have to replace it in a couple of years. Used commercial-grade adjustable benches can be found from equipment re-sellers, and if you are sticking with new equipment then I would just look at the weight rating and the sturdiness of the design.

Here is a quick 'punch list':

- Power Rack | $325 - $425
    - 300 lbs Olympic Set | $185
    - Spin Lock Dumbbell Set (with enough weight to make 50 lbs dumbbells) | $100 /// + Curl Bar ($25)
    - (4) Horse Stall Mats (for flooring) | $160
    - Adjustable Bench | $200-250
    - Lat Pulldown / Low Row | $250
    - Dip Stand (if you wanted to add this) | $50 on Amazon

You may also want to look at getting a few resistance bands (EliteFTS is a good source when they have sales) to be used for things like push-downs, assisted pull-ups, etc.

Another home gym piece that I really like is a sled. You can make one with an old tire and some chain, or you can buy one for around $75. This adds a few options for lower body training (forward/backward drags) and could be fun to do with the kids. My son is only two years old and loves dragging a chain up and down the driveway when I do my sled work.

In terms of order of purchases I would get the power rack, bench, and olympic weight set around the same time and then next would be the dumbbells... the stall mats, pulldown, and other items could be purchased later.

Hope this helps!
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Body-Solid GPR-378, Bodycraft 430(?) or PowerTec's rack. All are good. Rogue makes a good flat bench, as does Body-Solid. Body-Solid also has some good flat-incline benches.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great section.

I have been lifting a good 15 years but never too heavy. Currently do only dumbbells for chest but still squat 2 times a week. Have been a gym goer forever.
    One thing to consider is that setting up a home gym involves a learning curve because it is a lot different than working out at a commercial gym. It is commendable to try to get it "right" the first time, but I think it is unrealistic. The primary issues are space and cost. If you have lots of space and unlimited funds, you can duplicate what you like about commercial gyms. Few of us fit in that category. So, there will be compromises. Oftentimes it takes experience to determine which compromises you are willing to live with. You can find guidance on this forum, but I doubt that there are few who have lifted in their home gym for years without changing out at least some equipment. That is why many suggest buy used at first.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd start with Titan as an inexpensive starting point. If you like it, you can add to it and frankenrack (I believe someone on this forum has done that) it up to make it double sided in the future (Or even buy a second one if needed for all three of you). Starting with a Titan rack will give you time to see what you and your kids want. If everyone sticks with it, loves lifting and works out together you can expand and upgrade in the future

This may be jumping the gun on investment but you said it is for you and your two children and there is 800 sq ft available. Perhaps look at some double sided racks if you really want to drop some money: http://legendfitness.com/product/triple-power-cage-2/
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone here with feedback on this used Cybex rack in OPs area: https://cnj.craigslist.org/spo/d/cyb...221513113.html

If you're in NJ the NJ/NY area seems to be really good for Craigslist (or check the ******** marketplace) and you'll likely find good deals for a rack, weights, bars and a bench.
    Post questions in this thread and people will give you good feedback
    {5'7" and under #1}

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Evan - you're in Jersey? Where exactly?

Jersey has a very nice used market and you should have no problem finding a very nice, quality rack for less than that Hudson goes for new.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Anyone here with feedback on this used Cybex rack in OPs area: https://cnj.craigslist.org/spo/d/cyb...221513113.html
    Cybex doesn't make junk, it's a quality rack. The only issue may be that the sides are fully welded, included weigh storage area, so maneuvering it into a basement could be an issue. If OP has a walkout, should not be an issue. $550 is high for that one - it is quality, but not very popular, I have seen them go for around $300
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

I have seen these racks before - there are some that look like it that are made with 12ga steel, but some of these are commercial racks too.

If it's 11ga for $150 this rack looks solid

https://cnj.craigslist.org/spo/d/pow...245109115.html
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500)
    These adjustable dumbells are badass and will save a lot of space:

http://www.ironmaster.com/categories...s-kettlebells/

They are solid steel and don't shake or shift when tightened. Expensive but I can't recommend them enough..

I haven't had a gym membership in years and I basically have:

Iron Master Dumbbells(up to 120 pounds in each arm)
    Pullup bar(Weight Vest)
    Bench(adjustable decline through incline)
    Human Trainer(no joke the best ab exercise I ever experienced)

Next Possible Purchase: Dip Station(trying to train for muscle ups)

If you really want to encourage your teenagers put a large TV/Stereo System in the gym. I honestly have no problem working out consistently partly because I get to workout with a 50 inch TV in front of me and watch netflix, etc.
    Last edited by Goingviking; 08-09-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Evan - you're in Jersey? Where exactly?

Jersey has a very nice used market and you should have no problem finding a very nice, quality rack for less than that Hudson goes for new.
    I am near NYC but wiling to travel within around 100 miles

I am near NYC but wiling to travel within around 100 miles
    Then you should be able to put together a great gym off of CL if you want to go that route
    {5'7" and under #1}

surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be much on there currently.

But watch Craigslist daily - you will find a good deal on a rack in that market.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

If you can make it down to outside Philly, this is a full commercial rack. Very basic, but you'll never outgrow it.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...221061914.html
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    If you can make it down to outside Philly, this is a full commercial rack. Very basic, but you'll never outgrow it.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...221061914.html
    Would three inch spacing be the way to go since it will be him and two kids? Between different sizes and growing kids that spacing may be tedious. Of course, it may also be just fine
    {5'7" and under #1}

I think spacing is overrated and completely dependent on so many factors (where the holes start, height of bench, etc).

You can always adjust spacing with a couple pieces of plywood if really necessary.
    And with two teenagers, I think spacing is actually LESS of an issue as they are there for a lift off and spot if necessary.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Thanks for your help so far.

what are your thoughts on the following prices all Used (considering all)
    personally I know the lat row can be done with the Tuff Stuff on the floor but for me close to 50 years not nearly as comfortable
    in addition I prefer T Bar Row with a chest support and the one I saw has this. I know this is not needed but a preference

Cybex Lat Row VR2 maybe the eagle edition $300 2 grips inside and outside selectorized
    cybex preacher curl eagle edition $300 (would not pay that much) selectorized (hoping to package both cybex at once)

preacher curl commerical grade $200
    Magnum T Bar Row $350 with chest support
    Life Fitness leg extension asking $550 but would consider paying a little more than half

also for a Rogue bar what percentage of new would you pay?

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you wanted a T-Bar the Strength Shop one is on sale right now for $200 (never used one, but price seems fair):

https://www.strengthshopusa.com/ches...row-bench.html

For the used Rogue bar it would depend on which model and the condition, but I would say around $100 is fair.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post
    If you wanted a T-Bar the Strength Shop one is on sale right now for $200 (never used one, but price seems fair):

Wow that seems like a great price

ETA: $229.99 for a nice looking sissy squat?

Anyone ever buy from this place?
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

-Wendler

Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post

For the used Rogue bar it would depend on which model and the condition, but I would say around $100 is fair.
    Thanks

It is an echo 2.0

I am thinking of getting the Body Solid GPR378 as I can get for $450 new shipped. I have been monitoring CL for a few weeks now and have picked up plates, dumbbells and other stuff that I don't mind used. My only concern with the GPR378 is am I missing out on certain exercises down the road by not having a Rogue. Since I am used to commercial gyms I am not that familiar with what I would do on a power rack besides the obvious exercises. What more could I do with a Rogue R4 as compared to the GPR378 as in a way I would rather pay more upfront and buy once than keep upgrading and selling etc. I would only be able to get the R4 at 84 height but money really is not a factor.

I have been an early morning 5 am gym goer for years and I would expect to likely at least for now keep gym membership for certain doing some bodyparts.

If it were easier I would even bring my boys to gym but since there are 3 of them and after work the last thing I want to do is go to the gym I am making the investment in this home gym even though at first I would think I will go to gym for legs and back workouts due to the variety of equipment.

For now, they are doing dumbbells but since this will be nearly 800 sq. feet with a gym type mat floor I want to have some good use of it as well as just having dumbbells with 800 sq. feet seems a waste and they may get bored of dumbbells as they are already asking for more variety.

Any feedback if I will not be able to do certain exercises by not having a Rogue would be helpful. If it matters, I am not a power lifter type.