Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000)

Kabuki Strength Power and Squat Bars

Kabuki has been hinting at their upcoming power bar for some time now and they just recently announced that they will be releasing a squat bar along with it.

A little bird told me (i.e. the Kabuki CS lol) that the pre-order for both should go live either late this week or early next with a 12 week lead time on those orders.

This is what I know so far:

Power Bar will be IPF spec and is supposed to be much more durable than the comparable models (they showed a video where their bar shredded a competitor's bar).

Squat Bar will be 8' long and will be 25kg with the same durability standard as the power bar.

The duffalo is one of the most well made bars I own/have trained with. Anyone else really interested in these bars?

Anyone want to make some guesses about the price these will be after the pre-order?

I believe the pre-order sales are typically 10% off of regular price, so it may be worth grabbing one when the pre-order opens.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #76 (RH) ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #98 []---[]

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Kabuki has been hinting at their upcoming power bar for some time now and they just recently announced that they will be releasing a squat bar along with it.

A little bird told me (i.e. the Kabuki CS lol) that the pre-order for both should go live either late this week or early next with a 12 week lead time on those orders.

This is what I know so far:

Power Bar will be IPF spec and is supposed to be much more durable than the comparable models (they showed a video where their bar shredded a competitor's bar).

Squat Bar will be 8' long and will be 25kg with the same durability standard as the power bar.

The duffalo is one of the most well made bars I own/have trained with. Anyone else really interested in these bars?

Anyone want to make some guesses about the price these will be after the pre-order?

I believe the pre-order sales are typically 10% off of regular price, so it may be worth grabbing one when the pre-order opens.
    Not much interest on my end. I'm sure they'll be fine bars but ultimately, overpriced. Pretty sure the PB will be in the mid $500 range. As far as shredding the competition, I've never seen one of his bar competitors fail in any meet ever, so unsure why he'd want his bar to be so overbuilt? I'm a fan of my Duffalo Bar as well, but I can't see myself ever buying another one of his products.

jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000) jimbuick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    Not much interest on my end. I'm sure they'll be fine bars but ultimately, overpriced. Pretty sure the PB will be in the mid $500 range. As far as shredding the competition, I've never seen one of his bar competitors fail in any meet ever, so unsure why he'd want his bar to be so overbuilt? I'm a fan of my Duffalo Bar as well, but I can't see myself ever buying another one of his products.
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. I think he wants the knurling to last better on his bars. I'm not sure how big of an issue that really is though.

I have the shoulderok and duffalo, and I am happy with both; although, I would like them to be less expensive.

Honestly, I am expecting the IPF bar to be closer to the $1,000 range like the Eleiko. That is the type of bar they seem like they are trying to compete with, so $500 would be a huge savings compared to that.

I'm honestly more interested in the squat bar than the power bar though. I'm in the market for one right now. If the cost isn't absurd, I will likely pre-order one.

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depending on price I may be interested in the squat bar. I'd really like to add the duffalo bar to my training but haven't been able to pull the trigger because of how expensive it is even with all the praise it gets on here.
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #33 [M]===[6]

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no stainless no care.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    no stainless no care.
    Lol. I have similar thoughts.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Flipping through the posts on Chris's ********, the bar looks to be 255k tensile strength, but not suffer from embrittlement (his words).

If I had to speculate, this isn't going to be a $1000 bar or anywhere near it. The Black Oxide Duffalo is $700 off sale. I cannot see this bar being $300 more. I can see $400 +/- $50. It's not as much machining as the Duffalo or as complicated as their transformer bar. We'll see, but that's my guess.

As for interest, everyone here knows I like Chris's products. It's no secret. From a powerlifting perspective...
    I haven't competed in powerlifting for too long, but if I knew what bars were being used in a local meet, regional, nationals (if I qualified), I'd be hard pressed to buy a bar that's not going to be used, especially on the local/regional level. I know this doesn't effect most people on the forum, but it is something to consider if you compete. I wonder how Chris will get his bars out there for meets.

Most people reading this won't care about my above statement. You guys are going to want to compare this bar to whatever is out there in it's price bracket, right?
    If my pricestimation is on point, what bars would you consider?
    1. Ohio Power Bar, all variants including stainless steel. ($275 bare, $325 20kg version/westside 2.0 version, $375ish for the SS, as per Rogue's statements)
    2. American Barbell Elite Power Bar (SS w/ chrome sleeves) ($450)
    3. Texas Power Bar ($280ish + shipping) (I know some people will still buy this bar)
    4. ??? (please add to this list)

If this bar is in the $600 range, we get a strange combination of bars:
    1. Ivanko OBX-20kg (personally, I'd look at Rogue over this bar) ($545+)
    2. American Barbell Cerakote Mammoth Power Bar ($550)
    3. ???

As other's have said, perhaps $1000
    1. Elieko Powerlifting training bar ($850)
    2. Elieko Powerlifting competition bar ($950)
    3. Ivanko OBXS-20kg 29mm ($1155+)

I don't see anyone buying any of the last 5 bars I listed new, unless they need an Eleiko for training if they use the bar in competition.
    With the SS OPB on the way, is anyone remotely interested in Kabuki's new bar? Doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm.

I am curious about the squat bar, but I'm holding my breath till we know if it's SS and price.
    What bars are you guys going to compare against it?
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

I don't really get the SS love to be honest. What is the deal with it? I personally prefer raw steel finishes, even though they will rust in Houston.

As for the price, I don't think it will be worth $1k, but Kabuki has always been really proud of their equipment and they seem to be going after that market.

SK, I will likely be comparing the squat bar to the bulldog (even though it is longer/heavier) or Texas price range. Most meets in my area use one of these two. I know that Iron Wolfe is going back into production too, and I have put some thought into dropping the coin for one of those when they are available.

I don't really care to have the exact bar that will be used in competition. If it has the same specs as the competition bars, but is higher quality, or will wear better over time, then I would prefer to have it.

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. I think he wants the knurling to last better on his bars. I'm not sure how big of an issue that really is though.
    I don't really care to have the exact bar that will be used in competition. If it has the same specs as the competition bars, but is higher quality, or will wear better over time, then I would prefer to have it.
    I am curious why you are focusing on durability and wear of a bar. What bars have you been using that are not durable or that wear out?

I've bought many used, commercial gym bars over the years. The only worn knurling I've seen is where the bar is racked on steel j-hooks. That is easily prevented, as many here line their hooks. I've also seen bent bars. They were typically bent from abuse, such as rack pulls with the loaded bar dropped on the pins. Other than that, only minimal maintenance is needed for almost any quality bar to be durable and last a very long time.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unless something has changed, back on April 10th they posted on their ******** page that the IPF power bar would be in the $500-600 range, Stainless steel, but zinc coated (?), 250 PSI, 28.5mm, with "Indestructible" knurl. I'm sure the squat bar will be similar, but thicker, longer, and more expensive.

I'd definitely be down for bare steel, if that helps the price come down. But it's obvious why people prefer stainless.. same great feel, but no rust to deal with. I'm curious to see how these bars sell. There may be a market for the squat bar since the Iron Wolfe stuff is gone, but the power bar market is pretty competitive these days. I mean what would make you buy a Kabuki power bar for $550-ish over a $250 Rogue Ohio Power Bar? Maybe the stainless?? Ok, but is that worth $300 more? Plus Rogue is coming out with theirs "soon" that will definitely be cheaper than 500. How about the "indestructible" knurl?? Don't we all have lined j-hooks these days? Maybe it's the 250k steel?? Is 205k not enough for anyone? Maybe once you squat over 500, that matters? I sure wouldn't know.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what all the hype is about and where the price will end up.. These bars are definitely outta my league for what I need, but I hope someone here can buy either one and report back. (Jim, Pre-Order one!!)
    Last edited by thejosef; 08-08-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post
    I am curious why you are focusing on durability and wear of a bar. What bars have you been using that are not durable or that wear out?

I've bought many used, commercial gym bars over the years. The only worn knurling I've seen is where the bar is racked on steel j-hooks. That is easily prevented, as many here line their hooks. I've also seen bent bars. They were typically bent from abuse, such as rack pulls with the loaded bar dropped on the pins. Other than that, only minimal maintenance is needed for almost any quality bar to be durable and last a very long time.
    I know that Duffin pushes this as something worth while. I don't get it.

I have used my Ivanko OBX-20kg on j-cups w/o UHMW for 16 years. You'd be hard press to see where the j-cups came into contact with the knurling, at least on the bar. It chews through every j-cup the bar has been on. Interestingly, the black oxide coating, which people claim wears quickly has even wear throughout due to humidity, but doesn't show a difference between j-cup & non j-cup contact.

The metal just have to be harder than the j-cup metal. Otherwise, you're just chasing numbers.

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I have used my Ivanko OBX-20kg on j-cups w/o UHMW for 16 years. You'd be hard press to see where the j-cups came into contact with the knurling, at least on the bar. It chews through every j-cup the bar has been on. Interestingly, the black oxide coating, which people claim wears quickly has even wear throughout due to humidity, but doesn't show a difference between j-cup & non j-cup contact.
    That is pretty impressive right there man. One, that you've been using that bar for 16 years, and two, that the coating doesn't even show wear where it contacts the metal j-cup.

Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post

I only bring it up because it seems to be Duffin's main selling point. My oldest bar is only 5 years old, so I don't know how well they wear over time (besides my york, but I don't know what it was like new).

Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Unless something has changed, back on April 10th they posted on their ******** page that the IPF power bar would be in the $500-600 range, Stainless steel, but zinc coated (?), 250 PSI, 28.5mm, with "Indestructible" knurl. I'm sure the squat bar will be similar, but thicker, longer, and more expensive.

I'd definitely be down for bare steel, if that helps the price come down. But it's obvious why people prefer stainless.. same great feel, but no rust to deal with. I'm curious to see how these bars sell. There may be a market for the squat bar since the Iron Wolfe stuff is gone, but the power bar market is pretty competitive these days. I mean what would make you buy a Kabuki power bar for $550-ish over a $250 Rogue Ohio Power Bar? Maybe the stainless?? Ok, but is that worth $300 more? Plus Rogue is coming out with theirs "soon" that will definitely be cheaper than 500. How about the "indestructible" knurl?? Don't we all have lined j-hooks these days? Maybe it's the 250k steel?? Is 205k not enough for anyone? Maybe once you squat over 500, that matters? I sure wouldn't know.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what all the hype is about and where the price will end up.. These bars are definitely outta my league for what I need, but I hope someone here can buy either one and report back. (Jim, Pre-Order one!!)
    The 250k steel is interesting for the power bar. Will that help it be less whippy for very heavy squats (like Sumner's)? If so, I could see this being legitimately useful if they get IPF certified.

The squat bars I have seen are not very whippy at all, even with extreme weights, but stiffer is still better for that.

I'm interested primarily because my long term goal is to open my gym up in a warehouse and run meets out of it. If this squat bar is going to be comparable in price, but significantly stiffer, than others then it would be worth it for me.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't really get the SS love to be honest. What is the deal with it? I personally prefer raw steel finishes, even though they will rust in Houston.
    You answered your own question - it's a raw finish (no plating or coating) that won't rust.
    Garage Gym Owner

Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The 250k steel is interesting for the power bar. Will that help it be less whippy for very heavy squats (like Sumner's)? If so, I could see this being legitimately useful if they get IPF certified.

The squat bars I have seen are not very whippy at all, even with extreme weights, but stiffer is still better for that.

I'm interested primarily because my long term goal is to open my gym up in a warehouse and run meets out of it. If this squat bar is going to be comparable in price, but significantly stiffer, than others then it would be worth it for me.
    i really like my duffalo bar and shoulderok and duffin puts out some decent content so I dont have anything against Kabuki

However, I honestly dont see their 20kg power bar becoming widely used in IPF affiliated comps. Eleiko seems to have a pretty solid marketshare for most comps and then rogue gear is now IPF certified as well and I think they used it at the arnolds this year? Kabuki would have to price it very competitively and i can't see that happening based off the price point of other kabuki products. I know ill be waiting for the 20kg rogue SS OPB.

The squat bar if its somewhat affordable might get a better marketshare over the texas squat bar if its a little thicker and less whippy with super heavy weights.

Either way, ill look definently look in to them when more details are released.

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    You answered your own question - it's a raw finish (no plating or coating) that won't rust.
    I guess, but they are just too damn expensive imo.

Plus, I kind of like the patina.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess, but they are just too damn expensive imo.

Plus, I kind of like the patina.
    Depends on the company - Rogue's Ohio Bar is a $68 premium for SS over Zinc. AB is $125 premium for their Gym Bar and Bearing Bar.

To each his own, but I would think you would be in the minority for wanting rust on your bar.
    Garage Gym Owner

Mountain Dew Strong Hallowedlunch's Avatar
    Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just bought a Rogue stainless in the boneyard for 206.00 shipped. Keep an eye out, and quality SS won't break the bank.
    Oh, and as for the Kabuki bars:
    "The retail price for the Power Bar is $599, and the Squat Bar is $699.
    Pre-orders of both bars are discounted 10% off the retail price, so the Power Bar is $540 and the Squat Bar is $630 during this pre-sale period."
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #30 ||---||
    ▪[M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #22 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #92 []---[]
    <//>─<\\> BWTG Cluster #8 <//>─<\\>

Originally Posted by Hallowedlunch View Post
    I just bought a Rogue stainless in the boneyard for 206.00 shipped. Keep an eye out, and quality SS won't break the bank.
    Oh, and as for the Kabuki bars:
    "The retail price for the Power Bar is $599, and the Squat Bar is $699.
    Pre-orders of both bars are discounted 10% off the retail price, so the Power Bar is $540 and the Squat Bar is $630 during this pre-sale period."
    The rogue is an oly bar, not a power bar.

Where did you see that posted?

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    Depends on the company - Rogue's Ohio Bar is a $68 premium for SS over Zinc. AB is $125 premium for their Gym Bar and Bearing Bar.

To each his own, but I would think you would be in the minority for wanting rust on your bar.
    The only SS IPF bars I know of are in the $1k range. It will be different when the Rogue SS OPB comes out. Although, based on their track record, I imagine theirs will be significantly cheaper than the other available options.

You are probably right about that.

Thanks for pulling up that info. I think I was the one that posted that (correct me if I'm wrong). The numbers look right.
    28.5mm is still odd. I guess for deadlifting it's fine, but bench & squat on a world class level seems, painful. Yeah, the squat bar must be 29mm if he's keeping it to IPF standards (not that it'll matter since you have to use 1 bar in a meet). If his bar is 30mm or so, I want to see how it compares to the Iron Wolfe (not a fair comparison, but I'm curious about knurling).

I'm with you. The Westside 2.0 Bar is still on my short list (everyone has an OPB & I like the black on black). I'm just mad that it's 45 lb & not a 20kg bar. Oh well, lol. $325 for either bar is a good deal. For what the SS version will cost, that gets a nod too.

The most I've squatted in training was 260kg/573, so basically knocking on the door of 600. With my Ivanko, the whip was very, very apparent. I still felt like it was ok, just another hurdle to teach me to be more stable. Would a more stable bar help? Yeah, lol. I know there's ppl here who've squatted way more than me with a 28mm bar, but I bet they'd say the same thing.

That is pretty impressive right there man. One, that you've been using that bar for 16 years, and two, that the coating doesn't even show wear where it contacts the metal j-cup.
    You know me, I keep my gear. lol.
    Yeah, it cut into my j-cups significantly. I'm actually concerned about these bars and UHMW. I've never used UHMW covered j-cups, but I'd expect these bars to scrape down the plastic. I'm just hoping swapping out the material is easy.

I'm surprised that the IPF hasn't created an IPF squat bar standard since we are seeing insane weights these days between Summer & Ray Williams, there's a need.

Oh, about the finish,
    As much as I like my raw duffalo (mostly b/c its 26kg, which is weird & I like it, lol), I'd strongly consider a SS variation if it was offered just because the bar would always look pristine & I wouldn't have to maintain it. I hate wasting time doing that. TBH, if companies just got their **** together & made knurling that would still be sharp with a coating, this topic wouldn't come up a lot.

Thanks for pulling up that info. I think I was the one that posted that (correct me if I'm wrong). The numbers look right.
    28.5mm is still odd. I guess for deadlifting it's fine, but bench & squat on a world class level seems, painful. Yeah, the squat bar must be 29mm if he's keeping it to IPF standards (not that it'll matter since you have to use 1 bar in a meet). If his bar is 30mm or so, I want to see how it compares to the Iron Wolfe (not a fair comparison, but I'm curious about knurling).

I'm with you. The Westside 2.0 Bar is still on my short list (everyone has an OPB & I like the black on black). I'm just mad that it's 45 lb & not a 20kg bar. Oh well, lol. $325 for either bar is a good deal. For what the SS version will cost, that gets a nod too.

The most I've squatted in training was 260kg/573, so basically knocking on the door of 600. With my Ivanko, the whip was very, very apparent. I still felt like it was ok, just another hurdle to teach me to be more stable. Would a more stable bar help? Yeah, lol. I know there's ppl here who've squatted way more than me with a 28mm bar, but I bet they'd say the same thing.

You know me, I keep my gear. lol.
    Yeah, it cut into my j-cups significantly. I'm actually concerned about these bars and UHMW. I've never used UHMW covered j-cups, but I'd expect these bars to scrape down the plastic. I'm just hoping swapping out the material is easy.

I'm surprised that the IPF hasn't created an IPF squat bar standard since we are seeing insane weights these days between Summer & Ray Williams, there's a need.

Oh, about the finish,
    As much as I like my raw duffalo (mostly b/c its 26kg, which is weird & I like it, lol), I'd strongly consider a SS variation if it was offered just because the bar would always look pristine & I wouldn't have to maintain it. I hate wasting time doing that. TBH, if companies just got their **** together & made knurling that would still be sharp with a coating, this topic wouldn't come up a lot.
    I kind of expect the diameter of the squat bar to be a bit larger than that. The CS rep didn't say anything about it being IPF spec for that bar so there is no reason to have it be thinner.

I kind of expect the diameter of the squat bar to be a bit larger than that. The CS rep didn't say anything about it being IPF spec for that bar so there is no reason to have it be thinner.
    Oh I agree. Just speculating on if the IPF would make a lift specific bar & if they'd force makers to keep it to 29mm.
    I'd guess 30 to 32mm. I will say closer to 30mm as he claims he can keep the diameter down, but only time will tell.

Mountain Dew Strong Hallowedlunch's Avatar
    Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The rogue is an oly bar, not a power bar.
    Where did you see that posted?
    The Rogue is on Ohio, not an oLy bar, it's a hybrid. It has power hash marks as well as oly, and is 28.5 dia.
    And the knurl is great, it's not quite as deep as the 20kg Ohio Power Bar,(which I have in bare steel) but it is as sharp, It's sharper than the Texas Power Bar, (which I also own) the stainless Ohio is no joke. If the dedicated power bar is this nice, game over.
    It does lack center knurling, but that's why I bought it.
    As for the Kabuki bar info, I found it on Kabukis site. LINK
    https://kabukistrength.com/power-bar-squat-bar/
    Last edited by Hallowedlunch; 08-08-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #30 ||---||
    ▪[M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #22 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #92 []---[]
    <//>─<\\> BWTG Cluster #8 <//>─<\\>

Oh I agree. Just speculating on if the IPF would make a lift specific bar & if they'd force makers to keep it to 29mm.
    I'd guess 30 to 32mm. I will say closer to 30mm as he claims he can keep the diameter down, but only time will tell.
    If it is any thinner than 30, I probably won't buy one. The bulldog is the one I am most interested in ATM and it is just under 32mm IIRC.

I'd really like Iron Wolfe, but I'm not trying to wait around for them to start production (early next year I believe they said) and then drop $1100.

Edit: link is live (posted above) and shows it is 32mm

The Rogue is on Ohio, not an oLy bar, it's a hybrid. It has power hash marks as well as oly, and is 28.5 dia.
    And the knurl is great, it's not quite as deep as the 20kg Ohio Power Bar,( which I have in bare steel) but it is as sharp, It's sharper than the Texas Power Bar, (which I also own) the stainless Ohio is no joke. If the dedicated power bar is this nice, game over.
    https://kabukistrength.com/power-bar-squat-bar/
    Every bar that doesn't have center knurl is an oly bar.

Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And the knurl is great, it's not quite as deep as the 20kg Ohio Power Bar,(which I have in bare steel) but it is as sharp, It's sharper than the Texas Power Bar, (which I also own) the stainless Ohio is no joke. If the dedicated power bar is this nice, game over.
    Thanks for the link, wish they had some decent pictures of them.

I think ill give both of them a miss. Doesnt seem like the squat bar offers much more than the texas squat bar besides a higher tensile strength etc but costs a bit more.

Keen to read some reviews on them once they are released though.

Thanks for the link Jim. I'll read it when I'm not half awake, lol.
    $600 and $700 for a power and squat bar is pretty rich for my blood. I'd be considering the OPB & along with another bar. Man that's a lot of money. I get the Duffalo's cost as it's not as simple as just making a straight bar. I feel they priced themselves out of the market.

I am dying to know how deadlifting with this bar will feel. It's going to have very little flex.

Thanks for the link Jim. I'll read it when I'm not half awake, lol.
    $600 and $700 for a power and squat bar is pretty rich for my blood. I'd be considering the OPB & along with another bar. Man that's a lot of money. I get the Duffalo's cost as it's not as simple as just making a straight bar. I feel they priced themselves out of the market.

I am dying to know how deadlifting with this bar will feel. It's going to have very little flex.
    I can't take credit for the link, HallowedLunch posted it.

Deadlifting with their power bar would be tough. Would probably be good in training, but would likely limit competition deadlifts if used in a fed like the IPF.

I agree that it is on the expensive side when you look at the IPF certified OPB that sells in the $320 range IIRC. Might be worth it for people who squat close to 1,000lbs in IPF meets to train with though.

The squat bar doesn't seem that far off the mark to me, honestly. Especially at the pre-order pricing.

Consider:

Texas Squat Bar - $485
    Bulldog Squat Bar - $625
    Mastodon Squat Bar - $750

So, it is right in the range of it's competitors. Obviously, I'm not including any of the Iron Wolfe offerings there.