Tomowama is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lost vertical jump in a week??!? Help

Hello,
    Last week or so I could get my whole hand above a 10 foot rim. Now today all I could do is barely get my fingers over the rim. I play basketball everyday and I work out legs twice a week with 6 sets of heavy squats,6 sets of box jumps and 6 sets of depth jumps. I warmed up before jumping as well. Do you think it could be that my muscles aren't fully recovered and that's why I can't jump as high as I could?

Tomowama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also I forgot to mention when I jump it just feels like my legs aren't giving it it's all and that I could jump high. This is very frustrating for me and I try over and over and push my self but it just won't happen.

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    You definitely need to conduct further controlled experiments before you conclude that your "vertical has dropped." Maybe you were more recovered last week. Maybe you just happened to jump with better technique last week. Not every jump is going to be your highest, sometimes you'll jump a 30 inch vertical, sometimes 28, sometimes 34, sometimes even 25. Too many variables. I'd say don't stress it, unless you consistently see your performance suffer, don't worry. Keep grinding.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It could be inadequate recovery, CNS overload, muscle fatigue, failure to warm up properly, lack of mental focus.... or you could have had the very scientific "bad day". Quit kicking yourself, take a day or 2 off, and get back at it.