stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

High Stim-pre workout supplements causing acid reflux/GERD symptoms?

I've never had stomach/gastro-intestinal issues in my life until recently. I've been taking high stim pre-workout supplements pretty much everyday for the past year or so (I'm in the gym practically everyday). I've always taken high stim pre workouts with 400-500 mgs of caffeine like Mr. Hyde, Psychotic, Blackstone Labs Dust 2.0 (1.5 scoops), Total War from Redcon (1.5 scoops) and a mid-stim PWO called Condense but I take 2 scoops of it which is 400 mgs of caffeine as well. For the past few weeks, after I take a PWO, as soon as I step in the gym 15 minutes later, I feel the constant need to burp, a lumpy feeling in my throat that doesn't go away with frequent swallowing, chest pains and heartburn. I get bloated really easy after a small meal and a glass of water and sometimes experience regurgitation of food/liquids back up the eso****us. I'll sometimes feel stomach acid gets into my throat and it burns. It usually feels better when I lie down on my back.

From what I've read online, caffeine can cause acid reflux/GERD/other stomach problems and with I call my caffeine abuse, maybe that has weakened my LES, causing my stomach problems and acid reflux issues. I think this is true because I took a few days off from the gym with taking no pre workouts or caffeine and I felt my symptoms starting to go away. I was able to eat a big meal for once with little to no issues or discomfort. But, I went back to the gym today and took 2 scoops of Condense before the gym and felt the symptoms come right back with a vengeance as soon as I stepped in the gym. It was so bad that I had to leave the gym.

Is my frequent usage of high-stim pre workouts causing my stomach issues? Should I stay away from pre-workouts and caffeine altogether?

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    probably should stop use of all sups, if the issues continues after a few weeks would follow up with your doc.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    500mg at once is stupid. Stop doing that.

If it were me, first thing I would do is go on a complete stim break for at least a couple weeks, and go from there.

But I would never take 400+ to 500 mg of caffeine at time, either.

stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Can I still hopefully take whey, creatine and BCAAs?

blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, caffeine might exacerbate GERD. Just make a stim-break and later use lower doses of stims if needed.
    I lift things up and put them down...

**CountryMike Appreciation Crew**

I <3 Liquid Super Protein Aminos...

I <3 Keto bomb...

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stonecold9120 View Post
    Can I still hopefully take whey, creatine and BCAAs?
    Have you tried using a single scoop? Do you notice this from coffee and energy drinks?

I highly doubt it's the caffeine, sounds more like a bad reaction to the flavoring or a specific ingredient
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 08-06-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are a lot of preworkouts that give me heartburn, I havnt nailed down the ingredient yet. I thought it was citrulline but Quake has a ton of citrulline and doesn't cause me any heartburn.

Not trying to sell you on Quake what I'm saying is if you think it's a certain ingredient causing you issues (caffeine) eliminate that ingredient and experiment to see what is your cause.
    ___----Xtend Representative----___

alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have had the same experience as ^^

Some pres give me really bad reflux, others are fine. I also can't nail down which ingredient is causing it. I have just learned to avoid the brands that are giving me trouble. I know it isn't the caffeine, as I do fine with other sources, including strong coffee. Granted it isn't in as high of a dose as a pre. I don't ever take a pre that has more than 300 mg of caffeine total.

Your experience should give you a really good clue. If you avoided pres and stims for a time and felt your issues go away, you are headed in the right direction.
    Don't wish for it, work for it! "One More"

Registered User CatabolicWindow's Avatar
    CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100) CatabolicWindow is not very well liked. (-100)
    Idk about all that man.

But for me, when I take a few scoops too many of a high stim pwo the stim dick is so bad I can't even find my cock to take a piss.

Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Caffeine alone, not even in that amount, can cause this.

You know exactly what you have to do here, take a stim break so you can feel your pre at less than 2-3x the serving size lol
    PEScience representative and associate.
    Feel free to PM or email me with any and all associated questions.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html
    https://pescience.com/insider

Instagram- Whey2Bake

LoyalKhan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Totally true

Originally Posted by stonecold9120 View Post
    I've never had stomach/gastro-intestinal issues in my life until recently. I've been taking high stim pre-workout supplements pretty much everyday for the past year or so (I'm in the gym practically everyday). I've always taken high stim pre workouts with 400-500 mgs of caffeine like Mr. Hyde, Psychotic, Blackstone Labs Dust 2.0 (1.5 scoops), Total War from Redcon (1.5 scoops) and a mid-stim PWO called Condense but I take 2 scoops of it which is 400 mgs of caffeine as well. For the past few weeks, after I take a PWO, as soon as I step in the gym 15 minutes later, I feel the constant need to burp, a lumpy feeling in my throat that doesn't go away with frequent swallowing, chest pains and heartburn. I get bloated really easy after a small meal and a glass of water and sometimes experience regurgitation of food/liquids back up the eso****us. I'll sometimes feel stomach acid gets into my throat and it burns. It usually feels better when I lie down on my back.

From what I've read online, caffeine can cause acid reflux/GERD/other stomach problems and with I call my caffeine abuse, maybe that has weakened my LES, causing my stomach problems and acid reflux issues. I think this is true because I took a few days off from the gym with taking no pre workouts or caffeine and I felt my symptoms starting to go away. I was able to eat a big meal for once with little to no issues or discomfort. But, I went back to the gym today and took 2 scoops of Condense before the gym and felt the symptoms come right back with a vengeance as soon as I stepped in the gym. It was so bad that I had to leave the gym.

Is my frequent usage of high-stim pre workouts causing my stomach issues? Should I stay away from pre-workouts and caffeine altogether?

I was taking the Black Bombs pre-workout/fat burner and I could feel this tightness in my chest during workouts. I had an episode once when I would have a lot of trouble breathing. I went to the gp straight away and he said I was actually hyperventilating. And from then on it kept happening every-time I took them. I stopped after a while but ever since, 2 years ago, I get the same thing even without taking them now.
    I went through a lot of medical tests to try to find out why I had this breathing problem and after 2 years I found out that I got heartburn and the acid is aspirated into my lungs through my voice box. I causes spasm and closes the voice box which makes me breath a lot harder.
    I never had heartburn before that or any symptoms related to it. I took pre-workouts before for years, but apparently the very strong ones can cause that stomach ring to stay open especially during exercise.
    Now I have to wait 4-5 hours for my stomach to empty before I can exercise. It’s worth mentioning that my mrs took it too and didn’t get this problem, but she quit after a while as they were too strong.

Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Guns_On_Fire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    FLEX by Animal is triggering bad acid reflux for me right now...At least it has a few ingredients for me to test now. Has anyone discovered what it is causing them this issue? Not sure whats up. Resurrecting this threat after 2 years haha classy.
    TAMING THE BEAST WITHIN!

csquassi91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’ve recently been diagnosed with acid reflux as my stomach got really bad and developed an ulcer. Like many of u, I am also trying to figure this out I’ve taken Animal Flex for my joints for years and never had a problem. Now that I have a problem...I think the yellow pill is mustard powder and that seems to cauz irritation. That said..it didn’t start this disaster. I think that going to the gym at 5:30am before work and Drinking pre-workout after only eating some oatmeal caused all of this. Not definite but I think it was a big contributor. I use C4 ultimate. (It’s a great pre workout). Figured I’d chime in. Currently on proton inhibitor aka acid reducer, stopped supps for 4 weeks. Back on them again and noticing my stomach hurting again after the pre workout.

Suggestions welcome