SamanthaLWhite is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First time bikini competition Olympia

Return to the Olympia
    So, since Bodybuilding.com began to promote the return to the Olympia challenge, I have progressively preparing my mindset to compete. The only thing, I have never competed in a fitness competition. I started to look more into it and found out that you have to qualify to compete. How and where do you start the process? Can you compete for the first time in the Olympia??? I began to somewhat prepare for the September 15 2017 competition but, I am not sure now. Any informational advise would be great. Also, does anyone know of s reputable competition pose coach, class, or etc for Northern California?

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SamanthaLWhite View Post
    Return to the Olympia
    So, since Bodybuilding.com began to promote the return to the Olympia challenge, I have progressively preparing my mindset to compete. The only thing, I have never competed in a fitness competition. I started to look more into it and found out that you have to qualify to compete. How and where do you start the process? Can you compete for the first time in the Olympia??? I began to somewhat prepare for the September 15 2017 competition but, I am not sure now. Any informational advise would be great. Also, does anyone know of s reputable competition pose coach, class, or etc for Northern California?

You can not compete in the Olympia without first starting with a local competition. If you do well there, placing top 2 or top 5 (depending on the comp) then you qualify to attend a national show. If you place top 2 I believe (correct me if I am wrong) at a national show, you then become a pro. After becoming pro, you must compete and earn points by placing top 5 in pro shows. At the end of the season, those with enough points are INVITED to compete at the Olympia. that is why its a big deal, because its the best of the best and a long hard road to get there, Many never make it.

You can go to the Arnold amateur, but it also is very difficult as many people apply and only a limited number of people are accepted.

I suggest setting your sites a little more reasonable to start out with, research different organizations, figure out what division you want to work towards, find out if its something you are passionate about rather than a passing fancy. From there research what you want in a coach, what makes a good coach, and THEN seek out a coach. Right now, getting a coach is a bit premature.

Building a physique and learning the sport takes a long time. There is a lot more to it than simply slapping on a bikini and prancing on stage. It can cause health issues if done incorrectly, and while it is a wonderful hobby for many, its not a job for most. I know the Olympia is exciting, and for good reason, but its not the starting point.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.