Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Desk Jockey Journal

Wednesday

So, I'm over thirty and have a torn rotor cuff and 30 percent of my meniscus is cut out.
    This journal is a continuation of my " Journal (test2). I started it on my ipod and you couldn't notice the sub headers. It was posted in the female journaling section. Funny stuff.

Anyway, actually I'm over 40 and just sick of being a load. These injuries keep happening and they are not healing as fast as usual. I started going the gym back in February and started focusing on my nutrition even more than before.
    Two years ago I stopped drinking milk and cut back on sugar. This summer I stopped all artificial sweeteners. And I mean all. That means I drink my rum straight. Try it straight and buy the good stuff. No hangover either. Ha.

I'm at least 22 percent body fat. Last year I had a full physical. Clean bill of health except for the cholesterol, there had to be something or I would be in shape, and it wasn't bad....... just a hair out of the norm.

Since January I eat or drink a shake that contains at least 40 percent vegg and 60 fruit. EVERY DAY. I have now gone down one size in pants and feel a **** ton better. I stick to whole foods and have cut down on my beer intake, as well.

Nough said, I plan on going to the gym this eve. Will post my recovery everyday. This written journal is part of my goal to achieve a healthier and stronger well being. Also, a little comedy can't hurt. Even if only i think its funny. Way tooooo much Monty Python while growing up.

ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wednesday (back from the gym)

8 min stretch session

7 min treadmill, every min a higher incline. then down agian. quick 130 heart rate

military press (just added cause there was a line for the flat bench)
    1x bar only , front and back
    2x 10kg
    1x bar only

bench
    1x 10kg
    1x 15kg
    3x 30kg
    1x 10kg

tris
    2x 10kg
    1x 8kg

tris cable pushdown

1x 45kg
    3x 60 oh what a burn

assorted jumping jacks between sets

oh and did flys on a cable machine. Light weight and felt the burn, 2x 25kg

had a spinach shake for a post workout boost.

Live baseball is on ESPN America in five minutes.

A good healthy day. Whole foods and a good 50 min workout.
    Last edited by ColonelKlenk; 05-02-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Thursday

Spinach broccoli shake for breakfast

Oatmeal cranberry raisins sunflower seeds soy milk for lunch

Two full Hours of play with my 15 kg son

Off day for gym.
    Dinner is still open

Friday

1.5 fried egg, two slices of black pumpernickel , 2tbl peanut butter, one slice American cheese. Breakfast

Gym day. We'll see when I go.

Friday (continued)

Had a shake before I went to the gym.

2 min stretch
    30 sit ups

db shoulder shrugs 3x 20kg

jumping jacks

back fly cable machine 1x 20
    1x 25
    1x 30
    2x 35
    1x 25

row machine

3x 40

jumping jacks

squats 3x 10kg

50 min work out. one min rests between sets. In and out.

Had some nuts with raisins and dried cranberries directly after the workout.

Bye

Saturday

1.5 eggs, one slice of black black pumpernickel, one tablespoon of peanut butter, and one big ass grapefruit for breakfast

Lunch and dinner: tomato cumin curried chicken with rice and raisins and cashews.

I had at least two liters of water today

Gym:

db incline curls
    3x 10
    3x 14
    3x 10

ez bar

3x 8.25

40 situps

preacher cable machine

3x 25

jumping jacks, many

40 min again. Nice to be over the minimum goals for the week and day. yeah.

Dying for a beer right now.

signing off.
    Last edited by ColonelKlenk; 05-05-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: cant fricken remember my meals

Sunday

Spinach, broccoli, berry shake for breakfast

lunch was 56 grams of tuna fish and 60 grams of pasta with some tomatoes.

Gym:

bench
    1x 20
    3x 40
    1x10

military press front side.
    3x 10kg

military press behind the head

3x bar only

fly machine

3x 25
    1x 30

tri cable push down

3x 60

35 min of a good workout. one min breaks and no cardio today.

dinner is gonna be curried chicken with rice.
    also, a good glass or two of a Venetian merlot.

lunch was 56 grams of tuna fish and 60 grams of pasta with some tomatoes.

Gym:

bench
    1x 20
    3x 40
    1x10

military press front side.
    3x 10kg

military press behind the head

3x bar only

fly machine

3x 25
    1x 30

tri cable push down

3x 60

35 min of a good workout. one min breaks and no cardio today.

dinner is gonna be curried chicken with rice.
    also, a good glass or two of a Venetian merlot

Recap for the week:
    Tuesday: Back and Bi's
    Wednesday: Chest and tri
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: Back
    Saturday: Bi's
    Sunday: Chest and tri

Tuesday

Breakfast was Thai chicken curry with white rice.

No Lunch

Gym:

10 Treadmill. 2 min 0% 5.5k
    2 min 12% 6k
    2min 15% 6.5 k
    2min 15% 7k
    3 min slow decrease from 15 % to 0%

Back cable machine
    1x 20
    3x 30
    1x 20

Db rows
    3x 22kg

100 situps

EZ bar
    3x 20kg

one min rests and a good solid 35 min workout

Baseball is on tonight.

Spinach broccoli berry shake for t he post workout meal slash drink slash whatever.

Wednesday

Breakfast:
    1.5 egg omelette, 1tortillia, 1 slice cheese and hot sauce.

Gym tonight. Chest and tris

2 min stretch
    10 min treadmill, pyramid
    bench
    2x 20
    1x 15

cable fly machine
    3x 30

squats
    3x 20kg

tris cable push down
    2x 60kg
    1x 65

rope pull down
    3x 20

55 sits ups

oh my

35 mins
    Last edited by ColonelKlenk; 05-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Thursday

No gym

bad bad boy.

breakfast: 1.5 eggs and a tortillia, one slice of black pumpernickel and one tablespoon of liverwurst.

lunch was a vegg fruit shake

dinner was with friends. Hence the no gym. two slices of pizza and 5 .33 beers.

later. I had a cheeseburger and a chicken burger with one liter of beer.

Too much food. But it went down soooo quick. I ve been sleeping like a fricken rock. tomorrow Ill spend with my son and then hit the gym. Sat will be a gym day, as well.

Tonights food frenzy showed my how I need to eat bigger breakfasts to ensure a full day with out a deviance of food intake. the burgers mad e me feel like ****. Oh wait, the shot of sambucce does make it feel better. Ha. na. still feels like ****. These shakes are really great. This time I put grapefruit in them. Man, really good stuff.

I wonder if anybody really reads my crap.
    Bye y'all

Friday

shake for breakfast

lunch: pasta, tuna fish canned, and pees

Dinner is pending

Gym

15 min treadmill pyramids

db incline curls
    3x 10
    2x 14
    1x 16
    3x 10 Good solid reps.

situps 50

straight bar curls

3x 10

50 min workout

one min rests. protein shake after the workout.

Shake for breakfast

2 hard hours of tree removal in the woods

lunch
    1.5 eggs, two slices of wheat toast and one slice of cheese.
    One banana

Gym was quick
    back cable machine
    1x 20
    3x 30
    1x 35
    1x25

60 sit ups

db row
    3x 24 ( new weight)

shoulder shrugs
    4x 80 on the cable machine

row machine

2x 40

30 min total workout with the one min rep rests.

Dinner is gonna be roast pork with potatoes, onions, garlic, and peas

Live Baseball in now. yeeha

Sunday

Week recap

Gym
    15 min treadmill
    Db chest. 3x 16
    Bench chest. 2x 20. 1x 15
    Squat. 3x 20
    Sit-ups 60

45 min workout and tons of water

Tuesday chest and tris
    Wednesday Back and bis
    Thursday off
    Friday Bis
    Saturday back
    Sunday. Chest

Neck pain. Slept with window open.
    Last edited by ColonelKlenk; 05-13-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Monday and Tuesday. No gym
    Shoulder and neck are very sore. Dont have full range of motion and it stings when I pick something up.
    Hmmm. Worked late tonight so by the time i got home it was to late to leave the house, 22:00.
    Tomorrow I cant wait to workout. Im starting to get a little rush during my workouts. My pants are falling down all of a sudden.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ColonelKlenk View Post
    I wonder if anybody really reads my crap.
    Bye y'all
    There are many journal lurkers like myself

Wednesday
    Shake for breakfast
    Lunch was a huge Kebab. S**t ton of onions
    Gym
    10 min treadmill pyramid workout.
    incline db curls
    1x 6kg
    2x 10 kg
    3x 16kg (first time all three in perfect execution)
    3x 10kg

Back cable machine
    1x 20
    3x 35
    1x 40 (first time)
    1x 25 at least 18 reps

squats

3x 30kgs (upd the weight)

ez bar
    3x 10

45 min workout.
    yeah

orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    welcome to the o35 journals.

a couple questions.

where did you get your workout and diet from?

what are your specific short term and long term goals?
    Kevin

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
    Jim Rohn

Hey

Originally Posted by orca View Post

a couple questions.

Tanks for the welcome. The workout i pulled off this Site and the diet i pieced together Based on my calorie , Protein, and carb requirements for my height.

Originally Posted by orca View Post

a couple questions.

Short Term Goals: live healthier. Reach and maintain 15% Body Fat. Stay around 100kg.
    Long Term: go under 15% and up the kg.
    Ive been drinking this vegg Shake every Day Since Jan. Ive been a 38 inch Waist for Years. Now im swimming in them.

Food journal

Also, Ive been Hand writing a Food Journal for Years And recently went online And keep it logged on myfitnesspal.COM

Saturday

So, this is accountability. Crazy Week. Only Worked out wed. S h i t . Not lazy, but still excuses are excuses. Family stuff.

Sunday

Deff a gym Day
    Whole wheat French Toast for breakfast
    gym Plan
    Squats
    Chest And tris
    I blought a kg of fresh spinach And broccoli, so the vegg Shakes shall
    Continue!

Sunday cont......

Gym:

Awesome session. Im really getting into this. What felt like a dreary Sunday turned out to be a day of progression and motivation. My goal is always a min of 30 minutes. Here goes...

Over 10 min of heavy bag. ( really underrated)
    Flat bench
    1x 20
    4x 30 (real slow)

db flat bench

3x 16 ( arms were shaking)

Squats

4x 30 ( burned a bit and did sets inbetween the db flat bench)

Tris
    Pull down cable
    1x 50
    1x 60
    2x 70 (new weight)

rope pull down

3x 25
    1x 30
    1x 20 ( till it would go no mo)

55 min workout with one min intervals. drank 1.5 liters of water during the workout. When I got home I ate a hand full of mixed nuts and dried cranberries. Salt free of course.

Dinner is still gonna be ribs and beer.

Monday

Shake for breakfast
    Lunch was 1.5 eggs, quarter of an onion, hot pepper, one tortilla, left over pork (20 grams)
    gym
    19 min treadmill
    100 situps
    back cable machine
    1x 20
    3x 30
    1x 40
    1x 25 failure

db rows
    3x 24 man, felt high after that one

ez bar

3x 20

db shrugs

3x 20

55 min work out. felt really great.

dinner was just chicken, peas, one tortilla, hot sauce. (all left overs)

Now, enjoying some wine with some cheese.

orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    life gets busy for everyone. you're back in the gym now and making it count.

I don't understand the way you log your training

example
    ez bar
    3 x 20

is that 3 reps at 20 lbs or 3 sets of 20 reps without the lbs listed? also is that ez bar curls?
    Kevin

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
    Jim Rohn

Response

Ah, well you can Tell im a novice And offen using an iPod to log in. Not easy. Spell check is in German.
    3x 20 means I did three sets of two ten kg plates. I never use bar weight.
    I leave the reps blank 'cause I do 10 or 12 all the time anyway.
    I call the crooked barbell an EZ BAR.
    Since you bring it up, I need to clean my entries up.

Wednesday

OK, so I log my meals on myfitnesspal.com.

Gym

20 min treadmill pyramid

100 sit ups

db bench
    3x 16's (one dumbell is 16kg)

flat bench
    3x 30

tricep cable push down
    1x 50
    1x 70 10 reps ouch
    1x 70 8 reps more ouch
    1x 60 10reps.

rope pull down
    1x 20
    2x 25 man oh man did my tris hurt.

One hour and six min total gym time with one minute intervals. When I got home I ate a can of tunafish with a quarter head of lettuce and a quarter onion with two table spoons of ceasar dressing. Oh and a handfull of croutons

good day, good day.

Motivation

Before I got my butt to the gym I was losing the mental battle was looking for an excuse not to go. I went to google and wrote "quick motivation to workout" , this site, I mean bodybuilding .com came up with a motivational article. It had four pictures of a girls butt in a bikini. That was all I needed. IT was the perfect butt. I mean perfect. I fell in love and went to the gym. Kudos to all you guys and Bodybuilding.com

Friday

early morning heavy tree removal for three fricken hours.

Shake for breakfast

lunch was five or six spinach raviolis in a vegg broth.

dinner was a can of tuna, quarter onion and Cesar dressing with a handful of croutons. Main was one scrambled egg over the same spinach raviolis and the rest of the onion with a ton of fresh nutmeg.

Man, no wine with that was a b i t c h.

Gym
    50 min gooood stretch
    15 min treadmill
    barbell milatary press front and back
    1x 4kg

back only
    2x 4
    2x 10

front

4x 10

squats

4x 30

100 sit ups

Rotator cuff db
    3x 5kg

55 min workout agian with one min reps. The gym was EMPTY. I was THE only person in it. Awesome
    Last edited by ColonelKlenk; 05-27-2012 at 04:18 AM.