Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SixTribes View Post
    Congrats on the Incline Rep PR.. you did a lot of pressing prior to hitting that so there is plenty more in the tank ! Solid 260 squat .. nice work all around
    Thanks Six!

Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Two great sessions there Ham. You went nice and heavy on squats. Shoot, 6x225 sounds heavy to me right now... Then some solid upper body work yesterday. 5x80 on DB rows is ridiculous! Congrats! Hopefully this week is going better than last week.
    The 225x6 felt heavy AF after all those singles lol! Ah yes the mighty 80s, I am proud.

Run coming up...
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

RUN

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 2.00 miles
    Time: 20:27
    Avg HR: 148
    Peak HR: 157
    60 degrees, nice weather for running

Das it mane, and a ton of house cleaning this evening. I'm starting a one week deload from gym today. I'm overdue for one and I've got a couple appointments and chit that would screw up my schedule (eye doc, furnace cleaning, dentist, car recall) so I might as well get the deload over with now and knock everything else out. Eye place aggravated me big time. I tried to order more contacts online and got denied, bah! The doc never sent me a "you need an appointment" card so I didn't even realize I needed to go again already. So I'm down to my last pair of contacts (was expecting the new order to be here tomorrow but that's not happening.) I scheduled an apt for tomorrow but then they canceled on me, sigh, so now I have to wait until next week. My jimmies are sufficiently rustled. I told them I'm going to order like a 3 year supply of contacts when I get my RX renewed so I don't have to deal with this again LOL. Not sure why they don't send a card like every other medical thing I do. Well it's going in my iphone calendar now as a repeating yearly event.

Hmmm... I wonder how people in Little House on the Prairie times remembered to see the eye doc without iphone calendars? Probably just stepped outside the house and got eaten by a bear so it didn't matter too much.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Clearly contacts online Hammy, enter your prescription and 2 days later glorious vision comes in the mail
    Great workouts! Killed the squats, awesome back smash and grats on the 80's! Some serious strength in those, and the pull-ups were awesome too!
    All that and still running like Forest! Enjoy the well earned deload!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Clearly contacts online Hammy, enter your prescription and 2 days later glorious vision comes in the mail
    Great workouts! Killed the squats, awesome back smash and grats on the 80's! Some serious strength in those, and the pull-ups were awesome too!
    All that and still running like Forest! Enjoy the well earned deload!
    Yep online contacts, but the company put the kibash on that! Thanks, it felt great to take those 80s for a ride. LMAO, Forest Ham, I can see that catching on.
    Current PRs:

RUN

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 2.5 miles
    Time: 26:56
    Avg HR: 143
    Peak HR: 151
    *64 degrees and found a new part of the horse trail I'd never been on

Slow pace, was on a bit of rougher trail. This is the horse trail and usually you don't see too many people on it, but when I do see somebody occasionally riding a horse I'm like "holy crap a horse!!" I have no idea why this is surprising to me every time.
    Current PRs:

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post

RUN

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 2.5 miles
    Time: 26:56
    Avg HR: 143
    Peak HR: 151
    *64 degrees and found a new part of the horse trail I'd never been on

Slow pace, was on a bit of rougher trail. This is the horse trail and usually you don't see too many people on it, but when I do see somebody occasionally riding a horse I'm like "holy crap a horse!!" I have no idea why this is surprising to me every time.
    Running on a rough trail, that's brave! I have an ankle that turns pretty easily, so when I'm hiking I wear high-top boots with lots of support. I would be scared to try to run on a surface like that with just running shoes. I've got loads of admiration for the way you conduct your program!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great job on the running the last couple of days Ham! That would be pretty nuts running on the horse trail, and I would definitely sh!t my pants if I came around a turn and was face to face with a horse. Way to get it done! Sorry to hear about you being out of contacts too. I've been meaning to try those. Wearing glasses is such a frickin' PITA... Do you know if you can wear them in the swimming pool or ocean?
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Forest Ham, I can see that catching on.
    "Life is like a box of chocolates. Squoosh everything to find out what is inside first, then destroy it all in one sitting."

What. No? Is it just me that does that?

This is the horse trail and usually you don't see too many people on it, but when I do see somebody occasionally riding a horse I'm like "holy crap a horse!!" I have no idea why this is surprising to me every time.
    Dunno hammy, every time I've been on a horse trail, there's usually more than enough crap on the ground to remind you that there are horses nearby.

Hammy gets up from the computer, picks up her running shoes, and puts them outside just in case.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Running on a rough trail, that's brave! I have an ankle that turns pretty easily, so when I'm hiking I wear high-top boots with lots of support. I would be scared to try to run on a surface like that with just running shoes. I've got loads of admiration for the way you conduct your program!
    Thank you Elrond! Oh yeah high-top boots sounds like a good idea. A couple of the trails have tree roots dead center in the trail. In the winter I have to avoid the trails because they turn into ice.

Great job on the running the last couple of days Ham! That would be pretty nuts running on the horse trail, and I would definitely sh!t my pants if I came around a turn and was face to face with a horse. Way to get it done! Sorry to hear about you being out of contacts too. I've been meaning to try those. Wearing glasses is such a frickin' PITA... Do you know if you can wear them in the swimming pool or ocean?
    LMAO well no one would notice considering there are already copious amounts of horse chit sprinkled on the trail. Yep, still don't have contacts, went to the doc today, it's a whole saga lol. Yeah you can wear them in the pool and ocean, I do. Doc freaks out when I admit I wear them to the pool/sauna and says you can get an infection that way, but I never have in 20 years of having contacts, so gonna keep doing it. That'd be a PITA to wear glasses in the sauna, jeez. She said get RX goggles, lol what?! Already spending a small fortune on the exam, contacts, and back up glasses.

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    "Life is like a box of chocolates. Squoosh everything to find out what is inside first, then destroy it all in one sitting."

What. No? Is it just me that does that?
    LMAO, I prefer the choc boxes that have the little map on the lid so I can avoid all the caramel ones that'll rip out my fillings.
    Dunno hammy, every time I've been on a horse trail, there's usually more than enough crap on the ground to remind you that there are horses nearby.
    See this is my plan, if I'm having a rough stomach that day no one will ever suspect that I violated the forest. (Have lost a couple pair of Nike socks to emergencies over the years, RIP Nike socks.)
    Hammy gets up from the computer, picks up her running shoes, and puts them outside just in case.
    LOL!! Well between me living here and a couple pets there is no hope anymore avoiding poo shoes. For the record I have a little carpet steam cleaner to try and lessen the damage.

Everything in my journal always circles back to poo - EVERYTHING!

Workouts coming up...
    Current PRs:

RUN (Sunday)

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 3.00 miles
    Time: 31:03
    Avg HR: 150
    Peak HR: 161
    *60 degrees out, it's getting cold in the mornings!
    Current PRs:

SQUATS

SUPPS:
    PRE: Vapor Next Gen 1.5 scoops
    INTRA: none

BODY WEIGHT: 164

WARMUP:
    -Foam Rolling with Spike 8min
    -Arm circles of peace
    -BW squats

LEGS:
    Squats:
    45x12
    95x10
    135x6
    165x3
    *belt
    200x3
    220x3
    240x1
    250x1
    245x1
    245x1

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min
    -LAX/Spike glute rolling 10min
    -Foam Rolling with Spike on wall 5min

Alright, deload over! Didn't lift for 5 whole days, ugh, was boring. Did some squats, felt pretty good.

Still have no contacts, but went to doc to renew prescription. Kinda jammed up my ham because they wanted me to try a new brand, which feels fine to me, and is a bit less money per box so I'm trying out a pair for a couple days. I don't understand what's with these places trying to get you to order your contacts through them though. They try way too hard. I said no thanks I'll order them through Costco because they're like $15 per box cheaper plus I still get the rebate. They offered to price match, I don't know why, and I said I'll think about it. I later realized I'd get more cash back rewards plus money on my yearly Costco rebate check so I'd rather do it through Costco. I'll order them online and I guess Costco will have to call them and deal with it as the doc didn't give me the little paper RX. I'm slightly annoyed the doc's office claimed to have the best price at first until I looked it up on my phone and found such a huge difference.
    Current PRs:

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Back in action with da skwaaats! Awesome work Hammy!
    ☻/
    / \

Back in action with da skwaaats! Awesome work Hammy!
    Thanks bro-ham!

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs:

SHOULDERS/RUN

SUPPS:

WARMUP:
    -Arm circles of peace
    -BW squats

SHOULDERS:
    Push Press:
    *wrist wraps
    45x8
    75x7
    100x3
    110x1
    115x1

DB Shoulder Press:
    30s x 14
    35s x 10
    40s x 7

Incline DB Press:
    40s x 12
    50s x 10
    50s x 10

Incline BB Bench Press:
    45x10
    95x10
    115x10
    135x5

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 2.00 miles
    Time: 19:48
    Avg HR: 147
    Peak HR: 158
    *70 degrees, pretty bangin' weather man

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min

Easy shoulder day, went light today and only did a few sets of each lift since I haven't pressed in a week and a half. My run was faster than usual, wasn't even pushing that hard.

It's not even 9pm and fitbit has me at 18k steps and 3150 calories, busy day was busy.
    Current PRs:

SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000) SixTribes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Solid pressing Hobbes... and very nice work on the squats..that's some good singles at 87-90% max

Originally Posted by SixTribes View Post
    Solid pressing Hobbes... and very nice work on the squats..that's some good singles at 87-90% max
    Thanks Six! Ah yes, I love hitting up heavy doubles and singles on that stuff, it's helped me progress more than other methods.

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs:

DL DAY

SUPPS:
    PRE: Vapor Next Gen 1 scoop

WARMUP:
    -Arm circles of peace
    -BW squats

BACK:
    DL:
    135x8
    185x5
    *Versa Grips
    225x3
    *belt
    250x3
    275x1
    285x1

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 15min

Pretty decent deadlifts today. Didn't go HAM, just went BACON.
    Current PRs:

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man, slackness at an all-time high from this guy. Lots of great work going on in here Ham. Good looking 3 mile run this weekend, and you've gotta love the cooler temps for running. Monster sets on squat and then a heck of an upper body day. Then you go and crush some deads! You're killing it!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Man, slackness at an all-time high from this guy. Lots of great work going on in here Ham. Good looking 3 mile run this weekend, and you've gotta love the cooler temps for running. Monster sets on squat and then a heck of an upper body day. Then you go and crush some deads! You're killing it!
    No worries, life is busy when you're rampaging the world. Yeah those cool temps are great, much more comfortable!

Run coming up...
    Current PRs:

RUN

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 2.2 miles
    Time: 22:44
    Avg HR: 151
    Peak HR: 160
    *70 degrees and cloudy

Run felt good today, had a few obstacles to go around though - people with two unleashed dogs + a few kids, and a trio of generously proportioned women who were blocking the entire trail. Oh man I hate when people block the whole trail and nobody can get by, sigh. I shout out PASSING well before I get to you, most people are cool and scoot over a bit to give me a lane, but not all. These chicks were yelling at me and gesturing like "how dare you run on the exercise trail", wtf people, I can't run into the bushes just because you're hogging up the whole path. There was another runner coming up on them after me and I think they may have eaten her.

No lifting today, did gym 3 days in a row, will probably hit up some pull ups and rows tomorrow.
    Current PRs:

Strong deads Hammy! Bacon'd it up in style! Nice run today as well!
    ☻/
    / \

Strong deads Hammy! Bacon'd it up in style! Nice run today as well!
    Heehee, thanks!

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs:

BACK DAY

SUPPS:

BW: 163

BACK:
    Pull Ups:
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5

Bent Over BB Rows:
    45x12
    75x12
    105x12
    125x10
    115x11

Lat Pulldown:
    100x12
    120x8
    120x8

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 15min

Nice little back accessory day. Pull ups went smooth. I have a pull up tower in my garage, really comes in handy. Rows, rows, ROW YOUR BOAT!

Sad news on the family front - docs confirmed my aunt has stage 4 lung cancer. :/ The surgery was a no-go due to it being in too delicate a spot I guess where they couldn't remove anything, that was a couple weeks ago. Anyway Mon everyone will find out if there's anything that can be tried. People usually do chemo of course but she is in very poor health in general and is refusing to do any of the rehab (walking/moving around to build back up some strength and health) and not wearing the oxygen. Ugh, we're afraid the docs will say it would be too hard on her to even try treatment. Very sad, I feel horrible for my uncle, he's pretty crushed right now. And my dad too who doesn't handle this sort of thing well at all. I am fearing the worst that something bad will happen before the holidays and the family is going to have an extremely hard time with that.

Appreciate your health, people. Run, lift, swim, there's plenty of people who would kill to be able to do any of that.

On a happier note, Sunday football is coming up again YEAHHH!!! Gonna watch the Steelers game and DVR the Browns to make fun of them after.
    Current PRs:

CHEST/TRI

SUPPS:

BW: 163

CHEST:
    Bench Press
    45x15
    75x12
    105x10
    135x3
    155x2
    170x1
    *wrist wraps
    175x1
    175x1
    175x1
    165x3
    155x6
    *remove wraps
    145x11
    135x13

Incline BB Bench Press:
    45x10
    95x10
    115x9
    135x4

TRI:
    CGBP:
    *wrist wraps
    95x10
    135x7
    145x5

RC WORK:
    Standing Y/T/Ls:
    5s for 17, 17, 17
    5s for 17, 17, 17

External Band Rotations:
    RED x 20
    RED x 20

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min

First bench press day back after deload, kept it really light and easy. Grilled out tonight - bbq chicken drumsticks and corn on the cob. I was afraid they wouldn't even have corn on the cob at the store anymore, I would've been mad lol, but I found it way off to the side. Made some deviled eggs (with the way low fat mayo) and pigs in a blanket (with turkey dogs.) Healthy feast of peace.
    Current PRs:

Great looking bench work Hammy, supper sounds splendid
    ☻/
    / \

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That's some mighty intense strength AND volume there... I'm jealous!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Great looking bench work Hammy, supper sounds splendid
    Thanks! Had a few leftovers too, delicious!

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    That's some mighty intense strength AND volume there... I'm jealous!
    Thanks Elrond!

Run coming up...
    Current PRs:

RUN

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 3.00 miles
    Time: 31:14
    Avg HR: 155
    Peak HR: 168
    *70 degrees and sunny

Good run today, flowed smoothly! Today is football Sunday - the Steelers won again and kicked ass, and the browns lost again - all is right with the world. I tried DVRing both games and told myself I would just watch one and then watch the other one at 4. Nope, had to flip back and forth to check scores and laugh at the hilarity that is the cleveland browns and their revolving door of failing quarterbacks.

STEELER NATION RARRWW!!!
    Current PRs:

Heck of a bench workout the other day Ham! Those sets just went on forever! Nice job on the run too. That's some good running weather. I was LOL'ing about your football comments. I can't bust on the Browns as they have sucked, I'm pretty sure, for my entire life. I'm a Panther fan, but love the Steelers as well. I love the blue collar teams with rich history. Random fact, I went to high school with Jeff Reid, one of your former kickers. He was a party animal.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Heck of a bench workout the other day Ham! Those sets just went on forever! Nice job on the run too. That's some good running weather.
    Thanks! Yeah just when I switch from running in tanks to t-shirts chit gets HOT out again.
    I was LOL'ing about your football comments. I can't bust on the Browns as they have sucked, I'm pretty sure, for my entire life. I'm a Panther fan, but love the Steelers as well. I love the blue collar teams with rich history. Random fact, I went to high school with Jeff Reid, one of your former kickers. He was a party animal.
    LULZ they weren't too bad when I was a little kid, the days of Bernie Kozar. After the team got sent off to Baltimore, oh lawd, been "rebuilding" for 20 years! That's pretty badass, I'd imagine a lot of those guys would know how to get down and dirty.

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs: