resultsnotypcl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sbd belt, thoughts?

hello all, getting back into the swing of things, been out for about 9 years, and really like the looks, and the reviews i`ve seen of the sbd lever belt, i currently have a titan brahma 13mm, prong belt, curious to hear what you guys with the sbd have to say about it, i heard the inside red bleeds everywhere, anything else? to buy or not to buy?

RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000) RmBoyos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i feel like its excessively expensive personally...

the main difference is that its a lever belt, not a pronged belt

i have this...

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/belts...belt-camo.html

and its cheaper than the SBD - but pretty much exactly the same... ie 13mm, 4 inch etc
    comp best - 358/237/375 (162.5/107.5/170) - BDFPA 75kg (165lb) class
    gym best - 398/265/440 (180/120/200) - @ 78kg

*Powerlifting crew*
    *IIFYM crew*
    *UK crew*
    *skinny jeans + longline tees crew*
    *Libertarian crew*

Instagram - @doughnuts_n_depth

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just bought a belt from pioneer and would highly recommend looking at their products. Very happy with the quality of it and much cheaper then SBD for a basic belt or you can fully customize it how ever you want.
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #33 [M]===[6]

Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rags85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RmBoyos View Post

i have this...

and its cheaper than the SBD - but pretty much exactly the same... ie 13mm, 4 inch etc
    Thats not the same style as an SBD belt at all. The difference between SBD belts and traditional lever belts is that the traditional lever belts require you to remove and re-position the lever to change sizes. The SBD belt doesn't. You simply just put the buckle into a different hole, much like a prong belt.

That said, I agree that it is much more expensive than its worth though. I can buy two top end lever belts for less than 1 SBD.
    Most of my lifting gets posted to Instagram - https://instagram.com/fayerjw/

Best lifts 628/391/727 - Best Total: 1747

resultsnotypcl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rags85 View Post
    Thats not the same style as an SBD belt at all. The difference between SBD belts and traditional lever belts is that the traditional lever belts require you to remove and re-position the lever to change sizes. The SBD belt doesn't. You simply just put the buckle into a different hole, much like a prong belt.

That said, I agree that it is much more expensive than its worth though. I can buy two top end lever belts for less than 1 SBD.
    yes, i agree is is crazy expensive, and they don`t have my size in stock, making the titan belts look a lot more appealing

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The lever design for the SBD is great and I have heard that the belts are very high quality, but it is a significant investment and as others have said you could purchase 2-3 high quality belts for the price (and a prong belt is equally as adjustable).

Depending on your needs/budget it could make sense... I have 10mm Inzer lever belt and 13mm Pioneer single prong which generally work well for my needs. Total investment on both belts was still about 20% less than a SBD belt and if one breaks/gets stolen/doesn't fit then I am only out a portion of my investment rather than the whole thing.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman & Former NAS National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs (234 Kg) / Deadlift 700 lbs (318 Kg) / Strict Press 325 lbs (147 Kg)

Facebook | www.facebook.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs
    Instagram | http://instagram.com/tmutaffis
    Website | http://mutaffis.wordpress.com

Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Larfleeze is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RmBoyos View Post

i have this...

That's an ordinary lever belt, not the same at all. SS belts are also awful quality and aren't even made of real leather.

PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My teammates and I purchased a SBD belt for our coach last Christmas and it is a very nice belt and very high quality. SBD are very pricey. Pioneer belts are very nice too at a fraction the cost. Pioneer belts are made by General Leather Craft and they have great customer service.

https://generalleathercraft.com/prod...r-lever-belts/
    Elite Powerlifter Masters Divison 50-54
    USPA PR @123lb (pounds): SQ 303.1 - BP 248 - DL 391.3 Wilks 394.37
    USPA PR @132lb (pounds): SQ 341.7 - BP 248 - DL 430
    16 State / 15 American / 10 World Records / 2 ATWR / 3x Best Lifter Award
    IG: fit.wraith

pray4mcb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Don't short yourself.... Get this belt!!!

Been seriously lifting 4 years now. Just turned 37, 5'11'', 165lbs. 4 years ago could barely do 225x5 on deadlift. Bought this cuz trying to make the push to a 500 lbs deadlift. My max is 465 x 1, and 425 x 5, which I did 4 months ago. Received the belt yesterday. Eventhough I did deads Monday went ahead and did them Thursday so could try the belt. Started with 405 x 5, then 425 x 5... Then decided to do my max again... Got 465 x 1 incredibly easy. Didn't try for more because still sore from Mondays workout and from just doing 425 x 5. You can tell an immediate difference with this belt that there is nothing else on the market that compares. The amount of support and comfort is unparalleled. Now that I have the belt I wish I would have bought it a whole lot sooner. Dont let the price of this belt keep you from getting it, it is 100% worth the price. Next best belt on the market is not worth getting compared to the quality of this one.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have an old inzer lever belt 10+ years old that works great.
    Moving the lever is not that big of a deal unless you want to wear a belt loose and tight in the same training session.
    The Titan belt looks like a good one.

maciak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last year I got the SBD lever belt, and although was skeptical at first, it truly is a great belt. I like lever belts as they are far easier to put on the classic belts, the issue I always had with them is that I use a different setup for DL (less tight) than for squats. With SBD you dont need a screw driver to change the setup, you just use different holes.

AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AzurasStar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't have experience with the belt personally, but everyone I've talked to loves it.

It's a lever belt you can adjust on the fly. I currently have the Inzer lever belt and the only issue with it is that I have to pull out a screwdriver to adjust the length. Not sure getting to leave the screwdriver at home is worth the price difference.
    USPA: 60kg babby lifter

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love my belt. I use two different settings on my lifts so it's saved me time from having to move the lever. Worth it in my opinion.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.