kirstywithak is on a distinguished road. (+10)

InBody scan WTF!!!!

On a whim, I did an InBody scan exactly a year ago while visiting family at local gym. In an effort to build muscle The past year, specifically the past 6 months, I've cut cardio and focused on weights. I workout 6 days a week...3 strength circuit classes and 3 weight sessions on on my own. I eat well and actually have been trying to eat MORE, I don't drink. I always leave gym a sweaty mess and I push myself with weights. (Not push myself like a PT does but enough that I'm sore next day). Although I know I need to lift heavier, overall I feel stronger and fitter...

So today, went to same gym and thought how fun it would be to compare InBody scan. My weight increased only by 3 lbs , I actually lost a of muscle mass and my body fat went up by 5% (18 to 22) Well ****.... I know it's just a number. But I feel like I'm on wrong track. I have some body image/dismorphia issues that's why I workout almost every day (I can't "see" what my body looks like...but I "feel" good after exercise) I was hoping a number might help me with my body image... But uh, no.

Anyway, I'm venting but also any words of wisdom?
    Last edited by kirstywithak; 07-26-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added numbers

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inbody scans aren't accurate.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Inbody scans aren't accurate.
    For sure. My Inbody scans flip and flop like crazy. Depending on when I took the scan, how much water I've had, if it's pre or post workout. It's not the best way to track, but if you're going to do scans, I'd recommend doing them every 2-4 weeks and watching the trend that shows up. It helps you to better understand when a scan is an outlier, and you can better see over time what your progress is like.

kirstywithak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thx... I'd like to get one next week before I travel home. I was shocked with change and the trainer just questioned if I eat too many carbs 🙄 Now I'm thinking maybe last years reading was crazy low body fat (although I was quite skinny doing mostly cardio and body pump 🙈classes). Thx for reply

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Height/weight?
    Unless you get a DEXA, body fat measuring methods are highly inaccurate.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."