sophiemy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workout program to reduce cellulite?

I've always been slim, hanging around 21-23% BF. Right before I got pregnant I was at 21 %, doing half an hour HIIT 4-5 days a week and half an hour to 45 minutes of strength training. I never saw a reduction in my cellulite (and I was BUSTING my butt in the gym!). I'm due in 3 months, and as soon as I have recovered from birth I want to get right back to a regular routine to try to reduce my cellulite- Which has just gotten progressively worse since I got pregnant. I have a diet plan set up allowing me to eat anywhere from 1400-1650 calories a day, and where I will consume 130-150 grams of protein. Assuming that I will be around 23% body fat 6 weeks after giving birth (which I think is plausible because I am not gaining much weight, and I will be walking a lot during recovery to keep my metabolism up), what should I do to get rid of my cellulite? I'm 5'6 and I'm guessing I'll be around 140 lbs after the 6 weeks recovery process (even though I know this might not be the case. I know that I should do cardio to reduce cellulite, but I have also heard that too much cardio can actually make my cellulite worse. So should I focus more on strengthening my lower body? I'm just so confused as I was only doing 30 mins HIIT before and it never helped in conjunction with strength training. Should I do less than 30 minutes of HIIT and more than 30 minutes of strength training? Any suggestions in regards to this and how many reps/sets I should be doing for my resistance training would be much, much appreciated!

Sophie.

Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shaunzx14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sophiemy View Post
    I've always been slim, hanging around 21-23% BF. Right before I got pregnant I was at 21 %, doing half an hour HIIT 4-5 days a week and half an hour to 45 minutes of strength training. I never saw a reduction in my cellulite (and I was BUSTING my butt in the gym!). I'm due in 3 months, and as soon as I have recovered from birth I want to get right back to a regular routine to try to reduce my cellulite- Which has just gotten progressively worse since I got pregnant. I have a diet plan set up allowing me to eat anywhere from 1400-1650 calories a day, and where I will consume 130-150 grams of protein. Assuming that I will be around 23% body fat 6 weeks after giving birth (which I think is plausible because I am not gaining much weight, and I will be walking a lot during recovery to keep my metabolism up), what should I do to get rid of my cellulite? I'm 5'6 and I'm guessing I'll be around 140 lbs after the 6 weeks recovery process (even though I know this might not be the case. I know that I should do cardio to reduce cellulite, but I have also heard that too much cardio can actually make my cellulite worse. So should I focus more on strengthening my lower body? I'm just so confused as I was only doing 30 mins HIIT before and it never helped in conjunction with strength training. Should I do less than 30 minutes of HIIT and more than 30 minutes of strength training? Any suggestions in regards to this and how many reps/sets I should be doing for my resistance training would be much, much appreciated!

Sophie.
    That is going to be almost completely diet related. You can get on a proven novice full body plan to help tone while you continue losing weight but if you want to get rid of cellulite you need to get rid of body fat and the best way to do that is with diet. Sure cardio and weights will help a little but it will be 80-90% diet that gets the job done.

noBSplease has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi,

in my experience as a trainer as well as personally,
    a diet of clean, low glycemic index meals along with heavy lifting is the best thing to reduce and even eliminate cellulite.

smart lipo, foam rolling, and cortisol shots supposedly can as well.

Stick to your plan, and commit for at least 12 weeks! Best wishes.