passion727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Creatine for fat loss - Women

Hi,
    I am a 36 year old female at 24.7 % body fat. I want to lose some fat and I was wondering can I use Creatine to lose fat and preserve muscle.
    I am so skeptical about it as Creatine for women is not highly recommended. Can any one help me with the below questions?

1. Is is safe to use Creatine for females?
    2. If so how often should I take it? Can I take it every day even on my cardio days?
    3. How long I can take it ? I mean can I take it until I reach my fat lose goals or I need to take it on and off ?
    4. Can I expect any water gain from Creatine?
    5. If you recommend, which brand is more reliable and safe?
    6. Can I expect any increase in muscle mass?

I really want to lose fat and build some lean muscle mass. I am totally new to these supplements. I just started using BCAAS in to my strength training and I am feeling good.
    Experts out there, please help.

Thank you

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by passion727 View Post
    Hi,
    I am a 36 year old female at 24.7 % body fat. I want to lose some fat and I was wondering can I use Creatine to lose fat and preserve muscle.
    I am so skeptical about it as Creatine for women is not highly recommended. Can any one help me with the below questions?

1. Is is safe to use Creatine for females?
    2. If so how often should I take it? Can I take it every day even on my cardio days?
    3. How long I can take it ? I mean can I take it until I reach my fat lose goals or I need to take it on and off ?
    4. Can I expect any water gain from Creatine?
    5. If you recommend, which brand is more reliable and safe?
    6. Can I expect any increase in muscle mass?

I really want to lose fat and build some lean muscle mass. I am totally new to these supplements. I just started using BCAAS in to my strength training and I am feeling good.

Thank you

Start here:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173714091
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

Hi WillBrink,
    Thank you so much for the info. Lot of information about creatine. I have one question, in the article its mentioned to take creatine as Post work out. I was planning to take it as Pre work out? is that safe?
    Taking creatine as pre workout will help in endurance and performace?
    So from the article its clear that we see water retention with Creatine. How long it will sustain? will that water weight will drop off eventually? If so how soon it will be?

Thank you

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hi WillBrink,
    Thank you so much for the info. Lot of information about creatine. I have one question, in the article its mentioned to take creatine as Post work out. I was planning to take it as Pre work out? is that safe?
    Taking creatine as pre workout will help in endurance and performace?
    Nope. Per that thread, timing does appear to matter and no extra boost will come from doing it pre workout and it may upset tummy.

So from the article its clear that we see water retention with Creatine. How long it will sustain? will that water weight will drop off eventually? If so how soon it will be?

Thank you
    Re read thread carefully. Intra cellular water is what you want and a major mechanism as to the benefits strength and LBM wise from creatine. That means it's "working"
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nope. Per that thread, timing does appear to matter and no extra boost will come from doing it pre workout and it may upset tummy.

Re read thread carefully. Intra cellular water is what you want and a major mechanism as to the benefits strength and LBM wise from creatine. That means it's "working"

Hi Will,
    So I need to take creatine as post work out? Can I mix it with my whey protein post work out shake?
    I am actually trying to lose fat. Can I use creatine while cutting?
    Is that water retention make me look fat?

Thank you

heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Creatine won't have any effect on fat loss or gain. It helps replenish ATP to allow you to lift a little more in the gym, to put it simply. So, what you'll really see is the ability to add on a few extra reps or possibly increase the weights you're lifting a little more frequently. At least, these are the benefits I saw when I started taking it, personally.

Now, having that extra energy and being able to do more in the gym does lead to a better workout, which can lead to better/faster results, so that's good, but it's all about how you're using that extra bit of energy.

As far as water retention, I didn't see a huge difference. Unless you're SUPER lean, you won't see it in the mirror. I saw the scale go up a smidge, but as I continued losing body fat that was no big deal.

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you are way overthinking the entire subject of creatine. Think of it as a powdered food product, it isn't a controlled substance. Use it or don't use it, the benefits you obtain from it will range from minimal to non-existent. And it isn't a product for fat loss.

Originally Posted by heywakeupami View Post
    Creatine won't have any effect on fat loss or gain. It helps replenish ATP to allow you to lift a little more in the gym, to put it simply. So, what you'll really see is the ability to add on a few extra reps or possibly increase the weights you're lifting a little more frequently. At least, these are the benefits I saw when I started taking it, personally.

Now, having that extra energy and being able to do more in the gym does lead to a better workout, which can lead to better/faster results, so that's good, but it's all about how you're using that extra bit of energy.

As far as water retention, I didn't see a huge difference. Unless you're SUPER lean, you won't see it in the mirror. I saw the scale go up a smidge, but as I continued losing body fat that was no big deal.
    HI ,
    Thank you so much for the info. So you take creatine as pre or post workout?
    Any brand that you can suggest?

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    OP, you are way overthinking the entire subject of creatine. Think of it as a powdered food product, it isn't a controlled substance. Use it or don't use it, the benefits you obtain from it will range from minimal to non-existent. And it isn't a product for fat loss.
    So, Is creatine wont have any effect on preserving the muscle? As I am cutting now, I want to preserve as much muscle as I can. And thought creatine can help me with that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

So its working means, its helping to build lean muscle?
    Is the water retention will only occur for first couple of weeks ones you start taking creatine?
    Did creatine help build lean muscle while cutting?

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, Is creatine wont have any effect on preserving the muscle?
    Is the water retention will only occur for first couple of weeks ones you start taking creatine?
    I'm not the leading authority on creatine here, but here's what I got:

You're not building muscle if you're in a deficit, unless you're just starting a program in which case you may make some newbie gains, but that's not the creatine.
    Creatine causes 3-4lbs of water retention, it increases water saturation in the muscles, and that sticks so long as you're using it consistently. It's not like the bloaty "had a lot of sodium last night" water weight.

Preserving muscle is a matter of not cutting too aggressively, getting enough protein, and lifting on a solid program. If you're doing these things, you're fine.

Like ami, and goodday said, you can use it or not, it can help lifts over time, but you're not missing out on anything huge if you choose not to. I take it personally, because it's affordable, it can help my lifts over time, and studies suggest it has other benefits (though I don't know how extensive these studies are, it'd just be a bonus). Just keep in mind you'll see the scale climb, I've heard it takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks to a whole month to reach peak saturation.

Hope that helps simplify things a bit.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For the record, I take creatine. It is a saturation supplement, so the key is taking it every day to keep you muscles saturated. I don't worry about taking it exactly pre or post workout. I take it when it is convenient, but every day. It doesn't "build" muscle in and of itself. It essentially allows to you to possibly push out a few more reps during your sets, which could help you build muscle that way. It increases the water within your cells. It isn't sitting right underneath your skin or anything, so you don't get really bloated.

I am cutting right now. I take creatine, and as far as the scale (which I don't lend much credit to anyway) my weight is steadily going down. I notice my fat loss in the mirror and how my clothes fit. I can lift heavy, and am achieving some PR's even while cutting. The key is not cutting too fast, keeping my macros in check, including getting enough protein. I hope this helps some.
    Don't wish for it, work for it! "One More"

heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HI ,
    Thank you so much for the info. So you take creatine as pre or post workout?
    Any brand that you can suggest?
    I take it post workout along with Glutamine as recommended by my trainer. Many folks would suggest taking it on your off days too, to maintain consistent levels. I haven't found a huge difference between brands, creatine pretty much seems to be creatine, but I use something called Sheer Creatine.

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, Is creatine wont have any effect on preserving the muscle? As I am cutting now, I want to preserve as much muscle as I can. And thought creatine can help me with that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you
    To lose fat, you diet and eat less calories. To maintain lean mass while dieting, you need to be intaking adequate PROTEIN (not creatine) and following a recommended lifting program. Creatine will not help with either of these two things.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi,

1. Is is safe to use Creatine for females? Yes
    2. If so how often should I take it? Can I take it every day even on my cardio days? Every day, 5g a day, timing does not matter
    3. How long I can take it ? I mean can I take it until I reach my fat lose goals or I need to take it on and off ? forever or till you forget
    4. Can I expect any water gain from Creatine? if its working. yes
    5. If you recommend, which brand is more reliable and safe? Any monohydrate will do, anything fancy is a waste of money and might not even work
    6. Can I expect any increase in muscle mass? Not that you would notice.

Thank you
    You should really read the links already posted for you. It takes 5-10 minutes to understand how creatine works
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    To lose fat, you diet and eat less calories. To maintain lean mass while dieting, you need to be intaking adequate PROTEIN (not creatine) and following a recommended lifting program. Creatine will not help with either of these two things.
    Thank you for your input. I greatly appreciate it. I think I chose not to use creatine for now and focus more on my nutrition and my exercise

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Creatine is safe for women.
    Creatine won't help you lose fat, and it won't help you gain muscle if you don't eat in a calorie surplus and follow a well-rounded and progressive lifting routine.
    Creatine needs to reach a saturation point in the muscles to be effective so must be taken every day.
    Creatine causes more glycogen and water to be stored in the muscles, so often causes a several pound weight increase initially.
    Any brand of Creatine Monohydrate is fine.
    You won't see muscle mass increase unless you are eating in a calorie surplus and following a solid routine. There are no supplements to make up for deficiencies in your diet and exercise program.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."