bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

bounce back from slowed metabolism

I'm trying to help a lady(boss) that was in great shape at one time but had a back injury that led her to gain weight as she was unable to do much after back surgery for a good period of time. She's stubborn as hell and took it upon herself to essentially quit eating so she wouldn't gain anymore weight. What's happened is the exact opposite of what she wanted. She eats about 500-600 calories a day, often times goes all day without eating (and not intermittent fasting).

Based on her measurables, I want to put her on a carb cycling plan where she's consuming 1300 calories a day, (65g carbs, 113.5g protein, 65g fat), and on high carb days (162.5g carbs, 113.5g protein, 21.6g fat)

While the weight loss goals are important, I'm also trying to pinpoint why she is getting sick so often as a result of a gallbladder removal surgery. My guess is, too much grease, too many sugars, and sat fats(while sat fat is fine, the body doesn't process it nearly as well as mono and polys.)

So with those macro's in mind, I was looking to use plant based whey to see if it would help her get rid of some inflammation and get her eating mostly green veggies, and lower GI veggies with the addition of some oats, ezekiel bread(barley, lentils, spelt, etc) on higher carb days. I'm a big meat eater, but I know with gallbladder surgery, that certain things just doesn't digest the way it should after you've had that surgery.

The exercise part won't be a huge issue. She will begin working out again and stick with it if she sees progress. I have no doubts.
    The question is, is there going to be a huge bounce-back if she's only been consuming 600 calories and I bump her up to 1300 and if so, how long will it take to achieve equilibrium before she starts to lose weight. I know if she does gain a bunch of weight, she's going to quit on me and it's all going to go for nothing because she's hard headed as hell.

Any thoughts?

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1300 calories is still too little, 21 gram of fat? It is really stupid, there is no way she need to cycle carbs.
    Low GI etc, useless in terms of weight loss. Read stickies.

bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandhammer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    1300 calories is still too little, 21 gram of fat? It is really stupid, there is no way she need to cycle carbs.
    Low GI etc, useless in terms of weight loss. Read stickies.
    Ok, what would your suggestion be? recalculate the macros for me to give me a better idea.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bandhammer View Post
    I'm trying to help a lady(boss) that was in great shape at one time but had a back injury that led her to gain weight as she was unable to do much after back surgery for a good period of time. She's stubborn as hell and took it upon herself to essentially quit eating so she wouldn't gain anymore weight. What's happened is the exact opposite of what she wanted. She eats about 500-600 calories a day, often times goes all day without eating (and not intermittent fasting).

Based on her measurables, I want to put her on a carb cycling plan where she's consuming 1300 calories a day, (65g carbs, 113.5g protein, 65g fat), and on high carb days (162.5g carbs, 113.5g protein, 21.6g fat)

While the weight loss goals are important, I'm also trying to pinpoint why she is getting sick so often as a result of a gallbladder removal surgery. My guess is, too much grease, too many sugars, and sat fats(while sat fat is fine, the body doesn't process it nearly as well as mono and polys.)

So with those macro's in mind, I was looking to use plant based whey to see if it would help her get rid of some inflammation and get her eating mostly green veggies, and lower GI veggies with the addition of some oats, ezekiel bread(barley, lentils, spelt, etc) on higher carb days. I'm a big meat eater, but I know with gallbladder surgery, that certain things just doesn't digest the way it should after you've had that surgery.

The exercise part won't be a huge issue. She will begin working out again and stick with it if she sees progress. I have no doubts.
    The question is, is there going to be a huge bounce-back if she's only been consuming 600 calories and I bump her up to 1300 and if so, how long will it take to achieve equilibrium before she starts to lose weight. I know if she does gain a bunch of weight, she's going to quit on me and it's all going to go for nothing because she's hard headed as hell.

Any thoughts?
    You clearly have no knowledge of nutrition, and on top of that have bought into some fads such as carb cycling, plant-based anti inflammation nonsense etc. You're definitely not in a position to offer advice, more so to a person with a medical condition who seems to be having immune system problems.

The biggest favor you could do for this person, if you have any influence in her life, is to direct her to seek medical attention.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 3maj View Post
    You clearly have no knowledge of nutrition, and on top of that have bought into some fads such as carb cycling, plant-based anti inflammation nonsense etc. You're definitely not in a position to offer advice, more so to a person with a medical condition who seems to be having immune system problems.

The biggest favor you could do for this person, if you have any influence in her life, is to direct her to seek medical attention.
    Great, sadly can't rep you!

Originally Posted by 3maj View Post

Thanks for providing me with no advice whatsoever. lol, damn what an ass.

tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Him telling you the truth does not make him an ass.

I knew you didn't know anything about nutrition based on thread title. A "slowed metabolism" doesn't exist. Lack of movement/exercise/muscle will reduce TDEE.

Carb cycling has been debunked multiple times. Also, if she is legitimately having digestive issues, she needs to talk to a MD/nutritionist about healthy food choices for her. It is not up to you to "pinpoint" the problem as you say.

I applaud the fact that you want to help somebody get healthy, but forcing crap that you read about in Mens Fitness is liable to do more harm than good for her in the long run.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Giving wrong advice to a person with a medical condition has potential for real harm, so what I said bears mentioning.