Mgalli88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cut after bulking?

Hi everyone. I've spent the past 15 months losing fat and I'm down to about 15% BF. I'd like to get to about 8%-10% BF. I'm interested in switching gears to start gaining muscle mass.

Would it make more sense to get to that 8-10 % BF goal before I start looking to add muscle mass? Or could I cut after I'm satisfied with my muscle mass?

Thanks!

Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mertcann85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mgalli88 View Post
    Hi everyone. I've spent the past 15 months losing fat and I'm down to about 15% BF. I'd like to get to about 8%-10% BF. I'm interested in switching gears to start gaining muscle mass.

Would it make more sense to get to that 8-10 % BF goal before I start looking to add muscle mass? Or could I cut after I'm satisfied with my muscle mass?

Thanks!
    General idea, is to bulk with a low body fat since the nutrition for the body is provided in a better way. However, these percentages or numbers vary on people and goals.

I decide to bulk or cut by checking what I see on mirror. Especially when the love handles start to explode, I cut Yet, I dont have a specific number or size for that.

If you are happy with what you see, you can start bulking and then cut with that muscle mass satisfaction. If you are not; you can cut a little more too, but as you are also aware; from now on, reducing that fat percentage will be more difficult and will take longer time to achieve that single number digit in your mind.

Your judgement and goal

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No need to go sub 10%. Just stay in about the 12-15 range. Going too lean and your body will prioritize fat over muscle gain until you get to a little bit higher BF level. No sense spending all that time and energy getting overly lean.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agree with all the above. Hit 12 or 13% and start your bulk. No need for sub 10% stuff early on or if you aren't doing a competition. Low bodyfat will be easier the more lean mass you have anyway. Plus, this hole thing should be a lifestyle so you'll get there eventually anyway if you want.
    *Misc Mechanical Engineer Crew*
    *Vasectomy crew*
    *Denver Broncos crew*
    *Kawasaki Motorcycle crew*

Mgalli88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great info. Thanks guys!