Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elokuu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Waking up during the night

Hi guys,

I've noticed that almost every night I need to wake up to go to the bathroom, although I don't drink water before going to the bed. However, I eat a good amount of food during dinner before sleep, which consists of mostly vegetables and fruit; do you believe the water content from such food is released during the digestion and makes it as if I drank water? Shouldn't fibres attract water with themselves and keep it in the intestine?

Thanks!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some from the food you eat before bed, some from the food you ate earlier, some from what you drank earlier; the body is in a constant state of processing food and liquid.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you only wake up once that is common. It is not just the food and liquid you consume but also during the day you are upright and gravity causes pooling of fluid into your legs (think sock lines). When you lie down to sleep this is reabsorbed and the extra fluid is filtered by your kidneys. Fiber will osmotically hold some fluid but not a ton and the fluid still gets absorbed over time, just more slowly.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think this could also be related to your high protein intake (~3 gram per kg). I've noticed it myself when I go high on protein I wake up more often. It could be related to the higher urea production on high protein.

And yes I also think that a very high vegetable and fruit intake plays a role. Those foods are mostly water.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had the same reaction to workout / drinking more during the day / eating better.
    Before I was never awake in the night to piss, now it's almost everynight, once. Even if I don't drink anymore 30 minutes before going to sleep.
    It's a bit annoying but I told to myself it must be a good sign of health...

heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10) heywakeupami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same exact thing happened to me too, seemingly unrelated to fluid intake. I'm hoping the other guys are right--your body's just doing it's thing and that's a good sign. The big question is--can you get back to sleep after? What wouldn't be good is if this was robbing you of sleep overall.