Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also notes I had about the brain in my phone W/ pictures

Brain

( the brain book professor ken ash well )

Nerve cells

Also called neurons
    Nerve cells have nerve bodies
    Dendrites : revive incoming information
    Axon : carry information away from the nerve cell body

Nervous system

Cns : central nervous system
    Pns : peripheral nervous system
    The brain & spinal cord together make up the cns
    The Pns Mainly contain sensory receptors & nerve fibers
    The Pns also has some collections of nerve cell bodies called ganglia
    Ganglia : collection of nerve cell bodies in the Pns
    The cerebral cortex is vitally dependent on nerve cell groups in the mid brain that maintain consciousness

Components of the central nervous system

Peripheral nervous system

The Pns carries impulses to & from the brain & spinal cord. It links the cns to sensory receptors in the skin, joints, muscles, & internal organs ( the sensory division ) & to those body organs ( glands & voluntary & involuntary muscles ) that can produce changes in the internal & external environment ( the motor division ) the Pns can be further subdivided into a part concerned with the control of voluntary functions ( the somatic nervous system ) or the control of automatic functions ( the autonomic nervous system ), but in some cases the boundary between these two is blurred. For example, breathing is something we usually do without thought, but it can also be controlled deliberately. Some Pns ganglia have a sensory function and are located alongside the spinal cord or near the brain stem. Other ganglia are part of the autonomic nervous system & may be found in the internal body cavities.

The cerebral cortex

Crinkled sheet of nerve cells & their processes take up about half the volume of the brain
    Commonly called gray matter due to the numerous nerve cell bodies
    Beneath the cerebral cortex are large areas of white matter where axons run between different parts of the cerebral cortex & deeper brain structures
    The axons & their fatty myelin coat gives those areas a whitish color
    The myelin coating of nerve fibers increases the speed & realizability of nerve impulse conduction

Deep structure of the forebrain

Other areas of grey matter are The basal ganglia which plays a key role in controlling movement, decisions & emotions
    Other regions of of grey matter inside the brain include the diencephalon which includes a pair of large egg -shaped structures called the thalamus it relays information from lower parts of the brain & areas within the cortex
    Below the thalamus is the hypothalamus a region concerned with satisfying animal needs, such as eating & mating & the control of the body's internal environment.
    The diencephalon & basal ganglia are arranged around a set of three fluid -filled spaces two lateral ventricles &I a midline third ventricle which are part of the ventricular system

The brain stem & cerebellum

The part of the brain between the diencephalon & the spinal cord is called the brain stem which has changed very little during evolution in fact the human brain stem is identical in structure to any other mammal's.
    It accommodates a collection of nerve pathways for information coming from the spinal cord to reach the higher parts of the brain & for the higher parts of the brain to control the brain stem & spinal cord
    It also houses groups of nerve cells concerned with controlling automatic functions such as heart rate, breathing & blood pressure
    Attached to the brain stem is the final part of the brain the cerebellum a structure with a highly folded surface like the cerebral cortex
    The cerebellum is connected to the brain stem by large bundles of fibers that carry information into & out of its interior
    The main functions of the cerebellum are coordinating movement & planning motor activity

The cerebral cortex

The cerebral cortex contains 1/3 of all the nerve cells in the human brain
    The cerebral cortex is where the highest level of neural processing takes place, including language, memory & cognitive function
    The cerebral cortex is on the outer surface of the forebrain
    The word cortex means outer layer
    It can be broadly divided into frontal, parietal, temporal & occipital lobes
    Each lobe corresponding to a bone of the skull that lies beneath it
    A deep groove called the lateral fissure separates the frontal & temporal lobes
    Upon opening the lateral fissure you can see an additional part of the cortex the insula, deep inside

Layers, columns & nerve cells

About 90% of the cerebral cortex is know as isocortex
    The isocortex has six horizontal layers in adult life or at some stage during its development
    The layered structure may be modified to serve special functions in different parts of the cerebral cortex
    Other parts of the cortex such as the hippocampus or olfactory cortex have fewer layers
    The cortex is also organized vertically nerve cells are stacked on top of each other into Columns
    Analysis of the functional organization of the cortex suggests that the basic functional unit of this cortex is a mini column about 0.002 inches (0.05cm) wide & contains about a hundred nerve cells
    These minicolumns may be linked together to form larger functional columns up to 0.02 (0.5cm) wide
    Ther nerve cells in one of these columns are concerned with processing information of a similar nature for example nerve cells in a column of visual cortex will respond to bars or edges with the same orientation in the visual world
    Given then columnar organization one approach to increasing the processing power of the cerebral cortex would be to pack in as many cortical columns as possible
    Increasing the number of columns will increase the areas of the cortex
    Accommodating this increased surface area inside the skull requires folding of the cortex into bumps & grooves that we see on the surface of the human brain
    An estimated 30 billion nerve cells make up the cerebral cortex
    The most common type is the pyramidal nerve cell which gets its name because of its pyramid shaped cell body
    Pyramidal nerve cells have a large branching dendritic trees to receive a rich input of contacts from other nerves
    Pyramidal cells also have axons that provide the output from the cortical Columns
    Other nerve cell types in the cortex include the star shaped stellate cells that receive much of the incoming information to each region of cortex sensory areas of the cortex are particularly rich in stellate cells

Functional layout

Specific functional areas concerned with motor control
    Primary motor cortex
    Pre motor cortex
    Perception of touch
    Primary somatosensory cortex
    Sound
    Primary auditory cortex
    Smell
    Primary olfactory cortex
    Sight
    Primary visual cortex
    Vestibular area : concerned with sense of balance located in the parietal lobe
    Taste : gustatory area
    In the primary somatosensory cortex neuroscientist identified language areas mainly in the left hemisphere

Connecting the functional areas

Information most be transferred between the areas of the cerebral cortex from one side of the brain to the other
    Large masses of white matter beneath the gray matter joins the cortical regions
    Some of the axons run only about an inch others run the entire length of each half of the brain
    A particularly important bundle is the arcuate fasciculus which interconnects the language the language areas of the cerebral cortex
    Damage to it causes a language problem where you are unable to monitor the accuracy of your own speech
    The two sides of the brain are in constant communication through the 250 to 300 million axon bundle called the corpus callosum
    Cutting the corpus callosum sometimes done in the early to mid 20th century to control serious epilepsy results in two independent hemispheres in one skull

The sensory & motor cortices

The primary motor & somatosensory cortices are organized somatotopically different body parts are mapped onto the cortex in distinct but contiguous regions
    The primary visual cortex is organized visuotopically different parts of the visual world are mapped onto different parts of the visual cortex areas concerned with central vision have the largest areas
    Sound is represented the primary auditory cortex is located in the temporal lobe it is organized by the frequency of the sound

The frontal cortex

The frontal lobe contains a group of areas that control movement & appear to be organized in a hierarchy
    The primary motor cortex has the most direct control on individual muscles on the opposite side of the body
    It is influenced by the pre motor cortex located above and in front of the primary motor cortex which plans motor movements involving large groups of muscles
    A supplementary motor cortex is is located near the mid line in front of the primary motor area it is concerned with postures involving muscles in both sides of the body
    Attached Images

Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000) Realclout is just really nice. (+1000)
    The somatosensory cortex

The primary somatosensory cortex has a large area devoted to representation of the face in particular the lips
    The primary somatosensory cortex also has a large area devoted to hands in particular the finger tips and the thumb

The visual & olfactory cortices

The primary visual cortex in the occipital lobe is concerned with initial analysis of visual information
    Immediately surrounding the primary visual cortex are regions concerned with processing information about color &a visual texture
    Visual information is channeled either toward the posterior partial lobe (dorsal stream ) for analysis of the location of visual features in space or down into the inferior temporal ( ventral stream ) for recognition of the visual form &a textures of objects
    The sense of smell is not strong but the human brain does contain areas in the cortex concerned with with processing odor information
    The sense of smell ( primary olfactory area ) is located in the inferior temporal lobe very close to parts of the limbic or emotional system ( the Amygdala & hippocampus )
    Smells influence the emotional tagging of memories explaining why a particular odor can transport us back to childhood

The association cortex

Large areas of the cortex have neither sensory not motor functions
    These association areas play important roles in the most complex analysis of sensory information &I planning of behavior
    The prefrontal cortex is a type of association cortex that is particularly large in humans
    It is concerned with social function planning & forethought
    The parietal cortex lies between the somatosensory auditory &a visual cortices
    This region contains an association area that brings information from those key senses together to create a model in our mind of the world around us
    Another association cortex concerns itself with spatial orientation & perception, mainly of the opposite side of the body & world but the right side seems to be most important to humans

Imaging the brain

computerized tomography
    This imaging technique produces pictures of brain tissue based on differences in the absorption of X-rays to create "slices" of the scanned brain
    Ct scanning is good at detecting bone, areas of hemorrhage & the shape of the ventricles
    Ct scan data can also be used to generate a 3D images that can be rotated in virtual space
    Blood vessels can also be accentuated by injecting an X-ray opaque contrast chemical into the circulation
    Unfortunately ct scanning is not so good at detecting fine details of internal brain structure because differences in the X-ray absorption of different brain tissue ( grey matter or white matter ) are subtle

Magnetic resonance imaging
    This technique relies on mapping the emission of subatomic particles called positrons ( the antimatter equivalent of electrons )
    The patient receives an injection of of a type of glucose deoxyglucose which has been labeled with radioactive fluorine that releases positrons
    Glucose is incorporated in into the brains metabolic pathways so the most active brain regions take up more & are highlighted by strong positron emission
    Alternatively a positron emitting isotope of oxygen can be incorporated into water to follow changes in blood flow these techniques are very expensive but when combined with Mir for anatomical resolution provide extraordinary images showing the functional activity of the brain while the patient performs different tasks

Unmoggable Ass Pirate Slayermanlet's Avatar
    Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I generally agree with what you're saying op with a few caveats

A lot of self help stuff has solid ideas behind it (almost every single book/city repackages the exact same ideas) but only has value to people who can identify the legit stuff and actually apply it. For 90% of people it becomes an exercise in mental masturbation and navel gazing.....

I like your idea of a classical education. Someone once told me that you should aim to know 'a little bit about everything and a lot about something'. That's the best you can do nowadays anyway. All the men you cited lived in a time where the body of human knowledge was vastly smaller than today, so it was practically possible to become an expert in multiple fields. Nowadays that's impossible since it could take a lifetime to truly master one subject/niche......

I also don't know about your claim that this could help FAs. A lot of them are already too shut in their heads and over intellectualising. They mainly just need to let loose and grab hold of their balls. You'll also come off as pompous and neckbeardy if you start seeing yourself as some high brow renaissance man and trying to talk about profound topics all the time. Probably the best thing I ever did for my sex/social life was learning to dumb myself down and take myself less seriously in social situations. Deep convos are for a handful of my bros whose minds I really respect....

You also need to make sure intellectual curiosity in general doesn't detract from actually building a solid marketable skillset of some kind. I made this mistake in my early 20s. I did a degree in philosophy, read books/took courses on all kinds of different topics, never really developed expertise in any one thing.... Now I'm playing catch up because my focus has been like a scatter-gun over the years

Some good books I recommend in the spirit of this thread

Sapiens
    A History of Western Philosophy
    The lessons of history
    A short history of nearly everything
    The story of art
    The art of thinking clearly
    Thinking, fast and slow
    Antifragile (and anything else by Taleb)
    Seven brief lessons on physics
    Gymnastics / Oly Lifting / BJJ / Kickboxing /

*~UK Brah~*

ส็็็็็็็ ็็็็็็็ ็็็ ส็็็ Suqat's Avatar
    Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WhirlwindTobias View Post
    Bookmarked for later. I'm not really switched on enough to take everything in fully at this time.

Edit: Hold on a sec what's with the;

-Please keep this bumped
    -I'm going to keep bumping this
    -Mods please sticky this

Approach? I could accuse you of fishing for attention. "READ MY GLORY PEOPLE".
    I was irate last night. The two major threads last night (That I saw.) was about a big dik and "my ass". Really annoying when people would rather read that crap and this gets pushed off the first page.

My interest in pushing this is not for "my glory." If this was written by someone else, I would condone and post it here. It is me trying to be helpful and change people for the better, in a way that I can right now.

Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    Great Job OP.

Goldfish

I'm preaching to the choir here but reading fiction has a myriad of benefits. The OP alluded to it by saying you will have a deeper understanding of The Human Condition. Many studies have stated that the "Theory of Mind" increases when you read fiction.

Essentially you are able to put yourself in someone else's shoe and be able to empathize and connect with them more. In fiction you are typically reading the inner thoughts and behaviors of a main protagonist so I could see why.
    Yes, it is very important to read fiction. I am really unfamiliar with modern day literature, but I have read a lot of classical literature.

Originally Posted by Realclout View Post
    TL: DR Op thinks that instead of reading self help books you should learn philosophy and grammer along with other subjects that make you a well rounded individual

While I agree with what you are saying Op not all self help books are "quick fix" books. Being somebody that likes self help books I admit that there are alot of self help books that are complete garbage but you shouldn't neglect the self help books that are actually quality

Self Help books/psychology books i'd recommend
    - The power of habit Charles Duhigg
    - Better fast stronger - Charles Duhigg
    - Thinking Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahnmen
    - 7 Habits of highly effective people - Stefhan R. Covey
    - mastery - Robert Greene
    - Seduction - Robert Greene
    - 48 Laws of power - Robert Greene
    - Outliers - Malcom Gladwell
    - Tipping Point - Malcom Gladwell
    - The Richest man in Babylon - George S clason.
    - The power of now -Eckhart Tolle

Might be a few I missed but this would be my list

As for other genres of books I don't have exact books since I have really delved into self help first.

Philosophy
    Plato - Gorgias
    Plato - allegory of the cave of the cave
    Again, there are some benefits, but they are not helpful when everyone is thinking about "my ass", "big dik" "twinks" "baldcells" threads, all that crap. You will never change the fundamental aspect of your being, your thoughts, by just reading self-help books: you need to fill your mind with great ideas, stories, and knowledge that has shaped and transformed humanity.

gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gwem32170191 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Suqat View Post
    the subjects that everyone thinks is boring until they understand their value: grammer,

Last edited by Suqat; Yesterday at 08:09 PM. Reason: grammer
    You think this is a game OP?

It is not so much the major events as the small day-to-day decisions that map the course of our living. . . Our lives are, in reality, the sum total of our seemingly unimportant decisions and of our capacity to live by those decisions. ― Gordon B. Hinckley

StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StainlesSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's awesome I.. wait, what! Aaaaaarghhhhh

subbed
    I got this

Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000) Suqat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gwem32170191 View Post
    You think this is a game OP?

Thanks for catching my mistake. Fixed. Would rep if you weren't an e-stater.

smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000) smallmeatchamp is just really nice. (+1000)

Goldfish

Please layout the blueprint

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well said, OP. A lot of this reminds me of the book Plato, Not Prozac

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Goldfish

Honestly sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but I guess that's because I'm more of a hardcore realist. I see the world as this cold hard place, void of anything colorful, artistic, etc. This is just the truth, humanity will never change. If I could get rich off exploiting retarded sheep I would, because sheep deserve to be exploited, they don't deserve a good life.

I've pretty much lost all faith in the world and just focus on myself being happy, we're at the point of no return

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read and Cosigned, 100% serious. You phaggots seriously need to take 5 minutes to read this.

As a Man Thinketh is public domain, but I STRONLGY recommend buying a copy of "As You Think" which was a recent redo of it to remove the "Ye Old Old-Tymey" language. It's much more readable to a modern reader, and you're gonna want a hard copy of this book anyway: the book is a TRUE 6/5 and you're going to want to take notes and highlight passages.

"The Within Is Ceaselessly Becoming the Without." -James Allen, As A Man Thinketh
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

Blowing out someone else's candle wont make yours glow any brighter (no homo).

Originally Posted by Slayermanlet View Post
    I generally agree with what you're saying op with a few caveats

A lot of self help stuff has solid ideas behind it (almost every single book/city repackages the exact same ideas) but only has value to people who can identify the legit stuff and actually apply it. For 90% of people it becomes an exercise in mental masturbation and navel gazing.....
    True. There are benefits of reading those books, but they won't help the majority of people here (The misc), because many of these people's minds are corrupted with absolute trash filth that has no basis in reality.
    I like your idea of a classical education. Someone once told me that you should aim to know 'a little bit about everything and a lot about something'. That's the best you can do nowadays anyway. All the men you cited lived in a time where the body of human knowledge was vastly smaller than today, so it was practically possible to become an expert in multiple fields. Nowadays that's impossible since it could take a lifetime to truly master one subject/niche......
    True. You can become knowledgeable in many fields, but you can't master them all.

I also don't know about your claim that this could help FAs. A lot of them are already too shut in their heads and over intellectualising. They mainly just need to let loose and grab hold of their balls. You'll also come off as pompous and neckbeardy if you start seeing yourself as some high brow renaissance man and trying to talk about profound topics all the time. Probably the best thing I ever did for my sex/social life was learning to dumb myself down and take myself less seriously in social situations. Deep convos are for a handful of my bros whose minds I really respect....
    I think that it could help them. Of course they need to be confident to get women, you just need to approach them and say hi, it works every time .

Seriously though, like minded people are attracted to each other. If you want to so sleeping around with girls that have counts over 20, be my guest. They will certainly not be good wives or girlfriends, however. Nothing can help more than a fundamental transformation if you want to attract a quality woman that is worth spending your life with.

Perhaps there are 10,000 quality girls that are angels, beautiful in both character and figure. To get a girl like that you will need to be the best person you can be.
    You also need to make sure intellectual curiosity in general doesn't detract from actually building a solid marketable skillset of some kind. I made this mistake in my early 20s. I did a degree in philosophy, read books/took courses on all kinds of different topics, never really developed expertise in any one thing.... Now I'm playing catch up because my focus has been like a scatter-gun over the years
    True.

Some good books I recommend in the spirit of this thread

Sapiens
    A History of Western Philosophy
    The lessons of history
    A short history of nearly everything
    The story of art
    The art of thinking clearly
    Thinking, fast and slow
    Antifragile (and anything else by Taleb)
    Seven brief lessons on physics
    Good list. I have read several on that list and they were good. I will research those other titles later.

DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DazzlaUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in on great thread.

btw goldfish

Originally Posted by DazzlaUK View Post
    in on great thread.

btw goldfish
    24 hours till recharge. I will get everyone. I swear.

Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude my brain is too fried. I actually struggled to read that. I remember I used to devour books when I was younger, now I struggle to focus on SOME ****ING ****STAINS HUNDRED SOMETHING POST. How the **** am I supposed to learn all these classic subjects when I can't concentrate, teach me good ser.

Also goldfish, ha ha. Also did it really take an hour for you to write that?
    Then again, the really funny thing is you read my signature, now I'm home in Bel Air, ayyyy.

DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DKM89 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    goldfish. Subbed to thread
    W moich zylach plynie Polska krew.

amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amenccm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Almost all great men sense the time of 600bc has had a classical education. Everyone up until around the turn of the 20th century. It is quite noticeable too; the literature, ideas, and logic from hundreds and thousands of years ago is, more times than not, far more intellectually stimulating than ANYTHING modern day society offers. It is actually quite sad when society now views the Kardashians and Kanye West as entertainment, when Shakespeare and Bach were the entertainment of society in the 16th and 17th century. Nowadays, people have the attention span of a goldfish. I bet maybe 20 people will read this text in its entirety, even though it took me over an hour to write. If you have gotten this far, congratulations, you are better off than 80% of the population. Post the word "goldfish" and I will rep you.
    Classical education was typically taught in HE institutes, which were reserved for the wealthy aristocrats.

Those men didn't become great because they had a classical education, they became great because they had ****loads of money and connections to carry them.
    *Wish I was dead crew*

Originally Posted by Eterniity View Post
    Dude my brain is too fried. I actually struggled to read that. I remember I used to devour books when I was younger, now I struggle to focus on SOME ****ING ****STAINS HUNDRED SOMETHING POST. How the **** am I supposed to learn all these classic subjects when I can't concentrate, teach me good ser.

Also goldfish, ha ha. Also did it really take an hour for you to write that?
    Well, yes. I try to formulate my thoughts in a coherent manner. I don't often have the opportunity (Stem) to write any papers or arguments that need refined arguments. I thought about it for 20 minutes or so, and wrote for 30-40 minutes.

How to concentrate is another topic entirely. It really is about cutting distractions, and having the willpower to continue through even if it is difficult. Ultimately, the final goal should be a constant desire to learn with extreme disdain for idling instead of a desire to idle and be lazy. It is a mental choice which only you can make; once you make it you need to stick with that choice. Your word must mean something to yourself or you will have no credibility, and you will never change. That is what will separate the failures from the successful.

Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on this poverty squat thread
    Toronto is Bake crew
    Raptors-Jays-Leafs-Bills. Best 2/10 sport teams crew.
    Herniated Dick crew
    Mike Tyson admirer crew
    Homeboy Leroy crew

Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000) Eterniity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your word must mean something to yourself or you will have no credibility, and you will never change.
    Fuarkkk, this is too legit.
    Then again, the really funny thing is you read my signature, now I'm home in Bel Air, ayyyy.

Originally Posted by amenccm View Post
    Classical education was typically taught in HE institutes, which were reserved for the wealthy aristocrats.

Those men didn't become great because they had a classical education, they became great because they had ****loads of money and connections to carry them.
    Not everyone had that luxury. Two people off of the top of my head are Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Franklin, two men who fundamentally changed America. There are always examples of men who came from the bottom and rose. It isn't about that anyway. We have the luxury of almost unlimited free time. You don't have an excuse.

Originally Posted by FryDude View Post
    In on this poverty squat thread
    hehe nice to see an OG here. Don't worry man, old habits can easily be changed.

nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nickboy333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BRB everybody including self-help gurus are just re-writing what Stoics (Marcus Aurelius, etc) have written 2000 years ago and selling it to make money.

It's a bull**** industry just like any other.

Let me give you some real red pill: 99% of humans are slaves to their environment and genetics. If you have **** education, **** parenting, etc...you will be ****. And it will take time to turn it around.

Forget religious bull****. Be rational, be humble, focus on scientific reasoning like the Stoics, and eventually piece by piece you will fix your ****ty life.

zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zzz258 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great fking read. Thanks opie

goldfish

pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinkpinkpony is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Such interesting replies, not enough Goldfish though.
    Get paid to shop online with Ebates (earnings YTD $233.37):
    http://bit.ly/XtwBy1

Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Merovingian11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Goldfish.

As someone committed to lifelong self education, I think I'm automatically 'In'.

Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice post, i am interested to hear more about the "classical education"

first time i got motivated in educating myself and reading, was after watching the maps of meaning lectures by jordan peterson.
    He is a profesor in psychology and posts all his lectures on youtube
    talks about how people see the world and should act in it.
    I def recommend these lectures, he is a very interesting person to listen to.
    https://youtu.be/I8Xc2_FtpHI

he also has a book list that I am starting to read.
    https://jordanbpeterson.com/2016/11/book-list/

hope it helps someone
    goldfish

Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unlurked is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm interested in reading more m8. Good read.

Oh and I haven't eat those goldfish snacks in years lmao.
    Full-time lurker since '09

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good thread, might want to fix this though, with all that grammar talk:

you will never have any time to waist,
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Originally Posted by NY Money Mike View Post
    Good thread, might want to fix this though, with all that grammar talk:

you will never have any time to waist,
    Thanks. Can't believe that I could spell grammar and waste wrong. Pardon English, I am Latin.