kim59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best compound db exercise for biceps & triceps

My elbow is better but not 100%. I think I will cut out the bicep curls & tri extensions for a week or two, but the elbow is ok to continue, albeit with a lighter weight, on the other parts of my routine. What are some of the best compound dumbbell exercise that will hit the biceps & triceps without putting too much stress on the elbow? I am doing shoulder presses, db bench presses, assisted pull-ups, one arm rows, and some leg exercises.

Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Compounds? Pushing will hit triceps and pulling will hit biceps.

For dumbell bench you could tuck your elbows and turn it into a close grip bench.

And you could do chins for better bicep emphasis, though depending on your grip they may also bother your elbows.

My elbows bother me when I do tricep isolations too. What I do is a bastardized version of the skullcrusher where I practically bring my biceps to my ears so the angle doesn't wreck my elbows. Could also do extensions from a low pulley.
    Last edited by Sherniee; 07-24-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    ACE CPT

6'0
    Starting weight 304lbs
    Current weight 176lbs

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're gonna have to experiment a bit. There really isn't the be all end all of exercises. Some factors like volume, overload progression can comes first before exercise selection imo and since you're limited with what you can do, you just need to try different exercises and find one you respond well to.
    Go through these DB tricep exercises and choose one that feels better on your elbows.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ArmWt.html

For extensions in case you don't already.
    @1:50 min into the vid can be done with DB. Certain tweaks. ^ Like mentioned above. Personally whenever i do skulls crushers i lay on a decline position and do the same thing mentioned in the vid.

As for biceps don't know any exercise for your situation for dumbbells from experience. Though i do know that cable rope curls produced less stress on my elbow probably due the palms facing inwards similar to DB hammer curls. Like above experiment and find one you prefer.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.