a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)

Flex Bisolator or Nautilus Nitro Bicep Curl?

Since I got a preacher bench not too long ago, I was thinking of swapping my Atlantis preacher machine for a bicep piece that is harder to duplicate with other equipment. The Flex/Star Trac seem to be the leaders as far as that goes.

For anyone thats used them, what are your thoughts on them? And for anyone thats used both, how do they compare? Thanks.

Attached Images
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have used both. I own the nautilus nitro bicep and the life fitness signature bicep (very similar to bisolator). I actually prefer the nautilus, particularly if you put seat all the way down and pad behind your back to accentuate ROM and stretch. Great peak contraction! I actually like a incline cable curl (in standing position on FWADJ bench that has foot rest) with trak handle better than either the life fitness or the bisolator as it allows me to fully supinate and pronate and has better tension profile. The movement of the nautilus though is very hard to reproduce with cables so I would get that over bisolator in a heartbeat.

ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArtifactFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    Since I got a preacher bench not too long ago, I was thinking of swapping my Atlantis preacher machine for a bicep piece that is harder to duplicate with other equipment. The Flex/Star Trac seem to be the leaders as far as that goes.

For anyone thats used them, what are your thoughts on them? And for anyone thats used both, how do they compare? Thanks.

I have used both and owned the nitro for a few years. What nnclark11 said. I think there are some good ways to create something similar to the flex piece but I cannot recall the exact resistance/cam changes through the range of motion, but it is nice to have support under the elbow and some resistance at the start of the motion which can be unique to that style of machine. I know that there were a few HIT guys who liked that machine but it had more to do with he length tension relationships and the belief that it was a superior position to train the musculature than the shoulder flexed pieces like nitro and the old shoulder flexed nautilus pieces (1 seat or 2 seat), I personally dont think there is much evidence for this nor do I care.

I liked the Nitro but found that for it to fit me well I almost needed to sit sideways in it to achieve a comfortable position of shoulder flexion (think scapular plane) so I would use it one arm at a time, though this likely isnt required for many users.

If you get a chance to try the nitro out I would, also they routinely go on craigslist for around $400 if you are patient and in a decent location.... I sold mine for 350 which is what I paid for it.