Likeyou is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Completely lost. Not sure where to start

Hello, you all!
    I just registered here and although it seems there is a lot of everything, I just dont know where to start. This is my story:
    I am a 42 years woman trying to get healthy and look better. Over the last years, I allowed myself to gain weight and that, of course, affected my health. I am 5'4 and my current weight is 171.
    For the last 2 months I was able to lose about 7 pounds just by avoiding unhealthy foods (I was 178 then).
    Due to issues with gluten and bloating, I decided to stop eating rice, bread, cakes,beers, etc...and to my surprise I was able to survive not having any of that. I was so happy with my 7 pound less that it seemed the rigth time for me to try (again☹️), to lose weight. This is where I need you guys. I am pushing myself to workout at least 45 minutes daily. I am riding my bike and walking. I do have a Hoistv6 home gym but i dont even know how to combine those two. I am drinking a lot of water and eating a lot healthier. I also bought Whey protein and Bccas supplements to help with muscle sore and I am commited to regain control of my body. How to organize all this? How to combine the supplements and equipment? Any advise? Where do I start?

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Likeyou View Post
    Hello, you all!
    I just registered here and although it seems there is a lot of everything, I just dont know where to start. This is my story:
    I am a 42 years woman trying to get healthy and look better. Over the last years, I allowed myself to gain weight and that, of course, affected my health. I am 5'4 and my current weight is 171.
    For the last 2 months I was able to lose about 7 pounds just by avoiding unhealthy foods (I was 178 then).
    Due to issues with gluten and bloating, I decided to stop eating rice, bread, cakes,beers, etc...and to my surprise I was able to survive not having any of that. I was so happy with my 7 pound less that it seemed the rigth time for me to try (again☹️), to lose weight. This is where I need you guys. I am pushing myself to workout at least 45 minutes daily. I am riding my bike and walking. I do have a Hoistv6 home gym but i dont even know how to combine those two. I am drinking a lot of water and eating a lot healthier. I also bought Whey protein and Bccas supplements to help with muscle sore and I am commited to regain control of my body. How to organize all this? How to combine the supplements and equipment? Any advise? Where do I start?
    How many calories per day are you consuming?

zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello, you all!
    To lose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit at the end of the day/week/month. You can eat less than maintenance calories, workout to burn calories and end up in a deficit, or do both. Your maintenance calories are somewhere around 2600. You could eat 2300 and burn 300 a day. you would lose about a pound (slightly more) a week. You could eat 2000 and burn 600 a day and lost about 2 pounds a week. Personally, when I started my maintenance calories were about 3600. I ate 1200 a day and worked out everyday (mostly cardio at first) and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I went pretty extreme, and everyone says that losing it slowly is better, but I'm a guy that likes results - fast! I don't recommend that you do what I did, I'm just saying that you can do this 100 different ways. I would recommend lifting weights, cutting 300 calories a day, and doing cardio or HIIT a couple of times a week (maybe more once you are used to it.)

zszoke, I would say 1800, maybe even less. Thanks for any suggestion!😀

Farley1324, about 1800 kcal daily. Thanks for any advice

Thanks so much, guys!!

zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    zszoke, I would say 1800, maybe even less. Thanks for any suggestion!
    You should lose a pound a week without even working out then. At least until your weight drops to a point at which your maintenance calories are significantly lower. If you are good at counting calories and work out at least a couple of times a week you should continue to see nice results for awhile! Good luck!