View Poll Results: How many vacations a year do you take?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0, I despise the idea of traveling.

11 11.96%
  • 1-2, would love to take more but its expensive.

48 52.17%
  • 3-4, I have the travel bug and there is no cure.

29 31.52%
  • 5 or more, I am independantly wealthy.

4 4.35%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been a month with no postings, surely someone has gone on vacation and has some stories to tell and pictures to share?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2 days until we leave for South Africa, just made reservations for Inverdoorn game reserve for a day safari. Should be a good time and quite an experience being with the animals in their environment and not behind bars in a zoo. http://www.inverdoorn.com/reserve/
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This trip was amazing...

https://www.rockymountaineer.com

Not cheap by any means, but you get what you pay for. Luxury train ride through the Canadian Rockies (various routes and durations to choose from). Definitely go with Gold Leaf - main seating on the upper deck, then 1.5 each for breakfast and lunch in the lower deck dining room for a nice change of pace.

So far South Africa is great, food & drinks are dirt cheap. Huge draft beer was $3, excellent meal for us both with a 20% tip came to $21 total. The helicopter tour was a bit pricey but was fun, all around Table Mountain so we saw all of Cape Town & False Bay.

No pics here as I don't know how to post from the phone to this site. Tomorrow is a safari at Inverdoorn.

Couple quick pics.
    Heres one I took from the helicopter

Cape Point

Boulders beach & the African penguins

Wife & I atop Table mountain

Couple Eland and Springbok we saw on the safari.

Pizza we had one night & it was uber delicious.

Come on folks, toss your stories of your travels here, past vacations, upcoming vacations, weekend getaways, etc.

Wife & I have Cabo coming up in 7 weeks and then I just went ahead and booked next falls trip as the price was too good to pass up. 3 nights in Munich for Oktoberfest then 4 nights each in Prague & Budapest. Should be a good time.

strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000)
    Costa Rica is one of the happiest countries in the world. The people are wonderful, the climate ideal, coffee amazing and if you love active sport holidays, Nosara may have what you are looking for. I just spent a week at boutique surf camp learning to surf at 52. At the camp there were 12 surfers ranging from inexperienced to level 4 looking to step up. Then I spent some extra time in Nosara after the camp ended practising on my own. Was having such a good time, I cancelled my return flight and extended my trip a couple days. Just wasn't ready to have it end. If you are thinking you want to combine travel and learning to surf or improve your level, Surf Simply in Nosara should be on your short list. More details in the vid here: https://youtu.be/cAwPrS-eeR8
    CPU National Championship Bench March '17 - 130 kilos 286 lbs, M2-93 kilo class
    Raw Bench Bash August 17 - 135 kilos/297 lbs, M2-93 kilo class

Originally Posted by strongpath View Post
    Costa Rica is one of the happiest countries in the world. The people are wonderful, the climate ideal, coffee amazing and if you love active sport holidays, Nosara may have what you are looking for. I just spent a week at boutique surf camp learning to surf at 52. At the camp there were 12 surfers ranging from inexperienced to level 4 looking to step up. Then I spent some extra time in Nosara after the camp ended practising on my own. Was having such a good time, I cancelled my return flight and extended my trip a couple days. Just wasn't ready to have it end. If you are thinking you want to combine travel and learning to surf or improve your level, Surf Simply in Nosara should be on your short list. More details in the vid here: https://youtu.be/cAwPrS-eeR8
    There were a number of areas around Cape Town that had what is supposed to be excellent surfing, myself i'm not so good on a single board. I have tried snowboarding and sucked, tried the Flow Rider thing at Kalahari where you are on a small wakeboard & got my @ss handed to me. Yet I can ride a unicycle with no issues so go figure?

strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000) strongpath is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    There were a number of areas around Cape Town that had what is supposed to be excellent surfing, myself i'm not so good on a single board. I have tried snowboarding and sucked, tried the Flow Rider thing at Kalahari where you are on a small wakeboard & got my @ss handed to me. Yet I can ride a unicycle with no issues so go figure?
    Unicycle - very cool! I hear you on the snowboarding. I've been working at it the last couple of winters and will again this winter (being completely locked into your board with no ability to break a fall when it happens does make for a painful learning curve)

As an outdoor sports type, Cape Town is definitely on my bucket list in the longer term. Not this year however. Sayulita/Punta Mita Mexico is the next surf destination trip.
    CPU National Championship Bench March '17 - 130 kilos 286 lbs, M2-93 kilo class
    Raw Bench Bash August 17 - 135 kilos/297 lbs, M2-93 kilo class

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not much travelling involved but I took my wife to the Lake District for a 4 day get-away for her birthday.

Conniston water and Lake Windermere

Instagram - @dazlittle123

Originally Posted by strongpath View Post
    Unicycle - very cool! I hear you on the snowboarding. I've been working at it the last couple of winters and will again this winter (being completely locked into your board with no ability to break a fall when it happens does make for a painful learning curve)

As an outdoor sports type, Cape Town is definitely on my bucket list in the longer term. Not this year however. Sayulita/Punta Mita Mexico is the next surf destination trip.
    Make sure you come back & post your thoughts as well as pics.

Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    Not much travelling involved but I took my wife to the Lake District for a 4 day get-away for her birthday.

Conniston water and Lake Windermere

Sweet puppy!

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Having moved three times, twice across state lines, in the last four years our vacations have been limited to a couple quick trips to Ft.Lauderdale to see the son and his family. Two years ago we took the kayaks to Cape Breton and paddled on the Bras d'Or a huge inland sea. I would love to return but that drive is killer. Last September after settling into a new home we went to Washington DC for a few days. While there my wife bought into a time share club so I guess we will be vacationing regularly now.

She has business trip two or three times a year and I sometimes go with her especially if she goes to New Orleans. In two weeks she goes to Florida and I will go with her to lounge about the pool and beach while she rushes from meeting to meeting. A month later we have used the time share points to book a suite at a resort in Orlando. We are taking our daughter and granddaughter with us; the son and his family are driving to meet us. Next fall we plan to visit a resort near Paris.

This is a great thread. Thanks
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

On the plane waiting to takeoff for Denver then Cabo. Should be drinking on the beach in about 7 hrs.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We camp 4-6 times a summer. Typically within 6 hours of home.

20170527_171140-01.jpg 20170528_163357-01.jpg

We also traveled to Belize last February and took a 13 day Viking Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest.

CnGShark.jpg MayanTemple.jpg

20988178_10215181305753110_2774205815758039830_o.jpg 21192443_10215239763494517_6159825309856203186_n.jpg

This year we will travel to Iceland and on to Germany where my Dad and Step-mom are working.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On the plane waiting to takeoff for Denver then Cabo. Should be drinking on the beach in about 7 hrs.
    Enjoy Corbi, look forward to the pics
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Back from Cabo and had a great time, here's a few pics.
    This is Divorce beach and its on the pacific side, the opposite in the sea of cortez is known as lovers beach.

Aboard a sunset dinner cruise monday night, the band was excellent and I got a little messed up with the open bar..mucho tequila.

Wife & I with 1 of many mojitos.

Sunset

Los Arcos

Typical little $hithole with awesome food.

Chorizo tacos and a chica size quesadilla

Our cook.

Margaritas at Cabo Wabo

Inside the club

Rattlesnake in a bottle of tequila, nope not trying that.

Lands End and Los Arcos

Went on a whale watching cruise aboard a pirate ship & it was blast! Searching for Humpback & Gray whales. We had a few come up right next to the boat and then swim under, also saw 3 full breaches which is one of the coolest things ever.

One coming up for a look around.

Right under the boat

Our boat was the yellow and black one

I have a lot more pics and need to load up my whale ones.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No wonder you enjoyed yourselves, what a great place! The beach is gorgeous - white sands and brilliant turquoise water. Besides the good food and great atmosphere, for me, seeing the whales close and watching them do their thing would have been the highlight of the trip. Thanks for sharing, Corbi. Looking forward to seeing the other whale pics

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in love with Atlantis atm. Can't really find another place I want to sit and do nothing, while having sht to do.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RustyPipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Mrs. & I are headed to Lisbon, Portugal in May. I've read and heard its an amazing and overlooked city - not to mention cheaper than the major European sites. Airfares to Europe are down right now because of the Trump Effect. Europeans aren't traveling to the US and the lack of demand is making it cheaper for us to go there.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    awesome photographs Corbi, Spent last weekend working at our offices in France, we stayed in Versailles and got the chance to have a wander around on Sunday so we visited the Chateaux de Versailles

Looks fantastic, please post more pics & your review/ opinion of it.

Looks fantastic, please post more pics & your review/ opinion of it.
    I'll try and get some more uploaded this evening, I had a few colleagues over from Greenville SC for the project so they came along also. It cost €18 to get into the Chateaux, the grounds entry is free of charge and you could literally spend hours wandering around it is that large. Marie Antoinette's house is also within the grounds but the need for food and red wine took over so we didn't make it.

Well worth the visit if anyone is ever in or around Paris.

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    awesome photographs Corbi, Spent last weekend working at our offices in France, we stayed in Versailles and got the chance to have a wander around on Sunday so we visited the Chateaux de Versailles

Is the Chateau Versailles normally this crowded on a Sunday in January?
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome pics, Corbs, particularly this one ^^^

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing 'em.

Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Is the Chateau Versailles normally this crowded on a Sunday in January?
    I've only been once so I don't have anything to compare it too!!

I will say that this room was roped off so you only had a narrow corridor to pass through which bottle-necked the visitors.

This is the "hall of mirrors" so was very popular, google it for some great photographs

Headed to SaLt Lake City Utah on sunday for work, only be there thru wednesday but still enough time to see a few things. Guy who owns the vendor i'm going out to see has some .50cal rifles and a few full autos, he wants to go shooting, hell yes i'm on board with that.

Also I love to plan ahead have this yrs fall vacation booked but now looking ahead to 2020, thats right i'm skipping over 2019 and going full bore nuts. I love the olympics and Tokyo has been on my radar for sometime now, well they are hosting the summer 2020 games at the end of july so I figure what the hell, kill 2 birds with one long ass plane ride. Just started looking into it today, hopefully in a month or 2 I can nail something down.
    Last edited by Corbi; 02-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome, Corbee. I guess that is a Mojito with your arm around your woman?

Good time. Thanks for posting. Great pics.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Awesome, Corbee. I guess that is a Mojito with your arm around your woman?

Good time. Thanks for posting. Great pics.
    Yep, love a good Mojito.