zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is my time with Fierce 5 novice coming to an end?

First, my current lifts:

Bench Press 185 (3x5)
    OHP 145 (3x5)
    Squat 365 (3x5) and 405 1rm
    Deadlift 345 (3x5)
    Row 185 (3x5)

I'm 5'9 and 205lbs.

I deloaded a couple of times for bench press and I've had days where I had to lift lighter with deadlifts just because I'm worn out. Sometimes my form breaks down, but mostly I've been able to continue progressing. I'd hate to give this program up, but if my bench doesn't improve soon I feel like I'll have to move on.

My son has been working out with me. We've been doing this program together. I'd hate to have to change programs because I'd sort of be leaving him in the dust. He's 14 and making good gains so far (i.e. he improved his bench from the bar to 105.)
    Any suggestions?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Well your lifts are pretty high to be running the novice version. I would move to an upper/lower, but take him with you. He can run an upper/lower and still see very good progress as a novice, but it may be just slightly below what he would do on the novice. It's worth noting though, that if you move on and he doesn't then I would imagine his workout consistency would suffer and he'd have been better off upgrading with you.

zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50) zszoke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks man. I agree that he probably would not be as consistent if he is left to do his own workout. I'm not busting his balls, but he's not super motivated unless he's sitting in front of his computer shooting people. It's good to know that he'll be okay to advance with me. That was the major concern. I have a hectic week, so I'll probably stick to the novice program this week and figure out something new for next week. Thanks again!

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Good luck man. There are several other good upper/lower programs if you guys are getting tired of Fierce 5. I'll be happy to advise some if you like.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Good luck man. There are several other good upper/lower programs if you guys are getting tired of Fierce 5. I'll be happy to advise some if you like.
    I'll have to look at it. I'm not too familiar with upper/lower routines. I've glanced at them before, but I'm going to have to take a good look. I'm not bored, so I'm guessing that the Fierce 5 UL should be ok.

Originally Posted by zszoke View Post
    I'll have to look at it. I'm not too familiar with upper/lower routines. I've glanced at them before, but I'm going to have to take a good look. I'm not bored, so I'm guessing that the Fierce 5 UL should be ok.
    Sounds great. Good luck!