sucks at power cleans chakalvoador's Avatar
    chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile Technique question

Snatch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4FzCsPxjB4

Clean and jerk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtA0Gu2JHaA

Back squat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqu4sPT0x6U

Front squats:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSmm2r53swQ

Hey guys what do you think about my technique if someone has some tips or cues that could be useful tell me. I learned to lift on my own without a coach so i know i might not be doing some things correctly i'm open to any advice. Thanks

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's hard to tell from the angles, but where you move to catch the bar is a little slow.

You're essentially adding a squat at the end of a power snatch and power clean. That's pointless. You should be receiving the bar the squatting position (if you're doing a standard clean/snatch), not receiving it in the power position then squatting down.

sucks at power cleans chakalvoador's Avatar
    chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100) chakalvoador is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Griddlelol View Post
    It's hard to tell from the angles, but where you move to catch the bar is a little slow.

You're essentially adding a squat at the end of a power snatch and power clean. That's pointless. You should be receiving the bar the squatting position (if you're doing a standard clean/snatch), not receiving it in the power position then squatting down.
    Thanks for your reply i see that too but how can i fix it? These for me are pretty light weights as i can't drop the barbell in the gym i go to( commercial gym) so i think that might be why i'm "power snatching/cleaning" if i try getting faster to the bottom i feel like i lose tightness and it just doesn't feel right.

Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000) Griddlelol is just really nice. (+1000)
    Practice. You'll never be able to go super heavy if you're only power clean/snatching.

I used to have the same problem, so I focused on getting the pattern down with light weights, then it comes pretty easy with heavier weights.
    Also, maybe try training somewhere else. A commercial gym is not the best place for you.

FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Snatch - Your ass is starting too low, which makes it awkward to get passed your knees, then the bar is way out front.

C&J - Same, ass is too low, move your ass up until your shoulders are slightly forward of the bar, find the spot where your back angle remains the same from off the floor to just past the knees.

Watch:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUY5gq4j...an_kubik&hl=en

Looks pretty good really.